Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
yeah, I'll admit, I was just considering grabbing the life time license for existing owners to find it got yanked, as I'd procrastinated so long, as I do find it hard to justify that high a price for video player..

So end result, I haven't used it in about two years. ( I really do not want to subscribe to an app, so I was only really considering lifetime or whole version number pro version, but I'd been holding off for the v7 update to maybe ge that, to find it discontinued )

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
New UI looks great and macOS version is also appreciated.

However, no more perpetual version license and lifetime subscription is even more expensive now at $74.99 (equivalent to 7.5 years).

yeah, I'll admit, I was just considering grabbing the life time license for existing owners to find it got yanked, as I'd procrastinated so long, as I do find it hard to justify that high a price for video player..

So end result, I haven't used it in about two years. ( I really do not want to subscribe to an app, so I was only really considering lifetime or whole version number pro version, but I'd been holding off for the v7 update to maybe ge that, to find it discontinued )
Sorry for the confusion.

Having multiple apps in the App Store has led to quite a bit of confusion over the years. E.G. People not sure if they need one or both, or if they have different features. Very few apps are released in this way, and the main reason we continued with this was that Apple did not support native Family Sharing of In-App Purchases and subscriptions.

Earlier this year Apple (finally) added native Family Sharing in iOS 14.2, so with Infuse 7 we decided to turn a corner and simplify things to a single app.

Infuse is under continual development, and is now available on 3 platforms (iOS, Apple TV, Mac). Additionally a single purchase/subscription can be used across all your device and be shared with family members.

Also, if you purchased some version of Infuse in the past you can get a free year of Pro by following the steps found here.

Reactions: nutmac

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Also, if you purchased some version of Infuse in the past you can get a free year of Pro by following the steps found here.

Thanks. As Infuse Pro 6 perpetual subscriber, that certainly improves the pot.

I think I understand the motivation for not offering perpetual major version license. Had I purchased Infuse Pro 6 license few months ago, I would be getting far less value than those that purchased it the day Infuse 6.0 was released. And compared to Plex Pass, $74.99/lifetime is still a great value.

Reactions: firecore

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.0.1 with a handful of improvements and fixes is now rolling out on the App Store.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! 😊

E1HTfxJUcAAO8sG

Kiwi in Kyushu

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2021
Japan
Today we are excited to announce the release of Infuse 7 for iOS, Apple TV...and macOS!

Upgrade for free!

Infuse 7 is a free automatic update for all Infuse Pro subscribers (monthly, yearly, lifetime) and is waiting for you in the App Store. Seriously...go grab it! 🙂

The all-new macOS app is available as a free download on the Mac App Store, and active Pro subscriptions can be restored and shared with family members without any additional costs. 🙌

Those running older standalone versions (Infuse 4, Infuse Pro 5, or Infuse Pro 6) can get a free year of Infuse Pro when starting a new yearly subscription in Infuse 7.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for using Infuse! 🙂

Hi, I’m having trouble getting the free yearly upgrade. Coming from Infuse Pro 6. I’ve emailed Firecore support (the ticket number is #135555)

Thinking it might be because before I bought Infuse Pro 6, I tried the free pro subscription on Infuse 6 before it became Infuse 7.

Posting here in case anyone else has issues switching over and the fix is a simple one :)

Update:
Got an email from Alexis. Looks like the problem was I had activated the Trial at some point in the past (before Infuse 6 became Infuse 7) and Apple only lets you have a once off free trial.

Alexis was kind enough to send me a code for a free year as a courtesy 😀. So yeah, very impressed with the app and service.

Last edited:
Reactions: max2

lightfire

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2017
Infuse 7.0.5 is now available! 🙌

Advanced upscaling and major playback improvements on macOS, new playlists screen layout, support for new NFO tags, fixes for our brave friends on tvOS 15, and more.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! 🙂

E38W52aUUAMfjP7
For some reason, I cant find pricing for the different pricing options on your website. Please Post the link to pricing options.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
For some reason, I cant find pricing for the different pricing options on your website. Please Post the link to pricing options.
Pricing will vary a bit between countries, but it can be found by viewing the app details page in the App Store.

