Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PC mcLinMorph

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2021
Thanks, i'm checking it out now. I obstacle:
It seems that in my machine i don't have

libffi.so.7

I don't know if it was in Fienix, but changed after i upgraded, but anyway a ubuntu-forum post gave me this:

Since Ubuntu 20.10 comes with libff8 instead of libffi7, I installed libffi7 by manually downloading the deb package from ubuntu focal (20.04):

But after searching, i haven't found any powerppc-package of that library (ubuntu/pool/main/libf/libffi/libffi7_3.3-4_amd64.deb). Do you know where it can be?

PC mcLinMorph

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2021
Ahh. Simple fix.
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libffi.so.7 /usr/lib/libffi.so.6
Ok. I have done that now.

I get an error:

XPCOMGlueload error for file home/fienix/Downloads/sealion/libxul.so:
libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
couldn't load XPCOM

And... when i check in /use/lib, it says "broken link" on the libffi.so 6
It seems i don't have any kind of libffi version in /usr/lib??

Last edited:

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Hmm. Ask on that hyperion forum link i posted the other day. Those guys have it running on fienix/debian.

I built it on Void, so there may be something else needed for fienix/debian.

Last edited:

rasvoja

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2021
Belgrade, Serbia
Reactions: Edgecrusherr
Nice! Will test it on G5 1GB RAM when I have some free time, but hey, lighter and certificate updated continuation, that is really some nice news! Kudos and thanks!
I wonder could it be integrated as part of Sorbet Leopard, if its superior to Safari 11
that people should be getting there

On Sorbet leopard, now wicked and most modern OS X PPC

No, probsbly not, but ultimately, tht would be a call by @wicknix, the maintainer of IW-PPC.

And please… no advertising of that userfan-modified Leopard is needed here. Thanks.

Reactions: ojfd and Amethyst1

Edgecrusherr

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2006
Nice! Will test it on G5 1GB RAM when I have some free time, but hey, lighter and certificate updated continuation, that is really some nice news! Kudos and thanks!
I wonder could it be integrated as part of Sorbet Leopard, if its superior to Safari 11
that people should be getting there

On Sorbet leopard, now wicked and most modern OS X PPC
I'm using Sorbet Leopard on all my PPC Macs (was over 10, now son to 4 lol), and InterWeb runs great on it. I don't think the developer/moder of Sorbet Leopard is going to put any more effort into it, but InterWeb is one of the first things I recommend people install.

vorob

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2011
Guys, i may sound naive, but still i’ve got question. Any way to make macrumors forum fluent on ibook g4 as it is on modern computer? I’m using OSX 10.4.11 and interwebppc r4. I can use forum on this machine, moreover i’m typing right now on it, but every step forces me to wait. Scrolling is laggy and so on.

If it’s impossible i’m totally okay, i’m just checking maybe i’m missing smth, maybe there is some speed pillow unknown to me.

p.s. i’ve got hdd and 1.5ram.

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
I can use forum on this machine, moreover i’m typing right now on it, but every step forces me to wait. Scrolling is laggy and so on.

Try the BB code toggle in the message editor.
For general site navigation a javascript blocker can be employed to cut out anything not needed.
Also, you can use InTheBox to make a site specific instance of InterWebPPC to save a few resources.

Reactions: vorob

Yumiko Noua

macrumors regular
May 24, 2022
a question for interwebppc:
the next release will be between one/two months right? or I miss something? I mean, it's still in development right?

Reactions: B S Magnet

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2023
No Wicknix has archived interwebs GitHub as of now the only project I think he’s working is sealion for Mac OS X 10.7 onwards along with its Linux counterpart and another side project. on the Macintoshgardens interweb page he announced he’s no longer updating interweb…he archived it in July I think…if you want to have a newer version the only option is the unofficial tenfourfox development kit available on the garden and compile the latest hobby updates from Cameron’s GitHub and I’m not sure if they’ve done so yet but Mac ports may have been updated with the latest updates for tenfourfox….I know when I checked last week it was still months out of date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yumiko Noua

Yumiko Noua

macrumors regular
May 24, 2022
No Wicknix has archived interwebs GitHub as of now the only project I think he’s working is sealion for Mac OS X 10.7 onwards along with its Linux counterpart and another side project. on the Macintoshgardens interweb page he announced he’s no longer updating interweb…he archived it in July I think…if you want to have a newer version the only option is the unofficial tenfourfox development kit available on the garden and compile the latest hobby updates from Cameron’s GitHub and I’m not sure if they’ve done so yet but Mac ports may have been updated with the latest updates for tenfourfox….I know when I checked last week it was still months out of date.
understand... thanks for the answer.

Yumiko Noua

macrumors regular
May 24, 2022
https://ports.macports.org/port/tenfourfox-devel/ I think this is the latest version.

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2023
Yeah it’s not updated that was updated in April it’s still a few months out of date but not that old…honestly I update tenfourfox maybe once a year so I never usually compile every time something drops…if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

DarthRingpiece

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2024
Hi, I’m new to power pc macs! I’m trying to install interwebppc on iMac g4 running tiger but safari can’t connect to anything? How do I install? Thanks

Reactions: barracuda156

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2021
Hi, I’m new to power pc macs! I’m trying to install interwebppc on iMac g4 running tiger but safari can’t connect to anything? How do I install? Thanks

Assuming you have another computer, download it there and transfer via a USB or FireWire drive?
(You may be able to download from a direct link with system curl, but I have no idea if curl of 10.4 is still usable for anything. A hardcore way will be to install Macports and build the modern curl, but you still need to download at least Macports source or dmg.)

DarthRingpiece

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2024
Assuming you have another computer, download it there and transfer via a USB or FireWire drive?
(You may be able to download from a direct link with system curl, but I have no idea if curl of 10.4 is still usable for anything. A hardcore way will be to install Macports and build the modern curl, but you still need to download at least Macports source or dmg.)
Hi thanks, I tried that and I get a message saying I can’t open the file.! Tried getting StuffIt and unarchiver but get the same message when trying to open them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.