Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Pixel 3XL instantly and hell I am going to do that now once I sell my XS Max.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
If we talking as of today then pixel 3. If we talking like in a few months then whstever Google's next pixel is probably called pixel 4 if it had 6-8gb of ram. Imo they have the best cameras.

uecker87

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
Madison, WI
When it corms to security, I have no problem moving backwards, if that is what it takes.

Seems like an unnecessary comment and you missed the point. Even Blackberry during 2010 would have been a more secure example over Android.
But there are Android phones out there with monthly security updates - and on time updates. Pixels, OnePlus, Essential, and pretty much any Android One phone. Some argue that Samsung's Knox security feature is quite secure, but I honestly don't know enough about it to chime in, so I won't even include their phones.

To generalize Android as some insecure OS is vastly oversimplifying things. Sure - due to fragmentation some devices take a long time to update - including security updates. But that isn't the OS fault, it is the OEM's fault since they take forever to implement what Google has released. You want a secure phone? Then you avoid the OEMs that take forever to update their phones.

By the way - I am not some Android fanboy or anything. Current phone I have is a XS Max (obsessed with Apple's leather cases - ha.. Help me). However, I do enjoy both OSes and go back and forth every year or two. My point was that Android isn't the insecure half step-child to iOS that you guys still think it is. Android has matured a lot over the last few years and if taken in it's pure form (or lightly skinned) it is a great OS.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I am considering this soon (after more important purchases) Samsung s10e or maybe an Asus Zenphone 6. No notches for me.

Curved edges keeping me away from OnePlus 7 Pro.

Bummed that Essential threw in the towel. I loved the look of their phone.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
I would downgrade back to my Motorola flip phone, but I like the quicker texting on my smartphone. If I went with another smartphone it would be the S10e

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
OnePlus. They’re the apple of the Android world.
Not really. The Apple of Android world is Samsung, and they even match Apple’s price points, down to the $749 S10e vs $749 iPhone XR. Samsung also is the Android OEM with the highest profit, and one’s with probably the most 1st party retail stores.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Not really. The Apple of Android world is Samsung, and they even match Apple’s price points, down to the $749 S10e vs $749 iPhone XR. Samsung also is the Android OEM with the highest profit, and one’s with probably the most 1st party retail stores.

I didn’t mean from an economical stand point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.