Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fantomcheung

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2015
there’s no point guessing now. Clearly the software is ready. Depends on when apple wants to launch the card service.

M-Life

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Hol-Leawood
Everyone still channeling their energy towards tomorrow? I've been meditating for 48 hours straight with that goal. I'm not even sure how I'm typing this.

Reactions: Julz0726

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a beta 8. But got to be final this week regardless of Apple Card.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
I think beta 7 is the final build obviously without the beta letter etc but it’s the GM it hopefully comes this week but I think they wanna release it with the official release of the Apple Card, even tho in the U.K. we have to wait to 2020 :(

Phogro

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2015
Boston, MA
it would e best if they gave people a chance to purchase with Apple Card

It's going to take time for Apple Card adoption to ramp up. With a summer release of Apple Card I expect that Apple is actually targeting the holiday shopping season and not back to school.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Apple: Apple Card will be released this summer.

*One month of summer passes with two months left*

Apple customers: If Apple doesn’t release this, they’ve lost credibility.

Reactions: chillip

M-Life

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Hol-Leawood
Apple: Apple Card will be released this summer.

*One month of summer passes with two months left*

Apple customers: If Apple doesn’t release this, they’ve lost credibility.

I get your point, but the idea of "summer" being the time between the Summer Solstice (June 21 approx) and the Autumnal Equinox (Sep 23 approx) is antiquated and mostly irrelevant today. "Summer" in the US is most commonly used to mean the time that school is not in session. Many Midwest schools start up in the next three weeks.

And that doesn't even get into meteorological summer, which varies from location to location.

I'm not attacking you in any way and I agree with your point that no matter how we cut it, there is still lots of time left for the card to be released.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I get your point, but the idea of "summer" being the time between the Summer Solstice (June 21 approx) and the Autumnal Equinox (Sep 23 approx) is antiquated and mostly irrelevant today. "Summer" in the US is most commonly used to mean the time that school is not in session. Many Midwest schools start up in the next three weeks.

And that doesn't even get into meteorological summer, which varies from location to location.

I'm not attacking you in any way and I agree with your point that no matter how we cut it, there is still lots of time left for the card to be released.
Even with that definition, we’re still 42 days until Labor Day (many schools on the east start around that weekend). Plenty of time left.

Reactions: M-Life
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.