Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheCraftDes

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
I have some news.

My X after the update to 13.1.3 now is working fine with Audio BT on my Lexus.

I discover a new icon in the phone screen, when the phone is connected, I have pointed here in the picture attached with a green arrow, you also seen it in scree lock.

I never saw this icons in my phone X when connected.

This icon, when pushed, show a volume slider: it was set at zero, for this reason the sound does not come out from the speaker, with 13.1.2 I wasn't notice of this icon.

It is also possible I did not see it? Maybe.

But today when I connect the phone this RED BRIGHT icon comes up and I see it immediately: this make me think it was not visibile before the update.
If someone know if there was previously please let me know.

BTW, I just slide it and the sound comes out very fine form the speaker, I have also to day the quality is definitely improved too.

BT-LEXUS-01.jpg
BT-LEXUS-02.jpg
BT-LEXUS-03.jpg
BT-LEXUS.jpg

With this I can say that in my Lexus IS300H all the bluetooth issueswas solved and everything is now fine.

I attach some picture here.

I hope this help.

I keep following the discussion if somebody need more info feel free to contact me.

Reactions: DCIFRTHS

wallace1297

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2019
I have just made a more in depth test.. unfortunately my iPhone 11 pro still have the Bluetooth issue and keeps disconnecting from my Opel Mokka MY 2013. So 13.1.3 changed nothing... very bad!
I had the same issue after upgrading to 13.1.3 on iPhone 11. But I remembered I needed to forget and un-pair the saved connection. Created a fresh Bluetooth connection and it worked fine

Last edited:

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
13.1.3 permanently broke Siri Handsfree in my Subaru. 2018 Outback. It once again just says, "Sorry, try again later" and disconnects. It did this when I first updated to 13, but I deleted the Bluetooth phone profile on the phone and the phone from the car, re-paired, and it worked great. Not sure what they did with 13.1.3, but they didn't test it on Subarus!!

Slimzee

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
I have the same issue with random disconnections in my Ford Fiesta 2014 with my Iphone 11 Pro Max. Worked perfectly on my Iphone 7 on ios 12.

wallace1297

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2019
No way.. un-pair and re-pair but disconnecting again... again very disappointed...
I spoke too soon
yesterday after updating to 13.1.3, I tried the Bluetooth connection and it dropped as usual around 1-2 mins. I cleared the history and connection and created a new pairing. This time after 6 mins of talk in my Highlander - the Bluetooth did not drop.
Well, the very next morning I was on a call and sure enough the call drops around 1-2 min.
I am not going to restore my phone as "new" which apple techs suggest I try next. I'll wait for the next iOS update

WillowTrees

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2019
Issues here as well with iPhone 11 Pro, 2017 Mazda MX-5 and iOS 13.1.2. Re-paired numerous times. Music plays and can seem to make calls but hands free Siri is a no go. Hey Siri acts like it tries to respond via car Bluetooth (it did previously on my iPhone XS) but then the connection drops and Siri responses can’t be heard. Triple checked all voice feedback and audio level settings. Siri just won’t respond via Bluetooth audio. She will respond on screen or through the iPhone speaker fine.

Same exact problem with 2016.5 CX-5 and 13.1.3. I swear it worked with the original 13 release. Also fails on all 13.2 Public Betas I’ve tried. CarPlay, for what it’s worth, works ok though. Frustrating that all these releases “fix Bluetooth issues with certain cars” but never ours :(

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015
Updated to 13.2 Beta 3 and still having issues. Bluetooth drop-outs seem less random though. This morning on the drive in to work it would disconnect/reconnect every time the track changed, right at the beginning of the new song.

The wired USB "ipod" interface has improved a little, I can now skip tracks with the steering wheel but anything else pretty much crashes the system.

EVG

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2019
2019 Rav4 with 13.1.3 and 11 Pro. Takes a long time to sync up bluetooth but once it does it's ok. Sometimes up to 5 minutes of driving before it even sees the phone.

MartySSmith

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2019
2017 Mini Cooper JCW iDrive still doesn't work with 13.1.3. Connects but does not allow play selection from the car, only next and previous track. Is definitely iOS 13. iPhone XS Max with iOS 12 worked fine. iOS 13 broke it and reverting to iOS 12 restored functionality.

