Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

LK265

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Berkshire, England
Anyone know about this?

I didn't see it posted anywhere..

When logging into an app on Apple TV, my iPhone has a pop up asking if I want to input text using my iOS device.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.PNG
    IMG_0009.PNG
    684.3 KB · Views: 340
Reactions: gwhizkids

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Anyone know about this?

I didn't see it posted anywhere..

When logging into an app on Apple TV, my iPhone has a pop up asking if I want to input text using my iOS device.
I have not seen this and its a great use of Continuity. Do you have the Remote app installed on your phone?

mdtp333

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
I've had the Iphone 7/128/MB for several days now, and i've noticed some issues with the notifications. I will get a news alert, etc. and it will pop up on my ipad, but it's not coming up on my phone or apple watch. The only notifications I am getting on my phone are from whatsapp, snapchat--any app that is only on the phone and nowhere else. I was getting notifications without any issue the first day I got my phone (Monday) but then yesterday, I suddenly stopped getting them. I have not changed my settings at all. I even tried turning off my ipad to see if the notifications would divert to the phone, but no luck.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I've had the Iphone 7/128/MB for several days now, and i've noticed some issues with the notifications. I will get a news alert, etc. and it will pop up on my ipad, but it's not coming up on my phone or apple watch. The only notifications I am getting on my phone are from whatsapp, snapchat--any app that is only on the phone and nowhere else. I was getting notifications without any issue the first day I got my phone (Monday) but then yesterday, I suddenly stopped getting them. I have not changed my settings at all. I even tried turning off my ipad to see if the notifications would divert to the phone, but no luck.
I'm assuming that you are on the same iCloud account for all 3 devices. You might try signing in and out of iCloud on each device (just don't do it at the same time if you use 2 factor authentication!)

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
That would simply add spaces, wouldn't it?
Correct. Holding down space to move the cursor position does not work with Apple's default keyboard. It does with 3D touch, and with some third-party keyboards that have implemented the feature (such as Gboard).

Reactions: tgara

Gypsy36

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2013
Canada
I occasionally have the screen drop down about a third of the way and a grey rectangle fill the top part of the screen with nothing in it. I'm assuming this is a feature of some sort (Apple Pay?) but I cannot seem to figure out what it is or what triggers it - any suggestions?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I occasionally have the screen drop down about a third of the way and a grey rectangle fill the top part of the screen with nothing in it. I'm assuming this is a feature of some sort (Apple Pay?) but I cannot seem to figure out what it is or what triggers it - any suggestions?

Reachability. Activated by double tapping (tapping, not pressing) the home button. It's meant to make reaching things at the top of the screen easier.

tanster

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
SF Bay Area
Hi all, I apologize if this has been brought up before. It's kinda hard to search for. :)

I saw this on the Apple site (http://www.apple.com/iphone-7/ios/) but I can't get the time suggestions to come up. Is there a setting I need to turn on?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2016-09-25 11.49.53.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-09-25 11.49.53.png
    Screenshot 2016-09-25 11.49.53.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 188

edhchoe1

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2015
I hate pressing home button twice on my iPad mini. It plainly sucks!!!!!!!!!! SUCKS!!!!!!!
IT WILL BREAK THE HOME BUTTON 2X AS FAST.

pilot3033

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I just noticed (maybe it's a 10.1 thing) the first time you see a sticker from an app you don't have, Messages provides a link to that app if you want to download it. "Sticker from AppXYZ."

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I just noticed (maybe it's a 10.1 thing) the first time you see a sticker from an app you don't have, Messages provides a link to that app if you want to download it. "Sticker from AppXYZ."
That was an announced feature regarding all iMessage apps.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Hi all, I apologize if this has been brought up before. It's kinda hard to search for. :)

I saw this on the Apple site (http://www.apple.com/iphone-7/ios/) but I can't get the time suggestions to come up. Is there a setting I need to turn on?

Thanks!

View attachment 659187
This has happened to me as well. It occurred on 10.0.1 yesterday when I tried the companion feature re my current location and today (after I updated to 10.1 B1). Seems to be a server side problem.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I hate pressing home button twice on my iPad mini. It plainly sucks!!!!!!!!!! SUCKS!!!!!!!
Turn on the Rest Your Finger to Open feature, if you have Touch ID.

Please don't use all caps. We get it; you're unhappy. But we are not the ones you should be SHOUTING at.

SavageBeauty

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014

This is a feature called “Reachability”, available on any phone larger than the 5/SE sizes. It allows you to reach parts of the screen you otherwise could not when using the phone one-handed.

Touch (but don't depress or click!) the home button twice quickly with your thumb. This double tap lowers the out-of-reach half of the screen down, bringing it to you! (Especially useful for button bars at the top of the screen). It will return to normal after a few seconds, or you can tap anywhere in the black area to manually cancel. (You can also double-tap the home button again.) If you need to invoke the notifications/widget menu with one hand, swipe down beginning anywhere in the black area.
[doublepost=1474903721][/doublepost]

In which situation? I believe there are gestures/workarounds for all situations that you could use instead.

(However, in my experience the home buttons on Touch ID Devices no longer break or get mushy with extended use, as earlier devices were prone to do.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.