Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
It's something we hope to look into later this year. #staytuned
Sounds like amazing news. I recently grabbed lifetime on Infuse so I want it on as many devices as I can get it and I feel a bit spoiled with my new iMac and the one thing its missing is Infuse!

Reactions: max2

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
It's something we hope to look into later this year. #staytuned

I would also like video controls for color, gamma, saturation, etc. Notably missing for all these years and apparently no plans to add as well. Having gone subscription, can we expect the development pace to pick up and make it happen after all these years or still not?

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.3.1 is now live! Watched indicators on iOS, faster audio sync, improved subtitles, and more.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! ?

ERLCY-3UEAAXweU

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Still waiting for subfolder support.

And for video-processing controls such as gamma, saturation, etc. It's been at least 4 years now since I have known Infuse, and these guys have not provided this feature. I do not know if this is incompetence on part of developers, defiance on part of developers, or something else, at this point. It's been 4 years!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
And for video-processing controls such as gamma, saturation, etc. It's been at least 4 years now since I have known Infuse, and these guys have not provided this feature. I do not know if this is incompetence on part of developers, defiance on part of developers, or something else, at this point. It's been 4 years!
We're continually listening to feedback and suggestions from our users, and we try to select features and improvements that would bring joy to the highest number of people.

To be honest, we haven't seen many users looking for a feature like this, but you might consider posting something in our suggestions area to see if there are others who would appreciate having something like this added.

https://firecore.com/forum/suggestions

Reactions: nicho

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
We're continually listening to feedback and suggestions from our users, and we try to select features and improvements that would bring joy to the highest number of people.

To be honest, we haven't seen many users looking for a feature like this, but you might consider posting something in our suggestions area to see if there are others who would appreciate having something like this added.

https://firecore.com/forum/suggestions

Really? That is surprising! Every software I know, free or monetised, has this feature and I thought people would miss something like this not being there in Infuse. Your software looks beautiful, works flawlessly, hits the ball out of the park in every way imaginable except for this major drawback (for me) that makes using your software downright problematic sometimes when compared to software like VLC that provides gamma controls.

EDIT
A cursory glance at the link you provided suggests that requests for said controls go back to 2014, but unfortunately, not enough to get your attention. Just a few. We are stuck with no gamma/saturation adjustment controls for a long time in future. :rolleyes:

I really hope you are able to add at least gamma control soon.

Last edited:

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Is there anyway to stop Infuse from pausing video when a phone call comes in please or is this by the iPhone iOS design ?

I do not want to use DND.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Is there anyway to stop Infuse from pausing video when a phone call comes in please or is this by the iPhone iOS design ?

I do not want to use DND.
I think this behavior applies to other apps too, right?

Apple doesn't want you to miss a single call. ;)

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

I ended up switching to nPlayer as it provides video controls - brightness, saturation, contrast.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Infuse 6.3.4 is now available and includes an updated TheTVDB integration, improved image cache, and many other under-the-hood improvements.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! ?

EVfYgUIUMAAScHp

Whatever you did, TVDB-wise, please undo it. It's way worse than before. Files on a network share keep forgetting their metadata at random and my library is half-destroyed.

[edit: if useful, im in China]

Last edited:
Reactions: yegon

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Whatever you did, TVDB-wise, please undo it. It's way worse than before. Files on a network share keep forgetting their metadata at random and my library is half-destroyed.

[edit: if useful, im in China]
We've had a few other reports of this, and have submitted a 6.3.5 update to Apple which includes a fix. This should be available soon.

Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for your patience.

Reactions: nicho

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
We've had a few other reports of this, and have submitted a 6.3.5 update to Apple which includes a fix. This should be available soon.

Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for your patience.

I hope nobody reads sarcasm into this, because that's very reassuring.

Last thing I wanted was to hear something like "we've not heard anything about this" and it never be fixed - glad that you're on top of it. The good thing about metadata pulling is that while my library is currently half-destroyed... it should be able to "heal" itself :)

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Last thing I wanted was to hear something like "we've not heard anything about this" and it never be fixed - glad that you're on top of it. The good thing about metadata pulling is that while my library is currently half-destroyed... it should be able to "heal" itself :)

Yep, same experience here.

miranbag

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2020
Hey guys,

Im having difficulties streaming 4k ISO content with Infuse pro 6 on my 4k atv via plex. The iso file is stored on my pc and I subscribed for infuse pro yesterday but it seems it can't find the file. It does recongize all the other MKV files. What am i doing wrong?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hey guys,

Im having difficulties streaming 4k ISO content with Infuse pro 6 on my 4k atv via plex. The iso file is stored on my pc and I subscribed for infuse pro yesterday but it seems it can't find the file. It does recongize all the other MKV files. What am i doing wrong?
Unfortunately, since Plex doesn't support ISO files it won't make these files available to Infuse.

If you connect directly via SMB, NFS, FTP, or WebDAV Infuse will be able to see and play these files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.