OlenErik

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2019
I just tried this in a 2017 6 series and all my contacts synced. Try deleting your phone from the car, deleting your car from the phone then rebooting the phone and reconnecting.

Cannot confirm if the dropped calls is fixed as my car is at the dealer getting the winters put on and they gave me the 6 series as a loaner and my wife is working today so wont be able to check till later.
I am new to this site. I have iPhone X and a 2016 BMW. Suddenly, after updating to ios 13.1.3 my phone is acting up. My contacts appear, and I can make and receive calls. However, the callers cannot hear me even though I can hear them clearly. What's going on with Apple? I'm wondering if I completely eliminate my phone from synching with the car and resynch them if it will fix the problem? Anyone have any insights? Regardless, I'm convinced the problem is not the car but the phone. As a long time iPhone guy, I'm seriously thinking of dumping Apple for an Android. I appreciate thoughts on that, too. Thanks in advance for any ideas you can share.

GeneveLancy

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2019
Since I updated to an iPhone 11 pro from my iPhone 8 I cannot connect to my 2018 Range Rover, my wife’s 2019 Golf or my sons 2014 Fiesta. I have kept updating the software but it makes no difference. I spoke to JLR and VW they just say it is an Apple problem and they cannot help.
My iPhone 11 will also not connect to my Bluetooth B&O music speakers. It also drops the connection to my iPods after about 30sec of a call.
Over the weekend my wife updated her iPhone 7 to the latest s/w version. Now her phone connects to Bluetooth in the car but cannot make or receive calls.
We spoke to Apple support for over an hour but they have no solution. They admitted they did not know when there would be a solution. They just advised to keep updating the S/W.
What are Apple playing at, there reputation is going down the pan, there are many many forums reporting on this since the beginning of September.

HardTimesUK

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2019
Liverpool, UK
Initial tests for me, calls no longer seem to be disconnecting from my BMW now (iPhone 11 Pro). I have been running 13.2 beta's and it's slowly been improving. Now on public release 13.2 and this morning the car held the call for around 35 mins.

Fingers crossed this is finally sorted.

Reactions: Silvestrus

orbital247

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2017
Had the disconnection issues previously on my Audi A6 (C7) which were bearable. I've updated to 13.2 and now i get static and robot noise when on calls via the car. Playing music/podcasts is fine, calling via my airpods or my wife's Ford Fiesta is fine just via my Audi is screwed.....

AAAARRRRGGHGHGHGHGGH!!!!!!

Scorched_again

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
I have been having the same problem with both my car's hands free and my add-on from Grom that streams Bluetooth music in my 2004 Lexus LS430. My iPhone 7 worked with both. Now my iPhone 11 does not work with either. In the process of trying to trouble shoot all possibilities I have gone past the 14 day return policy which seems to be a consumer rights problem to me. I could live without the music streaming but the flaky hands free phone issue is downright dangerous. I had to go buy a Plantronics headset just to fix a problem with the world's most expensive iPhone.
And as long as Tim Cook gets chauffeured around this issue will never get fixed. He has no use for car Bluetooth. He sits in the back and makes calls on his phone, and listens to music on his AirPods so he has no need for hands free and therefore there is no pressure from the top to get this resolved. Besides, people will buy AirPods as a workaround to fix this problem anyway - right?

HardTimesUK

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2019
Liverpool, UK
I thought my issue was fixed but sadly it disconnected again this morning running 13.2. No idea why this is such an issue and when they're finally going to fix it but I'm slowly losing my patience now.

wallace1297

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2019
iOS 13.2 works in my Toyota Highlander - no more drops
Don't forget - you'll need to deleted the old paired connection from both the phone and the vehicle. Then create a fresh connection

Last edited:

popcorn-in-sac

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Seattle, WA area
iOS 13.2 doesn't seem to be any better in my 2019 Toyota RAV4. Still have delays in connecting, failures to connect, and also occasional disconnects. More often than not, when it does connect, it stays connected.

HardTimesUK

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2019
Liverpool, UK
Mine is much more improved but it did disconnect again this morning on a call. It reconnects quite quickly but still the odd drop when on a call sadly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.