Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.1.1 with a handful of improvements and fixes is now rolling out on the App Store.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! ?

E9fK-wOVUAEX2gT

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I just started using Infuse Pro. It's really easy to use and looks great.

Question: is there a way to see the video bit rate as the movie is playing?
The bitrate is not displayed in Infuse at this time.

However, videos will always play videos in their full original quality, so the effective bitrate will be unchanged from the original video.

• Love
Reactions: max2 and Audit13

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Thank god I am not forced to use Infuse Pro now. Somehow iOS 15 brought back uPnP connection to my wireless hard drive.

No offense but I prefer the simple interface of nPlayer Plus but if Infuse Pro ever got this simple interface I would consider moving to Infuse Pro.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Today we are excited to announce the release of Infuse 7.2, with a fantastic new addition: Spatial audio.

Spatial audio has arrived!​

Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking brings theater-like sound that surrounds you from the movie or video you're watching, so that it seems as if the sound is coming from all around you. The sound field stays mapped to the device, and the voice stays with the actor or action on screen. Now, in iOS 15, Infuse is able to utilize spatial audio while playing videos when using AirPods Pro or AirPods Max headphones. Learn more about spatial audio

infuse72-spatial_2x.jpg

New quick settings and playback controls​

On iOS, there is a new playback overlay which provides quick access to to switch between audio tracks and subtitles. There are also new gesture controls for skipping forward and back. Want to quickly skip ahead 10s? Simply double-tap the right side of the screen. Want 20s? Then triple-tap. Want to go further? Just add an extra tap for each 10s.

Ready for iOS 15​

Infuse is tuned up and ready for Apple's latest release. We're also working to take advantage of more great new things found in Apple's latest releases. Stay tuned!

infuse72-ios15_2x.jpg

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to drop a reply below, post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter, or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

Reactions: DenalB

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Is spatial audio only for Infuse Pro? I just tried it and it came up with the purchase screen

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Is spatial audio only for Infuse Pro? I just tried it and it came up with the purchase screen
Spatial audio itself isn't a Pro feature, but certain video types will require Pro.

If you want to test without upgrading (or starting a trial) you can try samples 21-24 in this list, which should play in the free version.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Spatial audio itself isn't a Pro feature, but certain video types will require Pro.

If you want to test without upgrading (or starting a trial) you can try samples 21-24 in this list, which should play in the free version.

Yes sorry that’s what I meant!
Thanks for the link I’ll give those a try

MSKenyon

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2017
Earth
Just downloaded on Mac, Apple TV and iPad. Absolutely amazing. However...

is their a way to edit the metadata? I have a few older videos that aren't being cataloged correctly. Thoughts? Ideas? I'm sure it's an issue on my end.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
As 2021 winds down, we are happy to release Infuse 7.3 with many great additions.

Spatial audio and AirPlay for Mac​

Infuse for Mac gets a huge injection of functionality with the addition of Spatial audio and AirPlay 2 support. Now Mac users can join in and enjoy the best possible sound when listening through other devices like AirPods, HomePods, or Apple TV. Like iOS and Apple TV, spatial audio with dynamic head tracking brings theater-like sound that surrounds you from the movie or video you're watching, so that it seems as if the sound is coming from all around you. The sound field stays mapped to the device, and the voice stays with the actor or action on screen. Learn more about spatial audio

infuse73-airplay_2x.jpg

More Dolby Vision & HDR​

Dolby Vision and HDR come in many flavors, and in this update we've worked hard to support more variants on more devices. This includes adding Dolby Vision (Profile 5) support on Mac, support for Dolby Vision when using Picture-in-Picture (PiP), plus improved handling for a few files that weren't working quite right before. Our goal is that when you push PLAY in Infuse you get a beautiful picture on whatever device you happen to be using.

infuse73-dolby_2x.jpg

Faster Emby/Jellyfin sync​

The Emby and Jellyfin integrations in 7.3 get a huge speed boost! This includes faster scanning and syncing, as well as more reliable updates for things like Playlists, watched statuses, and ratings. This is especially noticeable for those with larger libraries, but should still be helpful for libraries which are more down-to-earth as well. Don't forget to install the new version of the InfuseSync plugin on your Emby/Jellyfin server in order to take advantage of all the new changes.

infuse64-emby-jellyfin_2x.png

Under-the-hood fixes and improvements​

A huge part of this update is focused on internal changes. These aren't always sexy or fun, but they are what makes the Infuse experience what it is. Other changes here include playback improvements, faster browsing, improved handling of some audio formats, enhancements for macOS 12, and many other fixes and improvements to keep everything running smoothly. Check out the full list of what's new if you are curious.

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. ??

Reactions: Audit13

SirAnthonyHopkins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2020
How does picks of the day work? Is it just a random selection or is it relevant to the day and date, i.e. will it pull up Christmas movies around Christmas, er.. Valentine's movies on Valentine's?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
How does picks of the day work? Is it just a random selection or is it relevant to the day and date, i.e. will it pull up Christmas movies around Christmas, er.. Valentine's movies on Valentine's?
It's based on a few different factors, but it doesn't take into account holidays (yet).

This will likely see some refinement in the coming weeks/months.

Reactions: SirAnthonyHopkins

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I doubt you will see this but does Infuse Pro transcode video yet I think it is called from Plex, Emby, or Jellyfin ?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.3.7 now available! ?

New ultra-optimized streaming cache, improvements for Google Drive, playback fixes, and more!

The new caching method is more resilient to slowdowns on Apple devices (somewhat rare, but they happen), networks which have speeds that fluctuate, cloud services (like Google Drive), plus improvements for folder based-videos. A little something for everyone.

It’s enabled by default, but you’ll want to ensure the ‘Streaming Cache’ option in Infuse > Settings > Playback is set to ‘Auto’.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! ?

FOYxTNuUYAE8uK0

Last edited:

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Can you explain more what "Ultra-optimized streaming cache" helps with and does please?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Can you explain more what "Ultra-optimized streaming cache" helps with and does please?
It’s a new caching method that is more resilient to slowdowns on Apple devices (somewhat rare, but they happen), networks which have speeds that fluctuate, cloud services (like Google Drive), plus improvements for folder based-videos.

A little something for everyone. ?

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
It’s a new caching method that is more resilient to slowdowns on Apple devices (somewhat rare, but they happen), networks which have speeds that fluctuate, cloud services (like Google Drive), plus improvements for folder based-videos.

A little something for everyone. ?

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.