Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
It requires 10.4.11 minimum. If all the updates are applied my only other guess would be that the machine is reporting some version other than that.

Cheers

Reactions: ltpitt

ltpitt

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2020
It requires 10.4.11 minimum. If all the updates are applied my only other guess would be that the machine is reporting some version other than that.

Cheers
Silly me!

I didn't not install the update.

Thanks for the help and for this amazing effort!

Reactions: wicknix

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2021
What can be run on the early 10.6 betas on PPC that can't be run on 10.5?

Well, I think my point should be fairly uncontroversial in principle, but pinpointing specific case right now is not easy for two reasons: a) I work predominantly on 10.6 PPC and 10.6.8 Rosetta, my only interest with 10.5.8 was related to ppc64, and that is largely broken, so to discover what software builds on 10.6 PPC but not on 10.5.8 I need to try building substantial number of ports – and for that I need identical compiler, which means I need gcc12 on 10.5.8, and that requires some time; b) since I had no such objective, I did not make a record of what has been shown to be broken on 10.5.8.

One thing I am quite sure about – Ruby 31 built on 10.6 PPC and failed on 10.5.8 (does not in itself mean it cannot be fixed for 10.5.8, but what worked on 10.6 failed on 10.5).
Another likely case is libsdl2 – I am quite sure a newer version will be supported on 10.6.
Again, as I recall, i2pd is broken on 10.5.8 (at least was few months ago), but built on 10.6 (still needs fixes, but at least it builds).
I would assume folly and friends may not build on 10.5.8 – that I will test, but again, gonna take time: need to fix Boost first.

UPD. Fixed Ruby and Folly & friends for Leopard.

Last edited:

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
@wicknix is there a way to make a single-window client, like TenFourFoxBox? They were very helpful for loading regularly used sites quickly (with saved passwords and set window size).

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Huh. Strange indeed. Works on my G4/G5's as well. The script does search for InterWebPPC.app in /Applications. Or maybe just rename InterWebPPC-G4.app to InterWebPPC.app. Should work then.

Cheers

Reactions: B S Magnet
I got a notice saying that WebRTC is not supported. I'm on a G4. Is this correct?

Yes. I think @wicknix made mention of this earlier in the thread.

For the latest Interweb-PPC on my PowerBook G4 SL-PPC test mule, html5test-dot-com reports the following:

1670208720724.png

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Yes. I think @wicknix made mention of this earlier in the thread.

For the latest Interweb-PPC on my PowerBook G4 SL-PPC test mule, html5test-dot-com reports the following:

View attachment 2123590
Noted. Is there a way to re-enable that? This may be a fast fix to restoring video chat.

I had a quick look at the last TFF 7400 build, and it reports the same. However, "access the webcam" is permitted.
Edit: same for TFF G5.

Last edited:

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Is there a way to re-enable that?
Sure. If you want to do it for yourself. ;)

It's disabled for a reason, but if you really want it enabled grab this package and install it. From there you could just build TFF with the latest patches as it has webrtc enabled by default. Or build IWPPC, but you'll have to wait until the toolkit extracts IWPPC, then ctrl+c to kill the script. Then go in to the build directory and edit the appropriate mozconfig (g3/g4/5) and change the line that says "--disable-webrtc" to "--enable-webrtc". Then restart the build script and wait a few hours.

Cheers

ecapdeville

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2005
Mexico City
Hello! First of all I want to thank wicknix for his job... its great! Then how can I sync with my Firefox account? everytime I click on Sign In a Blocked by Content Security Policy page appears with a note saying that InterWebPPC prevented this page from loading in this way because the page has a content security policy that disallows it... what can I do?

I am in a MDD G4 Powermac... thanks!!!!

Eduardo

Reactions: wicknix

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
I may have disabled sync for security reasons. I don't recall at the moment, but i'd suspect that's the reason. If all you want is your TFF bookmarks back, just export TFF's bookmarks to html, then import them in to IWPPC.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.