Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.3.8 now available! ?

Set playback settings (audio, subtitles, aspect ratio) for complete TV seasons, playback improvements, improved sync, and a handful of fixes.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! ?

FPgsn0lVQAkJ2oy

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.4 has arrived and includes a host of great improvements.

One of the key focus areas for this release is organization and browsing functionality in the Library. This includes a number of great quality-of-life improvements that make using Infuse easier and more enjoyable. Read on for more info on what's new.

Customizable collections​

Infuse has long included automatic grouping of sequels into 'Collections' based on info provided by TMDB. Now, in addition to using the automatic grouping, you can create your own collections for even more flexibility. This allows you to group a set of similar movies or TV shows (or a combination of the two). For example, you could create a custom collection to group Marvel Universe titles (Iron Man, Avengers, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., etc...), create one for Looney Tunes shorts, or group your latest spring break videos. It's your world, so the possibilities are endless!

infuse74-collections_2x.jpg

Smarter browsing for TV shows​

TV show browsing is now much improved and seasons are now intuitively grouped together on a single series page. Entering a series page will automatically queue up the next episode to watch, and you can then navigate to other seasons and episodes as you wish.

infuse74-seasons_2x.jpg

Logos for movies and shows​

The details page gets a minor facelift with the addition of movie and TV show logos from TMDB. These will appear on the details page while browsing, to provide a more engaging design for each title's page.

infuse74-logos_2x.jpg

Multi-select for bulk tasks​

Managing files is now easier with the addition of multi-select for many common tasks, including adding files to a playlist or collection, downloads (iOS/macOS), and deletions.

infuse74-select_2x.jpg

Skip to next episode​

Don't let pesky credits get in the way of your multi-season binge. When you get near the end of an episode, a subtle Next Episode button will appear alongside the playback controls. Hitting this will mark the currently playing item as fully watched and whoosh you straight to the next episode.

infuse74-next_2x.jpg

Expanded TV show lists​

The list of recently added shows gets a big limit increase. This list will now display the latest 30 series, which could include hundreds or even thousands of individual episodes.

infuse74-recently-added_2x.jpg

Ready for Jellyfin 10.8​

We've tuned things up to work with Jellyfin's hot new 10.8 release. After installing the new Jellyfin update be sure to grab the latest version of InfuseSync (currently 1.4.2) on your Jellyfin server for the best overall experience.

infuse74-jellyfin_2x.png

Other minor improvements and fixes​

Many other small improvements and fixes are part of this release, so be sure to check out the full list of what's new.

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter, or drop us a note anytime.

Enjoy! 🙂

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Another great update two of my showstopper issues remain.
  • Infuse is still not properly detecting HDR10 flag on some contents, especially those encoded with Handbrake. These contents are rendered as SDR with washed out color and contrast. They are properly rendered by Apple's players.
  • Metadata detection is still not accurate enough for me, which isn't really Infuse's fault. I would like to use the embedded metadata, but they always go to Others category (instead of Movies or TV).

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
  • Infuse is still not properly detecting HDR10 flag on some contents, especially those encoded with Handbrake. These contents are rendered as SDR with washed out color and contrast. They are properly rendered by Apple's players.
If you're able to upload a sample video you are seeing issues with, we'd love to take a look.

Files up to 50GB can be submitted at https://upload.firecore.com
  • Metadata detection is still not accurate enough for me, which isn't really Infuse's fault. I would like to use the embedded metadata, but they always go to Others category (instead of Movies or TV).
Embedded metadata can be used to override info displayed in Infuse, but in order to use Infuse's library organization you will need to keep 'Metadata Fetching' enabled and use one of the recommended naming styles found in this guide.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Can you fix PiP please with large streaming video files ?

I tested a 20 GB to 68 GB movie file and both crash when using PiP after a few seconds.

Then tested a 3 GB movie file and it did not crash at all when using PiP.

Biggest advantage of Infuse Pro is PiP but I won't get lifetime version or any verison if it can't do PiP without crashing.

This happens even on my new iPhone 14 Pro Max.

I thought maybe it was my iPhone 11.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Can you fix PiP please with large streaming video files ?

I tested a 20 GB to 68 GB movie file and both crash when using PiP after a few seconds.

Then tested a 3 GB movie file and it did not crash at all when using PiP.

Biggest advantage of Infuse Pro is PiP but I won't get lifetime version or any verison if it can't do PiP without crashing.

This happens even on my new iPhone 14 Pro Max.

I thought maybe it was my iPhone 11.
If this happens again, can you send in a report from your device so this can be looked into?

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
If this happens again, can you send in a report from your device so this can be looked into?

