Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

John6Plus

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Holland, MI
Anyone know what the little stars are next to some songs in the Music app? (Circled below.) Yesterday, "Moth Into Flame" did not have a star next to it. Other albums have a star next to one track. They're not rated 5 stars or "loved" ... but they must mean something. At first I hoped it was way to rate them from the app. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_6971.jpg
    IMG_6971.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 294

Mystic Eddy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Anyone know what the little stars are next to some songs in the Music app? (Circled below.) Yesterday, "Moth Into Flame" did not have a star next to it. Other albums have a star next to one track. They're not rated 5 stars or "loved" ... but they must mean something. At first I hoped it was way to rate them from the app. :rolleyes:
Top/Popular tracks is what it denotes from what I understand.

WojWojski

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Is anyone else having problems with the apple mail app?

Before the update to iOS10 I was able to mark email messages as read by using the buttons located in top right corner.

Now, I can still do it, but it takes forever for the app to mark the message as read! I have to wait between 3-4 seconds on each click for the app to recognise I've read the message. Sometimes it doesn't even work anymore.

If it's a new feature - it's super annoying. If it's a bug I hope they fix it.

Anyone else can relate?

CaptHook

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
Anyone know about this?

I didn't see it posted anywhere..

When logging into an app on Apple TV, my iPhone has a pop up asking if I want to input text using my iOS device.
I didn't and haven't seen it yet but what a welcome change. I've found myself not typing anything in Apple TV because it's such a pain in the ass.
[doublepost=1475024354][/doublepost]
Hey guys
Is it possible to cancel camera on lock screen?
I think you just push the home button.

therockyroad

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2011
Nice feature in iOS Mail - Manually Load images from the top of each message

If you have the app set to not load images automatically, the button/link to load all images is now at the top of each email. You used to have to scroll to the bottom, tap "load images" and then scroll back up to the top to read/see them.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Nice feature in iOS Mail - Manually Load images from the top of each message

If you have the app set to not load images automatically, the button/link to load all images is now at the top of each email. You used to have to scroll to the bottom, tap "load images" and then scroll back up to the top to read/see them.
Almost seems more of a design/interaction "fix".

davidra

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Unlock is pretty fast on 6s isn't it. But I would really have liked it if we didn't have to press the home button down, just have your finger touch it to activate the Touch ID so it unlocks the phone. It's not going to accidentally unlock without the correct fingerprint being recognised.

Also of note, raise to wake lock screen.
I'll be amazed if that lock screen change doesn't destroy battery life. If you're carrying the phone around, the wake screen opens every time it moves.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I'll be amazed if that lock screen change doesn't destroy battery life. If you're carrying the phone around, the wake screen opens every time it moves.

Thats not how it works though. The screen only lights up when you raise the screen up towards yourself. If the phone is in a pocket, the screen doesn't wake when it just simply moves about.

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016

Thats not how it works though. The screen only lights up when you raise the screen up towards yourself. If the phone is in a pocket, the screen doesn't wake when it just simply moves about.

both of these are correct depending on how your phone is placed in your pocket. if you walk around with the phone upside down in your pocket (home button pointing up), then it won't turn on even with vigorous movement.

if the phone is in your pocket (or like, on a belt clip or something) with the home button pointing down, it will wake with some movement.

you can try both in your hands -- hold the phone with two fingers and swing it side to side / back and forth, both rightside up and upside down and you'll see which orientation it wakes up more often from.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
The phone also uses its proximity sensor to detect if it's in a dark place or on its face. This is why if your phone is face down and you get an alert, the screen doesn't turn on. So raise to wake explicitly needs an upright forward facing non-obstructed phone being raised. So no, it doesn't affect your battery significantly sitting in a pocket.

Reactions: tgara

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
The phone also uses its proximity sensor to detect if it's in a dark place or on its face. This is why if your phone is face down and you get an alert, the screen doesn't turn on. So raise to wake explicitly needs an upright forward facing non-obstructed phone being raised. So no, it doesn't affect your battery significantly sitting in a pocket.
for notifications, it won't wake if the phone is obstructed. but raising it will still wake, even with obstruction, if it's facing up (also easily tested)

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
both of these are correct depending on how your phone is placed in your pocket. if you walk around with the phone upside down in your pocket (home button pointing up), then it won't turn on even with vigorous movement.

if the phone is in your pocket (or like, on a belt clip or something) with the home button pointing down, it will wake with some movement.

you can try both in your hands -- hold the phone with two fingers and swing it side to side / back and forth, both rightside up and upside down and you'll see which orientation it wakes up more often from.

After the phone is over around 30 degrees or so from horizontal raise to wake doesn't activate no matter how you move it. If your phone is 30 degrees from horizontal in your pocket you'd have one helluva large pocket.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
for notifications, it won't wake if the phone is obstructed. but raising it will still wake, even with obstruction, if it's facing up (also easily tested)
Right, but it requires a specific threshold of raise in addition to being placed with home button down. That much movement in a pocket would be impressive.

KiXeR

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2014
Problem: Musicapp starts after a call. Exaple, after finishing with a phonecall, music apps starts automaticly (music starts to play). I have muteswitch on and musicapp is loaded in background. Anyine else with this bug? I´m on iOS 10.0.2.

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
For people not seeing the suggested times in iMessage -- do you actually have stuff in your calendars? You have to have things booked / scheduled for it to know what to suggest around

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
This has been around for several versions of iOS, but I just found this out. In Photos, you can tap the icons on the bottom like "Albums" to scroll the thumbnails all the way to the bottom. Tap the status bar on top of where the clock is to scroll all the way to the top.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This has been around for several versions of iOS, but I just found this out. In Photos, you can tap the icons on the bottom like "Albums" to scroll the thumbnails all the way to the bottom. Tap the status bar on top of where the clock is to scroll all the way to the top.
The tapping on the status bar has been around in iOS for a long time and works across most apps basically. Not quite sure about tapping the bottom icons really doing much in the way of scrolling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.