Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Well the updated PowerMacs have already gotten the boot from the Apple home page. The little featured items are now all Tiger related (and the WWDC one). Looks like a good time for iMacs to grab a spot.

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
admanimal said:
Well the updated PowerMacs have already gotten the boot from the Apple home page. The little featured items are now all Tiger related (and the WWDC one). Looks like a good time for iMacs to grab a spot.
I agree. :D Bring on the new iMac G5!!! :cool:

wi1debeest

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2005
Puget Sound, WA
I'm saving for an engagement ring. Do I DARE spend that $ on a 2GHz/20"/superdrive iMac with 1GHz G5 speed, and a 160GB drive? Will my newly switched girlfriend understand? Almost, but not quite... I-MUST-RESIST! :cool:

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
wi1debeest said:
I'm saving for an engagement ring. Do I DARE spend that $ on a 2GHz/20"/superdrive iMac with 1GHz G5 speed, and a 160GB drive? Will my newly switched girlfriend understand? Almost, but not quite... I-MUST-RESIST! :cool:
Go for the iMac, and then give it to her! :D Double-win for you; huge win for her, too!

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
It's too quiet around here. Right now I'm clinging to the fact that arklab's CompUSA contact said it would be tuesday...

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
wi1debeest said:
By the way, what's the "1GHz G5 speed" about? Are you saying a 2GHz iMac will only be as fast as a 1GHz PM G5? Maybe I'm tired or misread, but explain. ;)

pdcorlis

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2001
5 am pacific coast - why am I up this early sitting here hitting the refresh on the Apple store? I am one sick puppy...

Phil

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
aswitcher said:
So what do we think, another half hour?

Usually around 9 AM EST - so about 35 minutes. Although sometimes its a few minutes early.

If we get new iMacs, I'm going to Chicago tomorrow and getting one at the Apple Store on Michigan Ave. :D

D

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
pdcorlis said:
5 am pacific coast - why am I up this early sitting here hitting the refresh on the Apple store? I am one sick puppy...

Phil
13.29 GMT. I can't concentrate on my work, not for one second, all I can do is refreshing Apple store! I am also sick...

the dr

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2005
London
ARRGGGHHH!!!

I am sitting here - have a heart rate of about 120 and my BP's prob through the roof - can't bear the suspense - have been waiting on a new iMac since December....!

Going to be a step up from my G3 233Mhz Beige box i hope.... :D

arklab

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2005
I KNEW IT!!!

(Sooner or later I had to get something right!) :D

Now get the heck outta my way - I'm getting one.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Mr. Anderson said:
Usually around 9 AM EST - so about 35 minutes. Although sometimes its a few minutes early.

If we get new iMacs, I'm going to Chicago tomorrow and getting one at the Apple Store on Michigan Ave. :D

D

I would call before you go, if it's a long trip for you, because my nearest Apple store did not have them yet and did not know when they were getting them. I called right at 10am when they opened though, so there is a slight chance that they hadn't been told yet that they had been officially released and could speak about them to customers.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
joecool85 said:
Anyone else notice on PBs it says starting at 1599 even though they actually start at 1499?

well, it changed back to 1499....but when the new PBs come out (and I think it will be soon), I would say they will start at 1599. my guess is that the 12" will be something like a 1.67ghz and the 15 - 17 will go up to around 1.8ghz. I think the G4 could be pushed that far.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
ImAlwaysRight said:
The USA Apple Store is DOWN!!!!

Woo-hoo!!!

I feel like I've been waiting for this moment my entire life (even though it is just a few weeks.) :eek:

Your post reminds me of my time in the Air Force. It was working on a Surgical Ward. The surgeons had got their medical training paid for by the Air Force, so they had to repay the time. Great surgeons, but poor bedside manor. They fought Air Force regulations vehemently, to protest they would write their orders in large print taking up a whole page.

I just hope that you don't have clinical depression. That your rant is out of anger and protest.

jackley

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2005
Seattle, WA
joecool85 said:
well, it changed back to 1499....but when the new PBs come out (and I think it will be soon), I would say they will start at 1599. my guess is that the 12" will be something like a 1.67ghz and the 15 - 17 will go up to around 1.8ghz. I think the G4 could be pushed that far.
Hello,
So I know I shouldn't even ask this, but I can't help myself.

Does anyone else have any feeling about new PB's anytime soon?

Just like anyone else who would post this, I'm about to buy a powerbook and am wondering if we are going to see any updates in the next couple of weeks?:)

Thanks.
james

poundsmack

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
define soon? try not within the next 2 months. after that its open game. then new power books will almost undoughtedly be using the 7448 chip. the dual core e600 would be cool but it is unlikly (it will be in the following powerbook revision after the 7448 one). again this is all speculation but I have a tendancy to be right for what its worth ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.