Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
If it dropped this week at all, I think it would be tomorrow. Yeah yeah, I know, they don’t release a public release the same week as a beta. There’s nothing stopping them from doing it though.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I sure hope so! 9to5Mac did say multiple sources told them it was coming this week, so I'm really hoping they drop it today
If you reread the article, those “anonymous” sources said it was going to drop this week before beta 7 came out. Also, the walkie-talkie bug on the Apple Watch likely delayed it all.

Phogro

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2015
Boston, MA
I vaguely remember some previous iOS X.x releases where Apple themselves have put out a press release the morning of release day. Anyone think we'll see a PR from Apple hours before 12.4 goes live? I wouldn't be surprised, especially if 12.4 does include the Apple Card.

Reactions: fonzy91

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I vaguely remember some previous iOS X.x releases where Apple themselves have put out a press release the morning of release day. Anyone think we'll see a PR from Apple hours before 12.4 goes live? I wouldn't be surprised, especially if 12.4 does include the Apple Card.
It’s certainly a possibility. Apple has done it about 4 times that I can remember.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
And Apple likes to launch products on fridays...
Physical products that they can control. This is hardly that. But this seems to only be true for the iPhone and Apple Watch now. iPads and Macs have been launching whenever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.