Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Since updating iOS to beta 4, then checking for beta update on watchOS. Update downloads, but once it hits the "verifying" step, it errors with "cannot connect to internet" even though both devices are indeed connected to wifi and access the internet perfectly fine.

here is what I did, went into the watch app under usage and deleted the watch update, went out of the watch app and back in then downloaded the update again. It is installing now.

I wonder if the cause is this, I downloaded the watch update BEFORE the iPhone was updated, then updated the iPhone to beta 4. Then tried to update the watch and got the no internet connection.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
WiFi turning back on randomly, after turning off via control center, bug still not fixed. This is getting annoying. Can y’all help in reporting it?
d152ae2ff032c81b24ab1f8491eb6ec6.jpg

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
WiFi turning back on randomly, after turning off via control center, bug still not fixed. This is getting annoying. Can y’all help in reporting it?
It'll be a "new feature" of iOS 13. Apple has made the impossible work!

In all seriousness though, I don't have that issue you are reporting. But I can say that I've had many issues in the iOS 12 ecosystem that have been solved from full on resets. Shouldn't come to that, but this is the level of stability we now have from Apple.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
It'd be really nice if we got back on the same day release of the Public beta again. Maybe this week that will resume?

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015

I have this issue with iOS 12.2. It’s very annoying

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
OTA is being processed now. Look out for it in a few moments.
And you know this, how?
[doublepost=1556568822][/doublepost]

People should really not be reporting issues that don't affect them (can skew the bug squashing process). That said, if its happening to you, report it!
[doublepost=1556568877][/doublepost]
It'd be really nice if we got back on the same day release of the Public beta again. Maybe this week that will resume?
It usually corresponds to the beginning of one per week betas. This round seems to be no exception.

TheByteSmasher

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Atlantis
Does Apple books randomly close while locked to be replaced either by music or books with a blank tile for anyone? It does for me on 12.2 ☹️

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
And you know this, how?
[doublepost=1556568822][/doublepost]

People should really not be reporting issues that don't affect them (can skew the bug squashing process). That said, if its happening to you, report it!
[doublepost=1556568877][/doublepost]
It usually corresponds to the beginning of one per week betas. This round seems to be no exception.

Others here said they got it too in the last few betas but they haven’t said if they reported it to Apple yet. I think a focus reporting would help a lot. It’s just weird how Apple hasn’t seen this obvious bug yet. Now I’m sounding like others lol.

My theory on why others aren’t aware or annoyed by this bug is simple, they don’t have a lot of outside WiFi networks saved, and not in a big city.

For example in NYC we have a lot of free WiFi and I got some saved, like my cable network WiFi. What happens is say I leave home, turn for connecting to networks, few minutes later, I’m biking around the city or driving, my phone keeps trying to connect to these networks and interrupting my music streaming or apps I’m trying to use. Each time I go to control center to disable WiFi again. Few mins later it enables again.

Eventually I get frustrated enough I go into settings and turn off WiFi completely. Then when I’m using maps, gps it’s now slow and inaccurate. So I get frustrated again and enable WiFi. It’s a annoying thing.

Keep in mind WiFi is suppose to NOT connect to networks “until tomorrow” when disabled from control center.

Anyways I’ve sent another report to Apple.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Others here said they got it too in the last few betas but they haven’t said if they reported it to Apple yet. I think a focus reporting would help a lot. It’s just weird how Apple hasn’t seen this obvious bug yet. Now I’m sounding like others lol.

My theory on why others aren’t aware or annoyed by this bug is simple, they don’t have a lot of outside WiFi networks saved, and not in a big city.

For example in NYC we have a lot of free WiFi and I got some saved, like my cable network WiFi. What happens is say I leave home, turn for connecting to networks, few minutes later, I’m biking around the city or driving, my phone keeps trying to connect to these networks and interrupting my music streaming or apps I’m trying to use. Each time I go to control center to disable WiFi again. Few mins later it enables again.

Eventually I get frustrated enough I go into settings and turn off WiFi completely. Then when I’m using maps, gps it’s now slow and inaccurate. So I get frustrated again and enable WiFi. It’s a annoying thing.

Keep in mind WiFi is suppose to NOT connect to networks “until tomorrow” when disabled from control center.

Anyways I’ve sent another report to Apple.

What about my VPN suggestion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.