Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mppn

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Montreal, QC, Canada
I get unable to verify Apple Watch update. Not connected to the internet.

Anyone else getting this?

Yes, here's what I did: on iphone -> forget wi-fi connection. Re-connect to the wi-fi. wait 30 seconds or a bit more and retry.

Looks like the wi-fi password was lost off the watch and it caused this error. I guess it should read: Your watch isn't connected to wi-fi....

EDIT: ***This does not work. it failed later than the first time on my end ***

Last edited:

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Yes, here's what I did: on iphone -> forget wi-fi connection. Re-connect to the wi-fi. wait 30 seconds or a bit more and retry.

Looks like the wi-fi password was lost off the watch and it caused this error. I guess it should read: Your watch isn't connected to wi-fi....
Same issue here but these steps did not work for me.

Alan Gordon

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2014
Dawson, GA
Or better, we report the bugs that get posted to the wiki.

This would however, require us to do write ups or screen recordings on how to duplicate it.

I don't think screen recordings are necessary, but any long-standing bugs is what I'm talking about, so any on the Wiki would be fine.

Basically, just have one of this forum's more articulate members write up copy for each respective "bug" that we can copy/paste in the Feedback app, which should be enough similarities to hopefully get Apple's attention.

As I stated, that Movies Anywhere "HD" tag bug in the TV app bugs the heck out of me, and I think it'd be an easy fix that is quite timely given iOS 12.3's focus on the TV app.

HyperliteG4

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Southern California
People with the Watch issues: is this from the iOS beta or the watch beta?

Since updating iOS to beta 4, then checking for beta update on watchOS. Update downloads, but once it hits the "verifying" step, it errors with "cannot connect to internet" even though both devices are indeed connected to wifi and access the internet perfectly fine.

Reactions: decypher44

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Since updating iOS to beta 4, then checking for beta update on watchOS. Update downloads, but once it hits the "verifying" step, it errors with "cannot connect to internet" even though both devices are indeed connected to wifi and access the internet perfectly fine.

It's probably a server side issue and most likely be resolved later this afternoon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.