Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
The tapping on the status bar has been around in iOS for a long time and works across most apps basically. Not quite sure about tapping the bottom icons really doing much in the way of scrolling.

Yeah I think most people knew about the status bar one, that's why I said it's been around for several versions.

What is there to be unsure about? It works exactly like the status bar but in the opposite direction. Tap on Photos, scroll to middle, tap Photos icon, it scrolls to the bottom. If your in albums, go to your camera roll, scroll to middle, tap Album, it scrolls to bottom. I didn't think this needed this much explanation.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah I think most people knew about the status bar one, that's why I said it's been around for several versions.

What is there to be unsure about? It works exactly like the status bar but in the opposite direction. Tap on Photos, scroll to middle, tap Photos icon, it scrolls to the bottom. If your in albums, go to your camera roll, scroll to middle, tap Album, it scrolls to bottom. I didn't think this needed this much explanation.
I believe that's more of it taking you to the most recent in that section, which happens to be at the bottom, than basically a scroll to the bottom function comparable to the system level status bar scroll to the top functionality.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I believe that's more of it taking you to the most recent in that section, which happens to be at the bottom, than basically a scroll to the bottom function comparable to the system level status bar scroll to the top functionality.

Interesting theory. I tested out in my custom albums, where I have it sorted with the newest on top (something you can do through OS X Photos). So if what you're saying is true, I scroll to middle, and tapping the album icon, it should take me to the top. Tapped and it went to the bottom. So bottom icons will scroll to the bottom in Photos. It's not a system level scroll like the status bar (like you're pointing out), but it works within Photos.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Thats not how it works though. The screen only lights up when you raise the screen up towards yourself. If the phone is in a pocket, the screen doesn't wake when it just simply moves about.
Thats not how it works though. The screen only lights up when you raise the screen up towards yourself. If the phone is in a pocket, the screen doesn't wake when it just simply moves about.

Mine is pretty sensitive. If laying on a flat surface and I turn 90 degrees to the right, it will actuivate. Might turn off till this is fixed.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Mine is pretty sensitive. If laying on a flat surface and I turn 90 degrees to the right, it will actuivate. Might turn off till this is fixed.
If mine is laid flat on a table no manner of turning it round will activate it, i have to tilt it torward me to almost 90 degrees to get it to light up.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Sorry, poor description. Lift 90 degrees, leaving on side on the table. Lifting a long side too, not from the top.

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
When you 3D Touch the last picture taken with the Camera app it shows you a dark viewer rather than the default light viewer it shows you when you tap the last picture. Dark mode confirmed? :p

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
When you 3D Touch the last picture taken with the Camera app it shows you a dark viewer rather than the default light viewer it shows you when you tap the last picture. Dark mode confirmed? :p
Doesn't that happen when you just tap on the photo? And has been like that for quite some time?

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
Doesn't that happen when you just tap on the photo? And has been like that for quite some time?
I get a white viewer when I just tap the photo. By "viewer" I mean the bars above and below the picture where there are options and whatnot.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I get a white viewer when I just tap the photo. By "viewer" I mean the bars above and below the picture where there are options and whatnot.
Once you are viewing a photo one tap gets you the black viewer and another tap gets you back to the regular (white) one and they switch like that.

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
Once you are viewing a photo one tap gets you the black viewer and another tap gets you back to the regular (white) one and they switch like that.
This is what I see if I 3D touch:
IMG_0391.jpg

This is what I see if I tap:
IMG_0392.jpg

Reactions: pmostoff

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
This is what I see if I 3D touch:
View attachment 665819

This is what I see if I tap:
View attachment 665820
You're right, never noticed this.

Just to clarify, DaPizzaMan is talking about when you press the gallery button in the bottom left of the camera up - 3D press it and it takes you to the dark background, but if you simply tap it it'll take you to the normal white background

Reactions: DaPizzaMan

sethlution

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
Any other app beside photo that has the scroll to the bottom thing? I think it could be quite useful in Safari

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
You're right, never noticed this.

Just to clarify, DaPizzaMan is talking about when you press the gallery button in the bottom left of the camera up - 3D press it and it takes you to the dark background, but if you simply tap it it'll take you to the normal white background
looks like it's due to the background of the initial 'peek' with 3D touch. so on the first 3d touch, you get the peek with the black background and then continue with the 'pop' to get the camera app, it inherits the black background from the peek.
[doublepost=1477067473][/doublepost]in iMessage:

you can save a click when sending images by just flicking the image you want into the conversation, it will send right away (instead of tap image --> tap send)

Reactions: gwhizkids

neteng101

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
Not sure if this is an iOS 10 thing or just an iOS thing - but anyone notice how screens different during an upgrade and bootup depending on if your device has a black or white bezel?

Black bezel - black background, white apple
White bezel - white background, black apple

Amused watching the 10.1 upgrades going.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Not sure if this is an iOS 10 thing or just an iOS thing - but anyone notice how screens different during an upgrade and bootup depending on if your device has a black or white bezel?

It's been that way since at least iOS 8... maybe longer.

Reactions: neteng101

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

That has been around since about iOS 7 days (if not even before that).

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Anyone else find it annoying as F that when the timer goes off and the alert pops up on the screen, if you click on the alert nothing happens. It use to be in ios9 that if you tapped on the alert it would open the time app.

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2013
Finally took the plunge and upgraded last night to 10.1.1. version, what's not to like with a x.1.1 version.

I left plugged in and locked. Memories... wow oh wow... If you have children you'll know what I'm talking about... wow. So far so good. Very happy with the upgrade. Performance seems fine and battery is fine also. Interesting to find all the new things.

Noticed a few visual things but nothing to write home about and couldn't replicate but transition between widgets sliding, touching he screen it went dark but really nothing dissimilar stuffed encounters on 9.x

Long may Apple run a profitable iPhone business.

sethlution

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
For those who has a Korean iPhone or iPad, starting from iOS 10.2 taking a screenshot no longer produce a shutter sound if your device is in silence mode. This has long been requested.

Reactions: DeckMan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.