Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamiem1987

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Only half of my contacts sync with my 2018 bmw idrive after updating to 13.1, i akipped 13.0 so don’t know if the problem started in .1 - there was no issues on 12.4.1. Anyone noticed similar?

Miki4G

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2017
Italy
My car Bluetooth keeps disconnecting every 1-2 minutes... iPhone pro and iOS 13.1. I have an Opel Mokka with Navi 600. Never had problems with iOS 12. Apple... what are you doing???

Reactions: olafriis

S_Anderson

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
I’m not sure if it’s the operating system or the phone. I had put iOS 13.1 beta 4 on my XS and it seemed to work fine as I recall. When I switched to the iPhone 11 Pro is when things went south. The 13.1 final release didn’t help. Neither the Apple Maps app or Waze will connect audio to my car. And with Waze, the connection to the car drops after a few minutes. Frustrating!!!!

Last edited:

olafriis

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
My car Bluetooth keeps disconnecting every 1-2 minutes... iPhone pro and iOS 13.1. I have an Opel Mokka with Navi 600. Never had problems with iOS 12. Apple... what are you doing???
Similar issue with my Jaguar XE and ios13 since upgrade to iOS 13 (0) non beta on a iPhone 7. Not always but sometimes. My hope was for 13.1 but I reading this was worrying.

Hankh5

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
Only half of my contacts sync with my 2018 bmw idrive after updating to 13.1, i akipped 13.0 so don’t know if the problem started in .1 - there was no issues on 12.4.1. Anyone noticed similar?
I have iPhone 11 tried to put it in my 2016 honda it paired but only few contacts went in
on th other hand loaded it in 2019 lexus it paired and all the contacts went in
it must be a iOS 13 issue

Reactions: PakoQro

jamiem1987

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Interesting, thanks for that - bmw confirmed they have had lots of reports when i spoke to them this morning. They said they are looking into a software update for idrive.

JohnnyGo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2009
Interesting, thanks for that - bmw confirmed they have had lots of reports when i spoke to them this morning. They said they are looking into a software update for idrive.

Did not notice any problems while running iOS 13 betas since July on my 2013 BMW. Usual solution is to forget the pairing in both phone and car and repair as new phone.

S_Anderson

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Here's the latest:

I just spent 102 minutes on the phone with Apple Support describing my problem and essentially getting nowhere. My iPhone 11 Pro will connect via Bluetooth to my car, but it won't stay connected if there's audio involved. My car uses the HFP 1.5 bluetooth protocol, not the latest A2DP protocols that are available in later model cars (my car was built in 2011 as a 2012 model year). I'm supposed to get a call back next week with feedback after they've escalated the case. Since my iPhone XS worked fine, I'm fairly confident that it's how bluetooth was implemented on the iPhone 11 Pro, possibly in conjunction with iOS 13.1. In the meantime, Apple Maps and Waze have no audio.

Dotl

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2019
13.0 and 13.1
Connects to car slowly (Jaguar basic handsfree). Wont download calls list or contacts any more and disconnects while trying, therefore can only call out if I remember the number and dial the keypad, or dial with the handset risking a fine. disconnects and reconnects every ew minutes. Seems to receive calls. Haven't even tried music. Can I go back to iOS 12? Do I need to go back to Samsung?

Reactions: olafriis

olafriis

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Similar issue with my Jaguar XE and ios13 since upgrade to iOS 13 (0) non beta on a iPhone 7. Not always but sometimes. My hope was for 13.1 but I reading this was worrying.
Update: Yepp, same issue with iOS 13.1. It happens after I let's say, stop to let someone off, for fuel, or similar. After that it's not stable any more. Could also be if I have my bluetooth headset on when starting the car. If, I let say, start driving in the morning to work, no other bt headset ever connected yet that day, no stop, it seems to work. No issues before iOS 13.

