Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hxlover904

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
Is there a way to mark a season as watched (or unwatched)? I can only see a way to do individual episodes or the entire show. If not, is there a plan to add it?

Minato1990

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2017
Is anyone’s infuse is slow to play out of the sudden on smb?
It buffers a lot and plays for a few seconds them buffers again.
I had this issue in the past so I went back to the UPnP/DLNA way which was fine, but I didn’t have access to the library features. Then I went back to smb after a couple of month and it was fine, but now it seems the issue has reared its ugly head again and I’m forced to go back to UpnP/DLNA

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Is anyone’s infuse is slow to play out of the sudden on smb?
It buffers a lot and plays for a few seconds them buffers again.
I had this issue in the past so I went back to the UPnP/DLNA way which was fine, but I didn’t have access to the library features. Then I went back to smb after a couple of month and it was fine, but now it seems the issue has reared its ugly head again and I’m forced to go back to UpnP/DLNA
If you are on Wi-Fi, the Apple TV may be switching back and forth between network bands (5GHz and 2.4GHz) and one may perform better than the other.

You may try restarting the Apple TV.

You can also run a speed test in Infuse to see what kind of speeds you are able to get when streaming from the source where your files are stored. This tool can also help troubleshoot other network related issues.

Reactions: Minato1990

Minato1990

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2017
If you are on Wi-Fi, the Apple TV may be switching back and forth between network bands (5GHz and 2.4GHz) and one may perform better than the other.

You may try restarting the Apple TV.

You can also run a speed test in Infuse to see what kind of speeds you are able to get when streaming from the source where your files are stored. This tool can also help troubleshoot other network related issues.

Yeah I tried restarting it to no avail. However I'm confused because my apple tv is on my 5GHZ network on my router is that normal that it would go to the 2.4ghz network? But I'll check when I get home today.
I remember using the speedtest when I had that issue last time and the speeds were abysmal, nothing changed from the last time in my configuration. It just worked for a while when I tried it again.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Yeah I tried restarting it to no avail. However I'm confused because my apple tv is on my 5GHZ network on my router is that normal that it would go to the 2.4ghz network? But I'll check when I get home today.
I remember using the speedtest when I had that issue last time and the speeds were abysmal, nothing changed from the last time in my configuration. It just worked for a while when I tried it again.
If you have separate networks for 5GHz and 2.4Ghz, then it wouldn't switch. However, in most cases a router would create a dual-band network and devices will automatically switch back and forth depending on signal strength, interference, etc... It's possible one band may perform better, regardless of what the device *thinks* is better.

Reactions: Minato1990

newtito

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2006
Question: is it possible to use iCloud with infuse? That is, can I store my media on iCloud and stream from there?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Reactions: max2 and Beamerboy

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.5 released! 👏

Featuring an all-new OpenSubtitles integration, new TV show genres, improved color accuracy for Hi10p files, and more!

Enjoy! 🙂

FxYBkTzaYAAuuLw

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Cool. looking forward.
I keep asking this for many years (5+): and IPTV module would be nice ;)

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Is anyone else having an issue where the tvOS app won't connect to the shared drive (in my case, my Macbook Pro)? This suddenly started happening to me, and I can't seem to fix it no matter what I do. The iOS app works wonderfully, so I'm not sure why the tvOS version is having a hard time.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
Are there any sales soon for the lifetime version of Infuse for ATV? I'm upset that the plex client for ATV is unable to play dolby atmos/spatial audio media files.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
Can't get Atmos from rips if that's what you want.
Really? So the only way to play dolby atmos encoded movies is from iTune's Movie store? Even if the encoded movie rips are Dolby Digital + (EAC3) format? That's what Dolby Atmos uses.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Really? So the only way to play dolby atmos encoded movies is from iTune's Movie store? Even if the encoded movie rips are Dolby Digital + (EAC3) format? That's what Dolby Atmos uses.
There are 2 types of Atmos: lossy and lossless.

Infuse cannot do lossless Atmos which is one reason I switched to a Zidoo player.

As for lossy, I would have no source files to check since I only use Infuse Pro for rips I made from my HD and 4k BluRays.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
There are 2 types of Atmos: lossy and lossless.

Infuse cannot do lossless Atmos which is one reason I switched to a Zidoo player.

As for lossy, I would have no source files to check since I only use Infuse Pro for rips I made from my HD and 4k BluRays.
Your 4k bluray rips don't have dolby atmos audio tracks? You don't have any recent movies that you could test out?
Also the movies you buy from iTunes, do they have lossy or lossless dolby atmos?

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Your 4k bluray rips don't have dolby atmos audio tracks? You don't have any recent movies that you could test out?
Also the movies you buy from iTunes, do they have lossy or lossless dolby atmos?
I have tried many movies with lossless Atmos and DTS:X and they all play in multichannel PCM.

All incoming Atmos audio from a streaming service is lossy. The AppleTV converts the audio to PCM. After conversion, the AppleTV adds the Atmos metadata back to the audio and outputs it as Dolby Atmos MAT 2.0. By converting lossless Atmos or DTS:X to PCM, the spatial metadata is lost and cannot be added back.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse does support Atmos when playing E-AC3 audio tracks.

More info can be found in this guide.

Reactions: 212rikanmofo

mstgkillr

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2012
I am new to Infuse, NAS, etc. I recently purchase Infuse PRO and a Synology RS1221+.

I was under the impression that I could transfer my iTunes movie library, consisting of ~700 movies purchased through Apple (M4V), to my Synology NAS. Then, stream those movies from the NAS to AppleTV, even during an internet outage.

Basically, I would like my father to be able to watch my iTunes collection when I am not home and when the internet is out.

Is this possible?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I am new to Infuse, NAS, etc. I recently purchase Infuse PRO and a Synology RS1221+.

I was under the impression that I could transfer my iTunes movie library, consisting of ~700 movies purchased through Apple (M4V), to my Synology NAS. Then, stream those movies from the NAS to AppleTV, even during an internet outage.

Basically, I would like my father to be able to watch my iTunes collection when I am not home and when the internet is out.

Is this possible?
Unfortunately, purchased iTunes content is not supported in Infuse at this time. These videos can only be played through Apple’s apps.

mstgkillr

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2012
Would it work if I purchased a MacMini, setup the MacMini’s iTunes folder on the NAS, and then pointed Infuse to the MacMini?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.