Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbdullahhSam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
So i was a die hard fan of apple for 8 years since iPhone 4 and i also used Macbooks, Apple watches, and AirPods for years, i got sick and tired of Apple charging high prices for tech which kept getting extremely worse each year!!! Agreed they were brilliant the first few years, not anymore. So i invested in Samsung. Bought a Note 10+, Galaxy Buds, Samsung Gear S3, I must admit, its a brilliant phone! I must say, no offense to anyone, but its (overall) better than Apple its MUCH lighter than apple, looks better, feels amazing, there is no need to pay for everything! Im leaning to the android fanboy life now! The ONLY thing i do miss about Apple, is the keyboard. Android is so much easier to live with day-to-day.
Apple is just ripping us off ever since after the X
My previous collection below...
e8ca700fa07b586d34f59960220753d5.jpg

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
As someone that was fully in the Android system and had a few Note phones as well as various other Android phones. I feel you will probably be back. People always seem to complain about the price of admission when it comes to IPhones but don’t seem remember that you are also paying for years of continued support and upgrades . The IPhone 6s Plus just got the latest version of IOS 13 I can guarantee the Note 5 which was released the same year has been obsolete for years. The Note 10 will probably get Android 10 but that will be it.

I briefly had the Note 10 5G Plus and while its a great phone the Iphone just runs better. Navigating through apps using gestures is so much easier and fluid. And yes the keyboard can’t even compare. Now if this is your first Android you will be dazzled by all of the neat gimmicks that the Note has and may even find many useful but gimmicks are all most of them are that won’t be fully fleshed out or supported. I always hear if you don’t like something about an Android phone there’s app for that like the keyboard but I would prefer that the one that comes with the phone be the best experience possible than always have to search for 3rd party solutions.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Click trash icon = post is moved from the iPhone forum to the Alternatives forum :D

chrismichael83

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
To each their own. Of course Apple may not have all the features android has and it def pisses me off we cant just make our own ringtones, or have a little more openness. While android may be good for some, it really all depends on your group of contacts. Stock messaging is horrible on android flat out. So if your that one person in your family with android while everyone is on ios then your going to be missing out on a lot. I tried the google pixel and while its a great phone and camera, 95% of my contacts are on IOS. Since android messages are limited to character counts, pictures and video sent and received are compressed, it was a no go for me. Yes I am aware of other messaging apps but most only work if the other party installs them, I will not ask 80 people to download an app just because android still uses SMS as their communication. If RCS was rolled out everywhere then maybe it be fine but its carrier and device limited right now.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
As someone that was fully in the Android system and had a few Note phones as well as various other Android phones. I feel you will probably be back. People always seem to complain about the price of admission when it comes to IPhones but don’t seem remember that you are also paying for years of continued support and upgrades . The IPhone 6s Plus just got the latest version of IOS 13 I can guarantee the Note 5 which was released the same year has been obsolete for years. The Note 10 will probably get Android 10 but that will be it.

I briefly had the Note 10 5G Plus and while its a great phone the Iphone just runs better. Navigating through apps using gestures is so much easier and fluid. And yes the keyboard can’t even compare. Now if this is your first Android you will be dazzled by all of the neat gimmicks that the Note has and may even find many useful but gimmicks are all most of them are that won’t be fully fleshed out or supported. I always hear if you don’t like something about an Android phone there’s app for that like the keyboard but I would prefer that the one that comes with the phone be the best experience possible than always have to search for 3rd party solutions.

Forget obsolete on this forum. Most change phones long before that ever happens!

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Forget obsolete on this forum. Most change phones long before that ever happens!

Yes on this forum. But I know at least one person with an IPhone 6 Plus and few with phones older than two years. I know we would not be caught with a phone older than this model year but most people don’t care. Lol.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
You just paid $1000+ for a phone that doesn’t even come with the latest software (Android 10) and won’t see it for months. The honeymoon phase will pass and you may start to get very very annoyed. You’ll be back. Hope you enjoy it though, in all seriousness. I almost bought a Note but can’t do it.

Owned several Androids over the past year, including Pixels and S10+ and S10e. There’s just always something about every phone that irritates the snot out of me. Photo and video sharing, messaging, app optimization, convoluted settings menus, battery drain, auto brightness bugs, 3rd party password managers, notifications blasting in my ear during business calls, Bluetooth audio choppiness while using LDAC codec, complete inability to change BT audio codec, no auto reconnect to my headphones, Verizon call filter app won’t work in unlocked Pixel or OP7 Pro. It just goes on and on and on, there are SO many little compromises I need to make with Android compared to iOS. They all add up to give me a major headache.

I still have my Pixel 3a but just got the 11 Pro last week out of frustration. It’s so good to be back for reasons everyone here knows. If I get another Android (Pixel 4 envy) it’ll be as a backup / secondary phone.

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
You just paid $1000+ for a phone that doesn’t even come with the latest software (Android 10) and won’t see it for months. The honeymoon phase will pass and you may start to get very very annoyed. You’ll be back. Hope you enjoy it though, in all seriousness. I almost bought a Note but can’t do it.