Here's the latest:

I just spent 102 minutes on the phone with Apple Support describing my problem and essentially getting nowhere. My iPhone 11 Pro will connect via Bluetooth to my car, but it won't stay connected if there's audio involved. My car uses the HFP 1.5 bluetooth protocol, not the latest A2DP protocols that are available in later model cars (my car was built in 2011 as a 2012 model year). I'm supposed to get a call back next week with feedback after they've escalated the case. Since my iPhone XS worked fine, I'm fairly confident that it's how bluetooth was implemented on the iPhone 11 Pro, possibly in conjunction with iOS 13.1. In the meantime, Apple Maps and Waze have no audio.
Do you use a bluetooth headset? Okay, most us do... What if you before you enter your car, turn off your bluetooth headset? Same behavior? Improvements for me. Just trying to nail-it-down.

sookainian

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
Just updated to iOS13.1 on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and having issue with my BMW 5 Series 2018.

Unable to change song using the iDrive. Tried with 2nd iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS13, able to change song using iDrive.

After wards updated my 2nd iPhone 11 Pro Max to iOS13.1 and link to my car again, not able to change song in iDrive.

Anyone notice this ?

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
Just updated to iOS13.1 on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and having issue with my BMW 5 Series 2018.

Unable to change song using the iDrive. Tried with 2nd iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS13, able to change song using iDrive.

After wards updated my 2nd iPhone 11 Pro Max to iOS13.1 and link to my car again, not able to change song in iDrive.

Anyone notice this ?
Working fine for me in my 18 5 series.

Diemenz

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
My wife is having the same issue in her 2019 highlander, I so far have only had 1 disconnect in my 2018 cadillac ats-v. This doesn't seem isolated as I know of two others having this issue with their 11's.

We both has Xs's previous to the 11s and were running 13.1 beta 4 and did not have these issues so it is for sure iPhone 11 based.

S_Anderson

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Do you use a Bluetooth headset? Okay, most us do... What if you before you enter your car, turn off your Bluetooth headset? Same behavior? Improvements for me. Just trying to nail-it-down.

The problem is definitely only with the car and has nothing to do with other devices. I don't use a Bluetooth headset or other Bluetooth devices in the car so I know that's not the issue. I think the problem is that the car supports HFP 1.5 and from what I've uncovered, the iPhone 11 Pro supports HFP 1.7. Not sure if a software update can fix that issue, but I'm hopeful it can.

And in reading about the problems that others are having, I'm guessing there's something more fundamental going on with the software/hardware interaction on the new iPhones. It's frustrating--but on the other hand, it seems that this is the price we have to pay for being "early adopters". We are the official beta testers :(.

And just to stay up to date, 13.1.1 did NOT fix the problem for me.

Last edited:

Jchristie

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2018

Anyone notice this ?

Same. iPhone X worked fine with iOS 13 in my 2015 BMW 2 series. After upgrade to iOS 13.1 (and 13.1.1), can no longer scroll through and select songs with iDrive. Also can't start Podcasts without first opening app on iPhone. Basically have lost all functionality of iDrive with my iPhone.

I've downloaded the latest software update from BMW, but no luck.

FYI software updates are available here: https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

jamiem1987

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Its rubbish, i’ve noticed the napster control has gone unless i first load up the app on my phone then i can control it via bmw idrive, ios13 is the biggest POS i’ve ever experienced with apple. How on earth can they go from 12.4.1 which was rock solid to this shambles?

Jchristie

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2018
How on earth can they go from 12.4.1 which was rock solid to this shambles?

Can't speak to the dropped connections, but the broken playback controls only started after the first patch (13.1). I'd have been less surprised if the initial release of iOS 13 was borked versus the patched version.

jerattan

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2019
I’m having issues with the bluetooth on iOS 13.1 and then 13.1.1 also, lost the scroll function on the car , song information (Toyota Altis 2016) ; it won’t display the song information, loop repeat function is lost also. Previously on iOS 12 everything works fine. The song still plays on the car speaker but no touchscreen control. And it’s not the app, I’m on Apple Music. I downloaded Spotify and it’s the same ; song plays on the car speaker but no information display.
regards, J.

jamiem1987

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
so even after ios 13.1.2 the contacts *STILL* don’t fully sync with my bmw! sort it out Apple!! This is by far the worst ios ever

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.