Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbdullahhSam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
It's funny because most of the regulars here know exactly what OP is going through and feel his pain. Frustrated at Apple -> swear off Apple -> love Android -> honeymoon over -> miss iPhone -> back with iPhone -> lose money when selling (Samsung) due to terrible resale value -> kick thyself for leaving.

Speaking of resale value, OP, please say that you took advantage of the Best Buy sale I saw last week offering $200 off the Note 10 with activation on any carrier? The phone just launched and it was already on sale for $200 off. I just checked on BB website, you can still get the Note 10+ 256gb for $899 with activation on any carrier vs. $1099 if you activate later.
Nope, in another country, no bestbuy here

Reactions: Harthag

AbdullahhSam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
Keyboard? I usually have a droid and device that I switch between and the keyboard is an area that IMO is far better on android.

Alternative characters, long press for symbols would be my main reasons, the number of clicks to add any punctuation on an iPhone is slightly rediculous
True. But what i meant was the smoothness of the keyboard when typing

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
I've been a long time iOS user and even I feel like switching. It's like every year the temptation gets stronger. It's ridiculous when Apple is charging a thousand dollars for a phone with an AMOLED display when there are $150 Android phones with them. I get that the build and OS is better, but c'mon. Other $1000 phones have way more.

Steel is actually lower cost and heavier that's why Apple chose it vs aerospace aluminum used in Samsung flagships. Same thing with with bicycles where the low end ones are made with steel then lighter aluminum and carbon fiber/titanium.

Reactions: iSilas and Nisaja

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
Steel is actually lower cost and heavier that's why Apple chose it vs aerospace aluminum used in Samsung flagships. Same thing with with bicycles where the low end ones are made with steel then lighter aluminum and carbon fiber/titanium.

Oh great! So that's why Apple's 4000mah phone weighs 226 grams and Samsungs 4100mah phone weighs 175 grams

I had an XS Max and I went back to an X because I just couldn't deal with the weight. 206 grams was a bit too much. I gave up the extra 2 hours of screen on time for a phone I could comfortably hold for hours (need to do that when you're in a long distance relationship lol). I was waiting to see how heavy the 11 Pro Max was without 3D touch, because I remember when going from the 6 to the 6s, there was 15 gram weight increase due to the 3D touch tech, and I felt that. But no, Apple increased the weight my 20 grams.

Reactions: 5105973

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
This guy creates an account on an Apple forum to tell everyone he bought a Note 10+....

I have friends that have the Note 10+ and I even think it's an awesome phone. Should I tell them to create accounts here just to let everyone know?

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
This guy creates an account on an Apple forum to tell everyone he bought a Note 10+....

I have friends that have the Note 10+ and I even think it's an awesome phone. Should I tell them to create accounts here just to let everyone know?

He has had enough of paying too much for so little. We've all felt this way at some point with Apple products. Sometimes it takes something like buying an Android for a die hard iOS fan to speak out.

Last edited:

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
He has had enough of paying too much for so little. We've all felt this was at some point with Apple products. Sometimes it takes something like buying an Android for a die hard iOS fan to speak out.
So he's had Apple products for years and complaints about them but never decided to "speak out" as you say. He buys an Android phone then says to himself "You know what I should find an Apple forum and post about how great my new Note 10+ is"...

Anything is possible but again

Reactions: throAU

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO

People have created accounts on here for all manner of reasons. Nothing wrong with what he did. It's just an informational/personal opinion post. At least he didn't come here to whine, troll or bash as some folks tend to do with their first posts.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
People have created accounts on here for all manner of reasons. Nothing wrong with what he did. It's just an informational/personal opinion post. At least he didn't come here to whine, troll or bash as some folks tend to do with their first posts.
Did I say there was anything wrong with what he did? It inspires me to create an account on an Android forum telling them all about me switching from the Note 9 to the iPhone 11 Pro

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Did I say there was anything wrong with what he did? It inspires me to create an account on an Android forum telling them all about me switching from the Note 9 to the iPhone 11 Pro
Go for it. I think you should. You seem to be questioning his motive in the second post, but maybe I am reading to much into it. At the end of the day, it matter much why he posted :)

