Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.3.6 is now available, and includes various playback improvements and other fixes.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! ?

EXLOqiAVAAMCFHR

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.4 is now available and is packed with a host of amazing new things.

Native Emby & Jellyfin
Emby and Jellyfin have arrived! Infuse is now able to integrate seamlessly with these servers, providing an easy way to browse, play, and download videos — all while taking advantage of the advanced playback features offered in Infuse. Of course, things like watched history and playback progress will stay in sync, automatically.

Emby and Jellyfin

Spoiler-free shows
No longer will the plot of a suspenseful series be foiled by a passing glance at an episode overview or thumbnail. In 6.4 descriptions and thumbnails for unwatched episodes can be blurred. If you simply can't avoid the temptation, a quick double-tap on the blurred text will reveal it. Hide Spoilers is an optional feature which can be enabled in Infuse > Settings > General.

Spoiler-free

Improved ratings, air dates, and HDR tags
Star ratings have been revamped, and are now more precise and useful. With this update it's easier than ever to decide between a movie that is just ok, versus one that is totally ninja! We've also squeezed in TV episode air dates and HDR/DV tags, which are handy to have while browsing through your library.

New ratings

Plus some other things
We've also packed in a slew full of other improvements and fixes to ensure everything continue working smoothly. A complete list of what's new can be found here.

Thanks!
We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our shiny new community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

DenalB

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2019
Berlin, Germany
@firecore
Actually I'm using Kodi on my Amazon Fire TV (Gen 2) to play videos from my NAS. Is it possible to do this with the help of Infuse? May be with the help of an Airplay App?

Furthermore I'm using categories in Kodi. Movies and series for my kids are separated from movies and series from me. So that the kids only see series like "Fireman Sam" and not e.g. "The Walking Dead".

1596536472953.png 1596536503632.png

I tried to import series for me and the kids (separated folders) from my NAS and now they are all in one place.

1596536849788.png

Is it possible in Infuse 6 to separate things in categories or something like that?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse is currently available for iOS and Apple TV, though it supports both AirPlay and Google Cast for streaming to other devices.

With regard to categories, you can look add adding Favorites on iOS. These will appear on either the home screen or the Files tab, and will allow you to browse items by folder, rating, genre, etc...

A bit more info on adding and managing Favorites can be found here.

Reactions: DenalB

DenalB

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2019
Berlin, Germany
A bit more info on adding and managing Favorites can be found here.
I already read this article. When starting Infuse for the first time I created favorites - 1 favorite for the kids and 1 favorite for me.

These will appear on either the home screen or the Files tab
I only see my favorites on the files tab. But there are no covers available. It looks like a real file section.
How can I get my favorites to the home screen, so that my kids can select their favorite to get an overview of all movies and series? I'm not able to find a way to do this...

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I only see my favorites on the files tab. But there are no covers available. It looks like a real file section.
How can I get my favorites to the home screen, so that my kids can select their favorite to get an overview of all movies and series? I'm not able to find a way to do this...
You won't see folder favorites on the home screen (these will only appear under the Files tab) but you can add library favorites which will appear on the home (library) screen.

Also, you can add your own artwork to folder favorites by placing an image named 'favorite.jpg' inside the folder which has been added as a favorite.

DenalB

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2019
Berlin, Germany
but you can add library favorites which will appear on the home (library) screen
I will try to create library favorites. ?
But all movies or series that are in such a library favorite are directly shown on the home screen, right? So my kids would see "The Walking Dead" or any other series or movie from me right on the home screen?? :confused:

Also, you can add your own artwork to folder favorites by placing an image named 'favorite.jpg' inside the folder which has been added as a favorite.
Good to know! :)

Thanks for helping @firecore !

Reactions: max2 and firecore

DenalB

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2019
Berlin, Germany
@firecore
I added a question into my post. Did you read it?
But all movies or series that are in such a library favorite are directly shown on the home screen, right? So my kids would see "The Walking Dead" or any other series or movie from me right on the home screen?? :confused:
Is there any way to only see the folders which I selected as favorites on home screen so that I can choose which favorite I want to have the movies series shown as library? I was not able to find such a setting. :(

I found this thread in your community from 2014:
Is it still planned? :(

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Is there any way to only see the folders which I selected as favorites on home screen so that I can choose which favorite I want to have the movies series shown as library? I was not able to find such a setting. :(
The best option for this right now might be to disable the Library, and just use folder favorites. To do this, simply de-select all Favorites from the Settings > Library menu.

Also, you can require a PIN code to access certain folders or favorites. To enable this, follow these steps.

1. Enable Parental Controls in Settings and set a PIN
  2. Navigate inside the folder/favorite you want to protect via the Files tab
  3. Tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner an select 'Enable Passcode Lock'
  4. Repeat step 2 & 3 for any other folders you wish to protect

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
The best option for this right now might be to disable the Library, and just use folder favorites. To do this, simply de-select all Favorites from the Settings > Library menu.

On a related note, I wish "Unwatched" was a separate category for each of movies and tv shows...

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.5 is available today, and includes some great new things!

Cloud, clouds, clouds
Now there are even more ways to stream with the addition of pCloud and Yandex.Disk. This increases Infuse's total number of streaming source options (local, cloud, and media server) to 17, and we're working to add even more for releases coming in the near future.

Clouds

Ready for iOS 14
Infuse is tuned up and ready for Apple's latest release. We're also working to take advantage of some of the great new things found in iOS 14 for upcoming releases. Stay tuned!

iOS 14

macOS...in progress
We are happy to announce work has begun on Infuse for macOS! ?

We're working to bring many of the same great features and capabilities found on iOS and Apple TV to the Mac. There is still quite a bit of work ahead, but we're planning to have a public alpha available later this year.

We'll be sharing more info and dates as development progresses, and you can sign up here to be among the first to hear about it.

Infuse for macOS

Continuous improvement
We're continually working to add minor features, improvements, and fixes. These are released in smaller updates every few weeks, and you can catch up on what's been added in recent updates here.

Thanks!
We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have metadata fetching turned off yet the app insists on fetching metadata. Am I missing something as to how to prevent this?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I have metadata fetching turned off yet the app insists on fetching metadata. Am I missing something as to how to prevent this?
With Metadata Fetching disabled, Infuse will gather the metadata which is embedded inside the files themselves.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
With Metadata Fetching disabled, Infuse will gather the metadata which is embedded inside the files themselves.
The app is definitely pulling metadata from somewhere other than the files involved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.