Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Good update. It's great that we now have a good solution to manage different versions of a movie!

Two comments:

- When you scroll all the way to the bottom on a TV episode page, the very last line shows the full filename of the episode. This no longer seems to work with movies though (it only shows the movie title now). This feature is sometimes useful e.g. to identify mis-tagged items.

- When will we get a way to change the sort order of movies and TV shows directly in the library section? Going back and forth between the library and settings is really annoying. Honestly I can't believe that this is still not possible.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
- When you scroll all the way to the bottom on a TV episode page, the very last line shows the full filename of the episode. This no longer seems to work with movies though (it only shows the movie title now). This feature is sometimes useful e.g. to identify mis-tagged items.
This should still work for movies. What type of files are these? If they are folder-based movies (BDMV, VIDEO_TS, etc...) then you may see the folder name instead of the actual stream file name.
- When will we get a way to change the sort order of movies and TV shows directly in the library section? Going back and forth between the library and settings is really annoying. Honestly I can't believe that this is still not possible.
You can follow this thread for updates.

Reactions: Rigby and max2

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.1 now available! 🙌

Improvements for trailers, fixes for Plex cast/crew search, improved MEGA streaming, and a handful of other small things.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! 🙂

FsOz-7DaYAA294h

Reactions: max2

3upgoodpre

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2023
hi there dear developer! i downloaded an Dolby Vision Movie 《Avatar.The.Way.of.Water.2022.2160p.MA.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.DV.MP4.x265-DVSUX》.

i can play it in nplayer, and screen maximum brightness definitely been triggered cos i can see the button adapated, but there is only one problem, the color, it seems nplayer not support dolby vision movie (whether dvh1 or dvhe ).

so i try to playback them in infuse pro, the playback is all good,the color is right but only one problem!
it seems the miniled didn't in HDR mode and can't trigger the maximum brightness of iPad pro

is infuse pro still not support ipad pro miniled screen? is there a way to trigger the maximum brightness of it ?
my device is ipad pro 2022 12.9 M2 and with miniled

Last edited:

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
This should still work for movies. What type of files are these? If they are folder-based movies (BDMV, VIDEO_TS, etc...) then you may see the folder name instead of the actual stream file name.
Sorry for the late reply. This happens regardless of the file type (I've seen it with both MP4 and MKV container files). I use a folder per movie, but with a proper filename, e.g. something like:

Movie (2023)/Movie (2023).mp4

Infuse then shows "Movie (2023)" at the bottom of the movie page. It even does that if the file is named e.g. "Movie (2023) (Special Edition).mp4". Looks like it either uses the folder name or the library title it has found.

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
hi there dear developer! i downloaded an Dolby Vision Movie 《Avatar.The.Way.of.Water.2022.2160p.MA.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.DV.MP4.x265-DVSUX》.

i can play it in nplayer, and screen maximum brightness definitely been triggered cos i can see the button adapated, but there is only one problem, the color, it seems nplayer not support dolby vision movie (whether dvh1 or dvhe ).

so i try to playback them in infuse pro, the playback is all good,the color is right but only one problem!
it seems the miniled didn't in HDR mode and can't trigger the maximum brightness of iPad pro

is infuse pro still not support ipad pro miniled screen? is there a way to trigger the maximum brightness of it ?
my device is ipad pro 2022 12.9 M2 and with miniled
If you can drop us a note, we can assist with this further.

Sorry for the late reply. This happens regardless of the file type (I've seen it with both MP4 and MKV container files). I use a folder per movie, but with a proper filename, e.g. something like:

Movie (2023)/Movie (2023).mp4

Infuse then shows "Movie (2023)" at the bottom of the movie page. It even does that if the file is named e.g. "Movie (2023) (Special Edition).mp4". Looks like it either uses the folder name or the library title it has found.
I believe in this case the folder is the playable item, so that is the name that would appear there. Infuse does this for folders which only contain a single movie.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.2 is live! 👍

Native HLG support on newer devices, improved flow for deleting local files, fixes for DoVi, parental controls for trailers, and more!

Enjoy! 🙂

FuA2zTZaQAEfJ1W

Note: After updating, you may be prompted to activate certain codecs. These are 100% free for Pro users, and require just a few taps to enable.

FuA3HMFacAEY3bb

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.3 now available! 🙌

Option to fetch metadata and artwork in the title's original language, IPv6 support for SMB, improved handling of regional languages and dialects, advanced features for SRT subtitles, playback fixes, and much more!

Enjoy! 😊

FvxwKhCagAEobSL

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
To bad Infuse can't fix the one thing I really need/want then I would instantly buy it. (Lifetime) :(

I keep checking every month.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.5 released! 👏

Featuring an all-new OpenSubtitles integration, new TV show genres, improved color accuracy for Hi10p files, and more!

Enjoy! 🙂

FxYBkTzaYAAuuLw

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Stupid question what are Hi10p files ?
Normally 10-bit videos contain HDR material. Hi10p videos are encoded as 10-bit, but contain non-HDR colors. A lot of anime content is encoded this way, but can apply to other videos as well.

MSKenyon

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2017
Earth
i was under the impression their would be support for music at some point. whats the road map of that look like?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
i was under the impression their would be support for music at some point. whats the road map of that look like?
There’s no ETA for music file support at this time, but you can follow this thread for updates.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.7 now available! 👏

Enhanced downmixing quality with new custom options, updates for Emby 4.8, numerous playback improvements, and much more!

Enjoy! 🙂

Fzt5jekX0AMSVw3

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.8 now available! 🙌

Better handling of media server genres, more audio pipeline improvements, fixes for HEVC playback on older OS versions, and more!

F0w6xvAagAMUdbJ

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hi Firecore. Love the app but user switching for Plex is missing.

Can it be added?
This may be added in the future and you can follow this thread for updates.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.9 now available! 👏

New miniseries section, custom season names from TMDB, and a handful of other fixes and improvements.

Enjoy! 🙂

F3lU7S1bEAAAidq

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.