Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
If you proceed to click "View" you should see the option to delete that email. This is a workaround for non-3D touch devices (such as my very own 5S). With 3D touch, you can simply push the notification and get those quick actions available to you without the extra swipe and touch.
Ahh. All the more reason to get a 7 plus Thanks.

Reactions: DaPizzaMan

Jacian

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Hi! I'm new to Apple and iOS. I just upgraded my 6s to iOS 10 and I think it is pretty cool. One thing I've noticed is the iMessage features doesn't work on all my contacts. It worked when I initially tested it with one of my contact but now it's not doing anything when I pressed the camera, 2 fingers or the letter A icons but it works with some of my contacts.

What's the problem with this? I've tried the Reduce Motion, Disable 3D Touch, turn off/on iMessage, reboot iPhone.

greyeyes19

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2014
Can you delete the stupid "places" folder in photos? I have location turned off on my photos so it never showed up before.

ovo6

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2015
I love inline video playback in safari, I wish I can play first videos like that instead of goin full screen when I press play

slynger

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2010
I have iOS 10 on my phone and ipad but my messages aren't sycing when I send something through imessage. Do I need to set something back up in settings or is this a glitch?

greyeyes19

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2014
Is it possible to add your own images to make as stickers? I'm not a fan of some of the new emojis and while I can accept they've changed there are some I use as inside jokes and the new ones really don't work as well. If I can make images of the old ones as stickers then would be more than good. Any ideas?
Try imoji app.

Reactions: frifra

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
I have iOS 10 on my phone and ipad but my messages aren't sycing when I send something through imessage. Do I need to set something back up in settings or is this a glitch?
Check which addresses you have listed under Settings > iMessage. It should be the same on both devices. If this does not work try turn iMessage off and back on on both devices.

_bgb

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
London
Just a small observation.

iOS 10 is really not meant for a screen smaller than a Plus model. Especially when using the iMessage features..

Anyone else that 'closed in' feeling?

Reactions: BJMRamage

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Minor bug: I use the 24h clock and the up next widget displays time in 12h format.

Attachments

• IMG_3315.PNG
    IMG_3315.PNG
    781.1 KB · Views: 265

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Try imoji app.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I first installed the app and added favorites, just to find out that there is a separate Sticker App in the iMessage App Store. But I don't know how to add favorites there. They state you can do it on the fly, but I don't know how to. If I search for e.g. Pusheen and then click the heart, only the first of all results is added. Double tapping does not work as it inserts a sticker into a message ;(.

EDIT: I think one can only save catogeries. If anyone finds out how to add single stickers to favorites, please let me know - thanks.

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Sorry but this doesn't really solve it....here you can select the favourite method to reach that contact, but previously we had the ability to decide each time we wanted to call if we wanted to do it by phone or by facetime audio. This was done by simply swiping left to the "minus one" screen, touch the contact, which would open a menu of contact methods, and select how we wanted to interact with that contact, wither video facteime, audio facetime, phone call or send a message....

This was convenient because when im on the street i would use phone call, whereas at home I would use facetime audio...
I believe the "Launcher" app will do what you want. They have a "multi-contact" launcher. If you enable the Launcher widget, and select that contact, you get a fly-out with a choice of phone call, text, facetime video, facetime audio, or email.
Launcher with Notification Center Widgets

ovo6

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2015
My only issue about iOS 10 is that control center is too sensitive, it's really annoying to change the brightness

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
doesn't that just send you to the app?

It sounds like it would for sure but for, say, an iMessage it opens the reply window on the lock screen. It's a bit awkward and not a convincing substitute for 3d touch.

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Just a small observation.

iOS 10 is really not meant for a screen smaller than a Plus model. Especially when using the iMessage features..

Anyone else that 'closed in' feeling?
Yes. Way too many layout changes that take up even more space on the SE.

Reactions: _bgb
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.