Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
3 milloin of a brand new product category in less than a quarter sounds pretty damn good to me just saying.

Not for Apple. Consider the all new "its just a big iPhone" iPad sold 3 million in its first weekend -- Easter weekend no less. iWatch should be priced less and come out at peak holiday gift buying season. 3M is a drop in the bucket, esp. if we are talking worldwide.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The smart thing for Apple to do would be to wait to release the iWatch/iTime until they have enough sapphire. That would be the obvious choice, unless they think most customers won't notice the difference and they don't want to wait until next year.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
So people will be killing each other literally for an iwatch

----------

I wonder how the iWatch will work. The screen is pretty small. Is it just jewelry?

A watch is the only jewellery that a man should wear and Apple knows that i think..so a jewellery with health related IS LIFE CHANGER

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
I wonder how the iWatch will work. The screen is pretty small. Is it just jewelry?
If its user experience is less screen-centric than current phones it shouldn't be an issue. Consider cars or coffee makers for instance. Their great at what they do without screens for distraction.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Well not a big deal to me since I am not sold on this iWatch yet.

More interested in the new iPhone with the different form factors :)

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Guess I'll be waiting for the 2nd generation. Not going to play these games with Apple.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
If its user experience is less screen-centric than current phones it shouldn't be an issue. Consider cars or coffee makers for instance. Their great at what they do without screens for distraction.

So...what would my iWatch do that I don't need to a screen for?

Tell time? take dictation?

My phone can do that just fine right now.

DoubleU

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
As has been pointed out before, products can't be delayed before a release date is announced. Ming-Chi Kuo seems to have taken over from Shaw Wu as the Apple prediction fool du jour. As with all people who make their living from speculation he only ever needs to highlight the times that he's right and let people forget whenever he's been wrong.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Yeah. He's typically been reliable, but this year it seems that he is grasping at straws.

Maybe Apple found the vendor(s) that have been leaking information in his direction, and planted some misinformation to keep rumor sites confused. "Hey supplier, here's a look at the signed P.O. ... but I'll keep it in my golf bag for a few weeks so you can't legally report it in your next quarterly financials."

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010

Tell time? take dictation?

My phone can do that just fine right now.
Well, it's not like you have to buy one if you're happy without. :roll eyes:

Anyway, some things one could do without screen: Navigation (especially pedestrian) with tactile feedback, anything that Siri can do, notifications by vibration, taking biometric signals, purchasing stuff without need to get phone out. I hope Apple's thought of something really awesome and unexpected though.

macaron95

macrumors regular
May 5, 2014
Ming BullChit Kuo is wrong again...

this guy invents a new rumor and an excuse to its fake info almost once a week...

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley

The Industrial Revolution and all its consumer products did quite well for about 2 centuries before "screens" were even invented. Nowadays, the vast majority of computers in your house and car do not have any screen.

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
It doesnt make sense.

Somehow every Apple product is supposed to be delayed or limited because of "production Issues" or license issues.

1. Apple has spent YEARS working on these products. I really,really doubt that there would be some production issues on the last mile that would push their product significantly further back.

2. "Production Issues" are not a rarity in fact they happen every single time on a new product. You will ALWAYS run into a few bumps. Again nothing that would really break apples neck , they are the master of supply chain.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
No one in their right mind is going to believe Apple will be randomly shipping watches with glass or sapphire.

Alumeenium

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
dumb product for dumb people

I'll be fine with my current iPhone until it's battery craps out in a few years

if you can't see the plateau, nothing will encourage growth here

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Well, it's not like you have to buy one if you're happy without. :roll eyes:

Anyway, some things one could do without screen: Navigation (especially pedestrian) with tactile feedback, anything that Siri can do, notifications by vibration, taking biometric signals, purchasing stuff without need to get phone out. I hope Apple's thought of something really awesome and unexpected though.

Don't know if I will be happy with one or not, just don't see the need for one right now, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

I was on the why do I need a bigger iPhone bandwagon for awhile until I saw the usage of the iPad. So...never know.

4Apples

macrumors member
May 21, 2013
I wish the iwatch would look like the concept pictured on this article.. interchangeable band & outer ring, round face, real looking, easy to change style. I'm not too sure about the long rectangular face.. too startreki for me by the sound of it.

Last edited:

uwdude

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2014
The past few years they've been moving everything closer and closer to just before the holidays for product launches, probably to maximize sales I'm sure, but it does make for an "everything released all at once" kind of month, just like what they were trying to get away from at the MacWorld announcements once a year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.