Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mertkutluk

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
Anyone having issues with notifications not opening when pressed?

I have a 6S and SOME of my Twitter and News notifications aren't opening when I press on them when other notifications from Twitter are.. Very odd.
I got exact same issue. Once you restart your device, Its gone for a day or so, but then it starts again. I don't know how to solve it but it's really annoying. I keep pressing 3D touch to open app instead.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Why did they switch the side the "delete" option is on when deleting apps... It became second nature to delete an app, and select the right option. Now for some reason they switched it to the left... I hate when they change this kind of stuff just because...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why did they switch the side the "delete" option is on when deleting apps... It became second nature to delete an app, and select the right option. Now for some reason they switched it to the left... I hate when they change this kind of stuff just because...
Are you talking about the little 'x' that appears when you tap and hold on an icon? Wasn't it always on the top left?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Are you talking about the little 'x' that appears when you tap and hold on an icon? Wasn't it always on the top left?

It's not the "X", it's the "Cancel" "Delete" options in the dialog that appears after one taps the "X". IMO, not a big deal... but muscle memory can be a b**ch. :cool:

Shadow16

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Apologies if already mentioned but in the mail app when I have numerous unread emails the arrow to move on to next message doesn't always become available unless I sort of move around in the current email I'm reading.

Anyone else had this?

mtata

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2014
8a24b108997b4d1c151940a991e28c64.jpg

I hate that gray background being overlapped by white at the top. I'm running 10.0.1. Is this the same in other devices? Mine is 5s

mtata

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2014
Keyboard click sounds in calculator in annoying. Turning off Keyboard Clicks in Setting>Sounds doesn't turn off in calculator

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
So on my iPad, it used to unlock with just waking the screen, and placing my finger on the Touch ID. Now I have to wake, place my finger on the Touch ID, AND press the home button?

I love some of the new features of 10, but these little details are really starting to get to me.

Anyone know of a way to Change this?

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
So on my iPad, it used to unlock with just waking the screen, and placing my finger on the Touch ID. Now I have to wake, place my finger on the Touch ID, AND press the home button?

I love some of the new features of 10, but these little details are really starting to get to me.

Anyone know of a way to Change this?
General -> Accessibility -> Home Button -> Rest Finger to Open

Swampbaby985

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
East Texas
Apologies if already mentioned but in the mail app when I have numerous unread emails the arrow to move on to next message doesn't always become available unless I sort of move around in the current email I'm reading.

Anyone else had this?
Yes I have this happening as well.

apple-boy

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2013
Does anyone know what is "Discovery in iBooks" ?

I've looked in iBooks as well as Apple's just updated iOS 10 guide for iPhone, but that option is nowhere to be seen.

Reactions: boston04and07

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
A few minor enhancements I've noticed....

-Keyboard is improved. When I would mean to type "I'm coming" and I accidentally wrote "imncoming" (n instead of space) it would ALWAYS change it to "in coming", it now changes it to what I intended.
-When reading a website if I accidentally long pressed on a word it would highlight to copy / paste, but no matter where I pressed it would never go away. That has been fixed.
-When I'm on a website, and click on a link, and go back, before it would reload then eventually go to the same spot. That has changed where it's much more fluid and no reloading happens

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
My absolute favorite is being able to listen to music while I'm in the camera app (about time!), being able to edit Live Photos and stay Live Photos & also answering text messages while I'm watching NFL on the app (multitasking?).

unorganized

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Hi everyone. On SE I noticed that the switchable modes in the camera application takes much longer than on IOS 9. Especially when I switch from 4:3 mode to Slow-mo and vice versa.

Elmo1938

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
Oh OK, yeah I'm talking about 6+. Previously on the 6+, landscape in iBooks was 2 columns.

same on the iPad.. to get to 2 columns you have minimize font size. Doesn't work for me. width of text in portrait [1 column] and landscape [2 columns very small text]. width of text makes it impossible for me to read. I will move to Kindle for future book purchases.

Last edited:

PedroW

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2015
Done a couple of searches on Bluetooth and this issue so apologies if its already covered but:

Since upgrading both my 6s+ and wife 6+ to IOS 10 I am experiencing issues with our two MINI cars. If Siri is on when the phones connect to the car the telephone screen comes up in the car and a call to the phones number is in progress. This is what happens normally when you do a siri button press as the system uses a "self-call" to activate the microphone. However, this never goes away. Only way to stop it is to turn off Bluetooth.

To stop it permannently I have to turn off Siri completely (as its not Hey Siri as I don't have this on) but them I get the annoying blue voice control screen if I hold the home button a nano second too long.

I have tried resetting network settings to no avail, hard resets etc.....

any ideas? I am also getting 15% of battery drain from Siri even though Siri is off!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.