Owned several Androids over the past year, including Pixels and S10+ and S10e. There’s just always something about every phone that irritates the snot out of me. Photo and video sharing, messaging, app optimization, convoluted settings menus, battery drain, auto brightness bugs, 3rd party password managers, notifications blasting in my ear during business calls, Bluetooth audio choppiness while using LDAC codec, complete inability to change BT audio codec, no auto reconnect to my headphones, Verizon call filter app won’t work in unlocked Pixel or OP7 Pro. It just goes on and on and on, there are SO many little compromises I need to make with Android compared to iOS. They all add up to give me a major headache.

I still have my Pixel 3a but just got the 11 Pro last week out of frustration. It’s so good to be back for reasons everyone here knows. If I get another Android (Pixel 4 envy) it’ll be as a backup / secondary phone.

The Note 10 doesn't have Android 10? Man that sucks.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
Oh wow, usually the gut punches stop when the thread gets moved here but man this one's really getting it huh! Poor guy, his first post on Macrumors and all :(
It's funny because most of the regulars here know exactly what OP is going through and feel his pain. Frustrated at Apple -> swear off Apple -> love Android -> honeymoon over -> miss iPhone -> back with iPhone -> lose money when selling (Samsung) due to terrible resale value -> kick thyself for leaving.

Speaking of resale value, OP, please say that you took advantage of the Best Buy sale I saw last week offering $200 off the Note 10 with activation on any carrier? The phone just launched and it was already on sale for $200 off. I just checked on BB website, you can still get the Note 10+ 256gb for $899 with activation on any carrier vs. $1099 if you activate later.

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
It's funny because most of the regulars here know exactly what OP is going through and feel his pain. Frustrated at Apple -> swear off Apple -> love Android -> honeymoon over -> miss iPhone -> back with iPhone -> lose money when selling (Samsung) due to terrible resale value -> kick thyself for leaving.

Speaking of resale value, OP, please say that you took advantage of the Best Buy sale I saw last week offering $200 off the Note 10 with activation on any carrier? The phone just launched and it was already on sale for $200 off. I just checked on BB website, you can still get the Note 10+ 256gb for $899 with activation on any carrier vs. $1099 if you activate later.

I've been a long time iOS user and even I feel like switching. It's like every year the temptation gets stronger. It's ridiculous when Apple is charging a thousand dollars for a phone with an AMOLED display when there are $150 Android phones with them. I get that the build and OS is better, but c'mon. Other $1000 phones have way more.

BTW, why do these Samsungs get discounted so much? People don't buy them? I don't get the logic behind this. Every time there's a new flagship Samsung, people go crazy over them, so why give discounts so soon?

Reactions: AbdullahhSam

neil74

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2017
Keyboard? I usually have a droid and device that I switch between and the keyboard is an area that IMO is far better on android.

Alternative characters, long press for symbols would be my main reasons, the number of clicks to add any punctuation on an iPhone is slightly rediculous

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
I've been a long time iOS user and even I feel like switching. It's like every year the temptation gets stronger. It's ridiculous when Apple is charging a thousand dollars for a phone with an AMOLED display when there are $150 Android phones with them. I get that the build and OS is better, but c'mon. Other $1000 phones have way more.

BTW, why do these Samsungs get discounted so much? People don't buy them? I don't get the logic behind this. Every time there's a new flagship Samsung, people go crazy over them, so why give discounts so soon?

You're right, there are a lot of things I don't like about Apple and its business practices and iOS. End of the day I need a reliable phone with competent and easily accessible support (my home + office are both within two miles of two Apple stores). I'm willing to pay for that. The added bonus of less tinkering within phone settings is nice.

I think maybe Best Buy has some sort of incentive based agreement with Samsung? No facts to back that up, but I agree it's crazy that the Note 10+ is already "only" $899. Even though I don't want one I can't deny that's a heck of a great deal right now.

noslenam

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
So i was a die hard fan of apple for 8 years since iPhone 4 and i also used Macbooks, Apple watches, and AirPods for years, i got sick and tired of Apple charging high prices for tech which kept getting extremely worse each year!!! Agreed they were brilliant the first few years, not anymore. So i invested in Samsung. Bought a Note 10+, Galaxy Buds, Samsung Gear S3, I must admit, its a brilliant phone! I must say, no offense to anyone, but its (overall) better than Apple its MUCH lighter than apple, looks better, feels amazing, there is no need to pay for everything! Im leaning to the android fanboy life now! The ONLY thing i do miss about Apple, is the keyboard. Android is so much easier to live with day-to-day.
Apple is just ripping us off ever since after the X
My previous collection below...
e8ca700fa07b586d34f59960220753d5.jpg

? ? ? ???

AbdullahhSam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019

Must agree with everything you said. But i have a feeling i wont go back to ios

AbdullahhSam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019

Cant agree better. Ios is definitely better optimized

Reactions: Harthag
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.