Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
Intrigued by OnePlus, but I think they're T-Mobile exclusively in the US (disregard if incorrect; T-Mobile service in rural areas I'm mostly around won't work for me).

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Not sure, but I would need another option that gave me the best combination of performance, security, privacy, ecosystem, apps and support. Right now, Apple can't really be beat when it comes to those areas, so it wouldn't make sense to shut down. Too many positives for the company.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I would probably welcome this and move to removing the need to stare at a piece of glass. If anything a pay as you go flip phone would be my first choice.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I would probably give the S10+ a shot, but if Android on a samsung is as crappy as it was a few years ago when I tried it, I would move to a pixel 3.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
All this talk of Blackberry, and they barely exist as a company today ... much less by the time Apple's empire falls.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
In the meantime, I wish for Microsoft to come up with a Surface Phone capable of running x86 apps while docked to a monitor (like Continuum with x86 support). That would change the things. While Apple's trend for not caring Mac line-up is going on, I would pass totally to a windows setup then.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
All this talk of Blackberry, and they barely exist as a company today ... much less by the time Apple's empire falls.
I wouldn’t have another blackberry phone. I had a blackberry pearl back in the day and it was rubbish. Don’t get the hype about blackberry. They aren’t even what they were back then. Now they barley exist.

Reactions: Cryates

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
apple closed for me a long time ago. currently using a mate20 pro no need to wait for the future for apple to close the future is already here.
Same here. Apple no longer makes phones that offer what I need. They barely did in the first place, but I was willing to compromise for the sake of the benefits. But like the frog in the pot slowly rising to a boiling temperature, the removal of the headphone jack and obscene pricing were the last straws.

Now I'm back to an Android phone that costs a fraction of the latest iPhones, has a headphone jack, removable battery, and removable storage. The ability to send and receive texts to my laptop/desktop helped to close one feature gap that Apple had over Android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.