Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
Any final OS version is going to be big as it will likely be the last update a certain set of devices will get. In this case for example iPhone 6.

With that being said, with the release of the Apple Card, Apple needs to nail 12.4 for the sake of these older devices that will no longer get an update combined with they don't want folks with these older devices to have issues with their Apple Card.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
9to5 MAC is reported that multiple sources said that Apple Card is releasing this week.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/07/16/ios-12-4-beta-7-2/
Can you at least state it properly?

“Apple is releasing the seventh developer beta version of the upcoming software update today, one week since beta 6 reached developers. We’ve also heard from multiple anonymous sources that Apple Card would launch this week, but it’s unclear if that will happen based on the beta release.”

Key phrase is “would launch this week”
[doublepost=1563297678][/doublepost]
Any final OS version is going to be big as it will likely be the last update a certain set of devices will get. In this case for example iPhone 6.

With that being said, with the release of the Apple Card, Apple needs to nail 12.4 for the sake of these older devices that will no longer get an update combined with they don't want folks with these older devices to have issues with their Apple Card.
There are many instances over the years of iOS devices getting a X.X.x update after the device is no longer supported in the newer iOS version.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Oh, I think that’s because the profile is installed. If you remove it I think it goes away.

It’s worth noting 9to5Mac said they heard from multiple sources that Apple Card is launching this week.
Please see my direct quote of the 9to5Mac article above. The anonymous sources said it "would" launch this week, prior to this beta being released.

As to the Feedback app. The Feedback app is tied to the Public Beta profile, not the developer. The developer build has the feedback app built in, if Apple so chooses.

AhRiHmAn

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2016
France
Ok so next week this version without the 0 and a , so build 16G577 will probably be the release for everyone.
Do I only need to remove the public beta profile to install the final ?

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Please see my direct quote of the 9to5Mac article above. The anonymous sources said it "would" launch this week, prior to this beta being released.

As to the Feedback app. The Feedback app is tied to the Public Beta profile, not the developer. The developer build has the feedback app built in, if Apple so chooses.
I know, I realized someone posted that already and made an edit.

Friday is still possible. I’ve been really consistent in thinking they’ll launch it on a Friday, and I’m sticking with that.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I know, I realized someone posted that already and made an edit.

Friday is still possible. I’ve been really consistent in thinking they’ll launch it on a Friday, and I’m sticking with that.
I personally believe a Friday launch will never happen. Yes, let’s launch the most anticipated release of the summer right before the weekend, what could possibly go wrong?

You have to realize that Apple is pushing out the card, Goldman Sachs is in control of it. It’s based on their schedule as well. Launching something over the weekend that requires banking operations doesn’t seem logical.
[doublepost=1563300008][/doublepost]However, I am potentially thinking developers may be asked to join the Apple Card beta program like retail employees to see how the servers can handle it before public release.

Reactions: jhall8 and john991

thesheleys

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2008
I personally believe a Friday launch will never happen. Yes, let’s launch the most anticipated release of the summer right before the weekend, what could possibly go wrong?

You have to realize that Apple is pushing out the card, Goldman Sachs is in control of it. It’s based on their schedule as well. Launching something over the weekend that requires banking operations doesn’t seem logical.
[doublepost=1563300008][/doublepost]However, I am potentially thinking developers may be asked to join the Apple Card beta program like retail employees to see how the servers can handle it before public release.

This is what I thought also. Have Developers and maybe even Public Beta join before general release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.