A single license will work on all your devices (iOS, Apple TV, Mac) and can be shared with Family Sharing.

Here's the current pricing in the US.
Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.17.03 AM.png

lightfire

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2017
Pricing will vary a bit between countries, but it can be found by viewing the app details page in the App Store.

A single license will work on all your devices (iOS, Apple TV, Mac) and can be shared with Family Sharing.

Here's the current pricing in the US.
View attachment 1794515
Thank you.

Reactions: max2

lightfire

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2017
Anyone have any idea how to get infuse to read LOCAL stored music albums/files on IPad Pro? Is it not possible? I cant with infuse, nor files app nor FileBrowser app.

O.N.Y.X

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
Vienna
Silly question: are there any file formats this thing can play without having to pay a subscription fee? I just want to test drive the app but so far it only wants me to subscribe.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Silly question: are there any file formats this thing can play without having to pay a subscription fee? I just want to test drive the app but so far it only wants me to subscribe.
Some video formats will require Pro, but you can get a 1 month trial by selecting the yearly option.

Also, most of the samples found at https://4kmedia.org can be played in the free version.

Reactions: O.N.Y.X

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Today we are extremely proud to announce the release of Infuse 7.1, with some great new things.

Metadata powered by TMDb​

Infuse now uses TMDb metadata for both movies and TV shows! TMDb is the leading community-driven metadata database featuring 675K+ movies, 115K+ TV shows, and 2M+ images — all ready and available to beautify your library! TMDb also has an army of passionate contributors who collectively work to make over 300K edits every single week for both new and existing content.

Infuse has relied on TMDb for movies since its inception, and moving to TMDb for TV shows allows Infuse to display higher-quality images, support additional languages, and provide enhanced fetching speed and accuracy. After installing 7.1, existing TV shows in you library will be updated with the new info from TMDb...automatically.

infuse71-tmdb_2x.jpg

Fresh new faces​

There are few things more important when it comes to movies and TV shows than the cast and crew, and now pictures of these talented folks are displayed front and center when viewing video details. Also, character names are now listed below which may make settling late-night trivia challenges a bit easier.

infuse71-cast_2x.jpg

Cast and crew search​

In addition to viewing headshots while browsing, you can view other works by a specific actor, director, writer, etc... by simply tapping on their profile image found on the details page. Infuse's standard search can also be used to search for specific people and display all the movies and TV shows in which they have starred in.

infuse71-search_2x.jpg

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! 🙂

ManuUK

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2021
Hi,

I’m building a new Plex server and looking for the best platform/client.
Currently I’m debating on selling my ATV 4K’s and replacing them with Nvidia Shield Pro’s, but I’ve been told that Infuse could be a better solution as the ATV Plex client has only limited support for HD formats (Vision/Atmos).

Does Infuse Pro support:
Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos - HD tracks, not limited to EAC-3
DTS-HD
Dolby-HD

Also, how’s the upscaling compared to the Shield? For example, up scaling 720P/1080P to 4K?

Thanks

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hi,

I’m building a new Plex server and looking for the best platform/client.
Currently I’m debating on selling my ATV 4K’s and replacing them with Nvidia Shield Pro’s, but I’ve been told that Infuse could be a better solution as the ATV Plex client has only limited support for HD formats (Vision/Atmos).

Does Infuse Pro support:
Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos - HD tracks, not limited to EAC-3
DTS-HD
Dolby-HD

Also, how’s the upscaling compared to the Shield? For example, up scaling 720P/1080P to 4K?

Thanks
Infuse is able to support nearly all formats, and the output is simply limited by what the Apple TV currently allows for.
  1. Dolby Vision - Yes, Profile 5 only. Other profiles are dual-layer (HDR10+DV), and Infuse will be able to output the HDR10 portion.
  2. Dolby Atmos - Yes, E-AC3 only. For formats like Dolby TrueHD + Atmos, Infuse would be able to output the TrueHD portion without Atmos. More info at https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/217735707
  3. DTS-HD & Dolby TrueHD - Yes, see detailed info in link above.
Regarding upscaling, someone did a detailed comparison between a number of different platforms and you can see the results at: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/upscaling-test-of-media-players.3206063/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.