Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
The latest version of Infuse is here with some great new additions!

Stream from Aliyun Drive(阿里云盘)​

Direct support for Aliyun Drive is now available in Infuse! Aliyun Drive is a popular cloud service available in China, and allows for accessing movies, TV shows, and other videos via a fast, native connection directly on your favorite devices. This new feature is available to all Pro users, and includes support for files stored in both private(备份盘)and shared(资源库)cloud disk folders.

Note: Streaming from Aliyun Drive is available on all platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac), but connections to cloud services need to be set up on iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Once this is done on a single device, the connection will then sync to other devices via iCloud.

infuse76-aliyun_2x.jpg

Other tuneups and fixes, with more to come​

A handful of other improvements are included so be sure to check out the full list of what’s new.

We’re also working on some great new things for iOS/tvOS 17 (and beyond!) so keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to continue the conversation in our community forum.

Thanks for using Infuse! 🧡

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.6.2 is now available! 👌

Featuring optimizations for iOS/tvOS 17 and macOS 14, new APIs for 3rd party apps, expanded NFO tag support, and more!

Happy Halloween! 🎃 👻

F9xdyqSXwAA8B-R

Reactions: Rigby

tevion

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2009
Please.. Please…. Add ability to filter and sort movies like Plex has on movies page, it’s a huge miss for me.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.6.4 now available! 👏

New Cloud Backup option on Apple TV, VoiceOver improvements, and other fixes.

Details on the new Cloud Backup feature can be found here.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Details on the new Cloud Backup feature can be found here.

Can you explain how this interacts with iCloud Sync? From the description of the encryption keys, it sounds like each Apple TV will have its own backup if you have more than one, while iCloud Sync is supposed to synchronize library data between them. What does Cloud Backup save that iCloud Sync doesn't?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Can you explain how this interacts with iCloud Sync? From the description of the encryption keys, it sounds like each Apple TV will have its own backup if you have more than one, while iCloud Sync is supposed to synchronize library data between them. What does Cloud Backup save that iCloud Sync doesn't?
They are designed to work together, but are quite a bit different by nature.

iCloud Sync allows for syncing incremental updates between devices. EG You watch a movie on iPad, and that watched status shows up on Apple TV. Infuse can also pull down data from iCloud when setting up a new device, which is helpful so you’re not having to type in usernames and passwords all over.

On the other hand, the new Cloud Backup feature can sort of be viewed as an extension of the local storage, as it serves to keep a snapshot of your library available at all times. Since the Apple TV is designed as a streaming device, the local storage an app currently uses is never guaranteed to be there the next time the app is opened. This is where the Cloud Backup feature comes in handy, as it can quickly restore a copy of your library to the Apple TV quite a bit faster than it would be to pull down a string of records from iCloud - especially if you have a larger library.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Will there by any Christmas deals for any of the pricing ?

From monthly, yearly or even lifetime price ?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.6.7 now available! 🙌

Set custom forward/back seek times, support for movie ID tags in NFO files, improved Trakt sync, and more!

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Wow not that it matters but you all increased lifetime from $79.99 or $89.99 to $99.99 ! :eek:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.7 has landed and includes our all-new Direct Mode feature for Emby, Jellyfin, and Plex.

Direct Mode for Emby, Jellyfin, and Plex​

Direct Mode is a new connection option in Infuse which provides a more seamless experience when using popular media servers. This allows Infuse to display native lists and collections, retrieve newly added titles in seconds, access up-to-date search results, and load even the largest library categories with blazing fast speed.
infuse77-direct_2x.png

Native lists and collections​

With Direct Mode you'll see a familiar face when connecting to Emby, Jellyfin, and Plex. The home screen can now pull in native lists from the server, matching the lists and collections pinned there, allowing for easy access to the items you want to see the most. If multiple sources are connected you can mix-and-match and reorder things just the way you want them—Plex lists next to Jellyfin lists above Emby lists alongside Infuse lists. All of the lists! 🤩

infuse77-home_2x.jpg

Blazing fast library browsing​

No more delays while waiting for a the local library to update. Browsing in is now handled entirely on-demand, providing near-instant access to even the largest libraries and categories. Note: Support for browsing some categories such as collections and actor credits will be added soon.

infuse77-browse_2x.jpg

Direct search with instant updates​

Rounding out the Direct Mode feature set is a powerful direct search option. Searches are now sent to the server itself and provides fast results which are always up-to-date—even for the most recently added titles. The search scope can also be easily adjusted to switch between different servers to pin down exactly what you are looking for in the blink of an eye.

infuse77-search_2x.jpg

Direct Mode vs Library Mode​

When connecting to a media server like Emby, Jellyfin, or Plex Infuse will always display metadata from the server instead of fetching its own from TMDB. The difference with Direct Mode is this info does not need to be pre-cached and stored in a local library on the device. Everything is fetched on an as-needed basis, on-the-fly. Not only can this help with a quicker set up process so you can start watching your favorite content sooner, it can also help provide faster updates when content is added or removed—especially for those with larger media collections.

With that said, each option has its own strengths and limitations so which mode to choose can vary depending on the situation.

Direct Mode​

• Faster updates from server
  • Smaller storage footprint on device
  • Limited offline browsing
  • Ideal for larger libraries

Library Mode​

• Combines multiple sources into a single library
  • Utilize Infuse library categories and filters
  • More robust offline browsing
  • Ideal for small or medium libraries

Feel free to mix and match with some shares set to use Direct Mode while others use Library Mode—the choice is entirely yours!

How to enable Direct Mode​

Direct Mode comes enabled by default when setting up a new media server connection in Infuse 7.7. To enable Direct Mode for an existing share simply navigate to the Edit screen for the saved Emby/Jellyfin/Plex share and disable the Library Mode option found under the Advanced tab.

infuse77-setting_2x.jpg

Plex skip intros, credits, and commercials​

Last but not least, another great feature baked into 7.7 is the ability to utilize timestamp info provided by Plex to skip intros, credits, and commercials. When available, a button will appear during playback allowing you to skip all the boring bits and binge episodes faster than ever before! Note: A Plex Pass is required in order to use skip features.

infuse77-skip_2x.jpg

Other tuneups and fixes, with more to come​

A handful of other improvements are included so be sure to check out the full list of what’s new.

We’re also working on some other great things, including additional features for Direct Mode, expanded support for Dolby Vision, an awesome version of Infuse for Apple Vision Pro, and many other great additions—so be sure to keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions—so please feel free to continue the conversation here or in our community forum.

Thanks for using Infuse! 🧡

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Bear with me but I am thinking of getting the lifetime sub so I can stream to my iPad Air 4 at night watching movies from my SSDs off my Mini Pro - I would be using my Bathys Focals over USB C to my iPad - Will I get lossless audio from Infuse ? Ta

Reactions: max2

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Bear with me but I am thinking of getting the lifetime sub so I can stream to my iPad Air 4 at night watching movies from my SSDs off my Mini Pro - I would be using my Bathys Focals over USB C to my iPad - Will I get lossless audio from Infuse ? Ta
Unfortunately, Apple devices do not allow for passthrough of lossless audio at this time.

This will be limited to 2ch stereo or 5.1 lossy audio when connecting an iOS device via USB/HDMI. Sorry.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.