Will do if/when it happens again. Right now on a cruise ship. May try some of my local content to see if it does it on that too. That or stream from my house to the cruise ship.

Also why do some files not allow PiP ?

Last edited:

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Sorry for the newbie question…

Should I be able to watch content purchased though iTunes in Infuse?
I can pull up the files and see really nice plot summaries and graphics for shows but I get an error when trying to play. I assume this is because they’re protected files?

Can I connect Infuse to my library of content in iTunes directly?

Again, sorry for the basic questions. I did searches but couldn’t find an answer.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Sorry for the newbie question…

Should I be able to watch content purchased though iTunes in Infuse?
I can pull up the files and see really nice plot summaries and graphics for shows but I get an error when trying to play. I assume this is because they’re protected files?

Can I connect Infuse to my library of content in iTunes directly?

Again, sorry for the basic questions. I did searches but couldn’t find an answer.
Unfortunately not. Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to play content purchased through iTunes, so you would need to use one of Apple's apps in order to view these videos. Sorry. :(

Reactions: fatTribble

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Unfortunately not. Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to play content purchased through iTunes, so you would need to use one of Apple's apps in order to view these videos. Sorry. :(
Thank you very much. It makes sense I guess. I just saw all of the screenshots from posts and I couldn’t imagine where the content is coming from. Are there reputable sites to buy content that you can save and view in Infuse?

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Thank you very much. It makes sense I guess. I just saw all of the screenshots from posts and I couldn’t imagine where the content is coming from. Are there reputable sites to buy content that you can save and view in Infuse?

Rips of our own Blu Rays and DVDs.

Reactions: fatTribble

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.4.10 now available! 💪

Includes new HDR10+ tag on details page, ability to add root folder (all files) to favorites, speed improvements for SMB streaming, and other minor fixes.

Fk6t5f6aMAA_joU

Reactions: max2

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
The latest 7.5 version of Infuse is here and it’s better than ever!

This release includes some of the top-requested features we’ve received from all of our amazing users, and we think you are going to love what we’ve been working on for you.

Play trailers for movies and shows​

Video trailers have arrived! You can now access a massive catalog of 250,000+ movie and TV show trailers and stream them with a simple tap directly within the app. Trailers are a great way to preview videos in your library for yourself or friends and family, allowing everyone to get a quick overview of the movie to see if it’s the right vibe. Trailers are available to all current Pro subscribers at no additional cost. 🙌

Pro tip: Access additional trailers and content by long-pressing the Trailer button.

infuse75-trailers_2x.jpg

Organize movies into Smart Groups​

The new Smart Groups feature is a great way to group different versions of the same title together in your Library. This could be things like different resolutions (1080p, 4K etc...), different releases (Director’s Cut, Theatrical Cut, etc...), videos spread across multiple files/discs (Part 1, Part 2, etc...), duplicates of the same file you have stored in different locations, or any combination of these you happen to have. When multiple versions are present, Infuse will automatically add tags for each — and you can add your own custom tags, if you wish.

Pro tip: Fine-tune the auto-selected version by adjusting the ‘Select Version’ option found in the ‘Settings > Collections & Groups’ menu.

infuse75-groups_2x.jpg

Even more Dolby Vision​

Dolby Vision comes in many different flavors, and today we’re adding expanded support for Dolby Vision Profile 8. Profile 8 is a unique format, as it includes both a Dolby Vision layer and an HDR layer. It has been used by Apple for many of their screensaver videos, and now more of these videos can be played natively in Infuse in full Dolby Vision. By default, the best video playback option will automatically be selected based on the video file and the device you are using, and you can change how this works by adjusting the Extended Dolby Vision option found in Infuse > Settings > Playback.

Note: Since Profile 8 has a number of different sub-variants with a wide variety of characteristics, a portion of Profile 8 videos will gracefully fall back to playing in HDR10 — which will still look great. 🙂

infuse75-dolby_2x.jpg

Playback core improvements​

Our primary goal with Infuse has always been to deliver excellent picture and sound when you press play — with every single video. In this update, we’ve revamped a hefty chunk of the playback internals, and modernized a number of areas to allow us to continue providing unparalleled playback performance and accuracy across all Apple platforms. These changes also include improved error correction for files which may be a little bit wonky (due to encoding and/or mastering issues) allowing these to now play beautifully — just like you’d expect.

infuse75-player_2x.jpg

Many other improvements and fixes​

Many other improvements and fixes are part of this release, so be sure to check out the full list of what’s new.

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to continue the conversation here or in our Community Forum.

Thanks for using Infuse! 🧡

Last edited:
Reactions: eilavid
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.