Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eim2318x

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2019
New Jersey, USA
I been having the same problems even with update 13.2 with my Benz GLC 300 with disconnects 1 or 2 mins
on calls it shows on display of on command disconnect but i on iPhone i just need to switch to speaker to talk and then it goes back to car system and disconnects again. Damn Apple can fix **** for nothing.

maxniomi

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2018
London
yep same with my astra gtc and last night it disconnected while in a call :mad::mad:
I see a link somewhere where you can log faults with apple but not sure now where I see it.
does anyone know the link?

gutma

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
I have a 2019 Mercedes Glc with Command Online and a 2019 Mercedes A class with MBux, since iOS 13.1 I cannot see the songs in the playlists of Apple Music connected by bluetooth, the playlists are empty and have to select on the phone.

tuanische

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2019
Same issues as others. Used a Iphone 6plus for 18 months. Bought the iphone 11 and it has all sorts of issues with F-150 Ford sync. Connects, drops, says it is connected, app closes sometimes. It will be playing on the phone, but no sound and nothing through the speakers. Tried USB line in and that doesnt even work all the time. It was the one thing I loved about my truck, being able to speak hands free and listen to music.

jspuentesg

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2019
Had the disconnection issues previously on my Audi A6 (C7) which were bearable. I've updated to 13.2 and now i get static and robot noise when on calls via the car. Playing music/podcasts is fine, calling via my airpods or my wife's Ford Fiesta is fine just via my Audi is screwed.....

AAAARRRRGGHGHGHGHGGH!!!!!!

hi! I have the same problem in a bmw 320 2014. Do you have any solution for this issue?

och

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2019
Getting a lot of static on my E70 BMW, upgraded to 13.3 today and it still persists. Also, recent calls do not sync. Everything was working great with iOS 12.

jerattan

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2019
Well iOS 13.3 update still did not fix my car player issues. Called my Toyota dealer ; they said car player is supported by Pioneer.

here a photo of touchscreen with BT
235B158E-6739-424F-B5F8-153C8385D203.jpeg

And here’s with dock cable connection:
045D094D-0C6F-4FF4-8970-8197F86C6D16.jpeg

this is Apple Music. Spotify also same.

best regards, Jeremy

gutma

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
I have a 2019 Mercedes GLC with Command Online and a 2019 A Class with MBUX systems and since iOS 13.1 I cannot see my Apple Music Playlists in both cars, something Apple have done and it doesn’t work.

deltahawk5

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2019
11 Pro Max user with an iDrive 4 2016 BMW 4 series. Bluetooth is basically useless. Calls drop, music drops, can't use steering wheel controls, music speeds up and slows down; all from day 1. Can't believe I spent $1400 "upgrading" from my S9+ to deal with this ****. Only work around I've found is to enable and disable bluetooth on either the car or the phone every time I start driving.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I forget which iOS release originally screwed up bluetooth connections in vehicles (iOS 11.x?) but ever since that catastrophe, every iOS release after that seems to have caused some issue with someone's phone and vehicle. Doesn't look like anything has changed or improved.

Reactions: deltahawk5

xrayeyes

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
Finally got some update from car device supplier - iOS13 upgraded Bluetooth AVRCP protocol from version 1.4 to version 1.5. AVRCP is Audio/Video Remote Control Profile. My car player only support version 1.4.

There’s many version of BT profiles (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles)

so, can Apple enable again version 1.4 please?
Did they say when this change happened? I have Siri issues with my bluetooth in my 2017 Subaru Outback since iOS13 update. Will not connect or drops the command before I can even finish a sentence if I'm trying to message over bluetooth.

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015
Still having issues with my bluetooth, but my issue seems to be very specifically related to my phone and watch. Back when the new iPhones and watches came out, I upgraded both...got a new iPhone 11 Pro and an Apple Watch 5. Immediately had bluetooth issues in my Acura, most of the time the connection will be unstable and disconnect/reconnect at the beginning of each song, as the playlist starts each new track. One day I left the house without my watch, and somehow the dropouts stopped. On my commute the next day I tested by turning my AW off and on, sure enough when it's off there's no drop outs. They come back when it's on. So somehow, the BT connection to the watch is interfering with the BT connection to my car. Super annoying. I have reported the issue to Apple, all I can do is hope it gets fixed in future updates but I have no idea if the issue is WatchOS or iOS...

deltahawk5

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2019
No new updates on this issue now since iOS 13 was released. At this point I might as well sell my 11 Max Pro. I spend so much time in my car and always use the bluetooth functions. The last thing I need is a $1400 device causing me frustration.

och

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2019
This is how I feel too, bluetooth has been broken for months and latest 13.3.1 update didnt fix it at all. I will be going with android next time around.

mbalge29

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
I have a 2016 Dodge Journey and my iphone 11 pro max does not stay connected to Uconnect. If it does connect it sometimes will disconnect while you are on call. I have unpaired and re added several times. Sometimes it works but mostly it does not. It's very frustrating. I have no problems with my iphone 8
[automerge]1581793177[/automerge]
No new updates on this issue now since iOS 13 was released. At this point I might as well sell my 11 Max Pro. I spend so much time in my car and always use the bluetooth functions. The last thing I need is a $1400 device causing me frustration.
I am having the same issue. I got my Max pro November and it usually does not stay connected to my car. It's very frustrating because I do a lot of driving.

popcorn-in-sac

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Seattle, WA area
For the entire life of my iPhone 11, my Toyota RAV4 would have all sorts of fits when trying to connect. It would connect and fail, then reconnect, or just connect just fine, or take a really long time connecting, etc. Nothing ever made it get any better. The iPhone XS before it had no such issues.

I now have an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.1 and it the RAV4 is back to operating normally. Connections happen quickly the first time, with no issues. My iPhone 11 with iOS 14.1 still had the same problems.

Pretty hard to believe it wasn't the iPhone 11 itself causing the issues. Whatever Apple did to mess up Bluetooth (for some at least) on the 11 seems resolved (for me) in the 12. I'm sure we'll never know what happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.