SAR radiation is going to kill us all anyway ;)

[/URL]

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Go for it. I think you should. You seem to be questioning his motive in the second post, but maybe I am reading to much into it. At the end of the day, it matter much why he posted :)

SAR radiation is going to kill us all anyway ;)

[/URL]
I question everything I read on the internet. One would be silly not to. Of course it's just a post about a phone so in the end it doesn't matter much. I find most posts to be either informative or entertaining in some way.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
It is possible it may not even be his first ever post here. My first account was several years older than this one (2007 originally). But I didn't visit for awhile, changed jobs, email providers, etc. and couldn't recover the original one. So I had to start back over at post #1as well, despite having a couple years and several hundred posts prior. Who knows. Doesn't make much difference :)

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Go for it bro! Send us the link. I really wanna see how Android fanboys would react

I should get my friend to do it, he had been using nothing but the Galaxy Note since the original one in.. was it 2009 and finally bought an iPhone X and is now looking at the 11. But when I asked him why he kept buying Samsung Galaxy Notes all these years and could he tell me what the pros and cons of the Note were, the answer I got was along the lines of "I bought the first one and I just don't like change, so kept buying them." Probably the same reason he will keep buying iPhones going forward :)

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
i got sick and tired of Apple charging high prices for tech
Understandable.

The iPhone 11 Pro is AU$800 more than what the iPhone 6S was on release.

Both flagships. Ok maybe the 6S had an inferior camera to the 6S+, but that’s no reason for an $800 price hike...

Reactions: Nisaja

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I have an S10 plus, and I really like it. Beautiful display. Samsung gave me a generous trade in value for my S8 ($350) better than what it sold on Swappa. I would have gotten the Note 10 if I didn’t already have the S10 plus.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Have tried android many times, as recently as this week (I work in an enterprise and we now support both).

There are too many annoyances as above - death by a thousand cuts.

Never mind things you have to give up like facetime, imessage, integration with other devices, an actual support time-frame, resale, etc.

Reactions: Harthag

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
... The IPhone 6s Plus just got the latest version of IOS 13...
I have the 6S and it runs great! I've actually just ordered the 11 (non-pro) as I bought the 16GB 6S and it's been pretty much full for ages. Plus I want FaceId, and dual-sim, and a better camera. But the 6S runs well, and once I delete most of the apps from it, it'll make a great backup and/or travel phone.

Reactions: Ntombi and Nisaja

Grey Area

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2008

That is too simplistic. Carbon steel is indeed cheaper than aluminium, but stainless steel can cost many times as much. Steel bikes are almost always carbon steel. Conversely, higher end watches for example are stainless steel - or gold, titanium etc., but hardly ever aluminium. The steel iPhones are stainless steel.

Besides, material cost is not everything, one needs to add the cost of working with it, which depends on what one wants to achieve. Aluminium is tricky to weld, and its surface will need some treatment if it is supposed to look nice (even more so if this is supposed to hold up long term). On the other hand it is soft, which makes other methods of working with it cheaper. I bet a stainless steel unibody MacBook would cost a fortune compared to the current aluminium ones.

Reactions: throAU and nrvna76

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
So he's had Apple products for years and complaints about them but never decided to "speak out" as you say. He buys an Android phone then says to himself "You know what I should find an Apple forum and post about how great my new Note 10+ is"...

Anything is possible but again
At least it's in the non Apple section. And far better than those who create multiple threads when they could suitably use one of the countless others like I see in the Apple section.

Grey Area

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2008
I have been an Apple user since the launched of iPhone 4, but nowadays I do have an android device as a spare smartphone.

Makes sense to me, and I also have (and use) both. I think it is good to avoid being locked into one system, and I feel it provides some perspective on the differences, which are actually rather minor. Both have some advantages over the other, both have some unique annoyances (yes, both - I like iOS, but I really don't see it as the intuitive miracle of streamlined beauty that some die-hards claim it to be).

At the end of the day, both get the job done.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Also, Aerospace aluminum is much more fragile. So pick your poison.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.