Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diemenz

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
so even after ios 13.1.2 the contacts *STILL* don’t fully sync with my bmw! sort it out Apple!! This is by far the worst ios ever

I just tried this in a 2017 6 series and all my contacts synced. Try deleting your phone from the car, deleting your car from the phone then rebooting the phone and reconnecting.

Cannot confirm if the dropped calls is fixed as my car is at the dealer getting the winters put on and they gave me the 6 series as a loaner and my wife is working today so wont be able to check till later.

jamiem1987

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
tried repairing deleting / factory restores to idrive and it still doesn’t sync all the contacts. it’s all over the bmw forums (which are currently down).

S_Anderson

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
I’m not sure if it’s the operating system or the phone. I had put iOS 13.1 beta 4 on my XS and it seemed to work fine as I recall. When I switched to the iPhone 11 Pro is when things went south. The 13.1 final release didn’t help. Neither the Apple Maps app or Waze will connect audio to my car. And with Waze, the connection to the car drops after a few minutes. Frustrating!!!!

And for the record, 13.1.1 nor 13.1.2 did anything to help the situation. And I can't make or receive phone calls in the car either! I was on the phone last week with Apple for over 90 minutes with no resolution. They are supposed to call me back on Wednesday so we'll see where that leads.

Jchristie

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2018
What is 13.1.2? Did a new release just come out?
Apple seems to be rushing out fixes for their latest OS. One of the supposed fixes with 13.1.2 is the following: "Addresses an issue where Bluetooth may disconnect on certain vehicles"

So anyone experiencing the dropped connections should probably update.

I wasn't having any connection issues myself, but I'm still unable to scroll through playlists and pick a specific song. I am however now apparently able to play podcasts without first loading the app.

Miki4G

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2017
Italy
I also can confirm that this update didn't solve the issue on my Opel Mokka 2013 with Navi 600. The iphone keeps connecting and disconnecting, also seems worse than before... :-(

TheCraftDes

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
Hi, if this can help I have some feedback as a Lexus user from Italy.

• IS300H from2017

• of course everything work well before 13.0 (handsfree, connected services, music via bluetooth and so on) all was prefect;

• after iOs13.1.2 I cannot more listen the music via multimedia system: phione connect, I can see the cover, and so on, but not sound at all;

• contact transfer work fine with iOS 13.1.2;

• handsfree is working but disconnect sometimes: I have to tested more;

• connected services use the hot-spot and data so no problem at the moment: but with 13.1.1 it was impossible to connect with the service and a message appear on the screen of the Lexus multimedia system asking to contatc lexusportal.eu (that is dicountinued!) for an "update".
Lexus, contacted, doesn't know nothing about it (but this is usual: customer care from Lexus Italy had no totally idea on how their system work!)
Anyway with iOS13.1.2 it seems the message disappear and the connected service started to work again;

I am no confident to repairing via BT the phone with the car, to avoid any mess, because I prefer the connected service work instead the music: connected services are very useful and important, so I wait is some more update can come (by the way as a Apple user since 1989 I never seen so many updates in a week!)

If you are a Lexus user and what to share any new issue please, I hope you can add some info to the discussion.

Thank you for your attention.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012

• IS300H from2017

• of course everything work well before 13.0 (handsfree, connected services, music via bluetooth and so on) all was prefect;

• after iOs13.1.2 I cannot more listen the music via multimedia system: phione connect, I can see the cover, and so on, but not sound at all;

• connected services use the hot-spot and data so no problem at the moment: but with 13.1.1 it was impossible to connect with the service and a message appear on the screen of the Lexus multimedia system asking to contatc lexusportal.eu (that is dicountinued!) for an "update".
Lexus, contacted, doesn't know nothing about it (but this is usual: customer care from Lexus Italy had no totally idea on how their system work!)
Anyway with iOS13.1.2 it seems the message disappear and the connected service started to work again;

I am no confident to repairing via BT the phone with the car, to avoid any mess, because I prefer the connected service work instead the music: connected services are very useful and important, so I wait is some more update can come (by the way as a Apple user since 1989 I never seen so many updates in a week!)

If you are a Lexus user and what to share any new issue please, I hope you can add some info to the discussion.

2017 Lexus NX 300h here and bluetooth is solid but it does not sync favourites or contacts and some bluetooth apps have really quiet audio. It's not a lexus issue as it all worked before (although the lexus infotainment system is shockingly bad).

TheCraftDes

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
2017 Lexus NX 300h here and bluetooth is solid but it does not sync favourites or contacts and some bluetooth apps have really quiet audio. It's not a lexus issue as it all worked before (although the lexus infotainment system is shockingly bad).

Thank you for your feedback.

I agree that the MMS of the cars are not responsible this time... for sure the recent update of iOS make a mess.
I really hope the probelm will be solved.

Do you also use the "connected services"?

Carluf

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
I'm also having problems connecting to my car (Renault Megane IV 2016). It connects but then drops the connection after a few seconds over and over again. I can't even play music from my phone.
I removed my iPhone and forget the source both on my car and my phone and nothing works, disable the contact sync didn't worked for me.
And the problem happens in my iPhone 8, SE and my wife's 6s, with ios 13.1.2.
Just downgraded my 8 to 12.4.1 and everything works fine. Can't stay in 12.4.1 because i have a apple watch already in watchos 6.
Please Apple solve this ASAP.

trsblader

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
2014 Hyundai without official Car Play had the issues you guys are talking about, and works fine now after doing the "Forget This Device" on my iPhone 8 and deleting the connection from the car itself. Setup as new and it all started working immediately on 13.1.2. Anyone else with a Hyundai or Kia may see this resolved as well now.

MN7119

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
iOS13 is the worst product ever released by Apple. Since the launch date I got a new iPhone 11 Pro and my iCloud photos are still downloading. Yes, it has been over 10 days and I still don't have my photos on my phone. Also, bluetooth to my car has been useless. I ask anything to Siri and there is no sound. Useless!!!!!

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

I agree that the MMS of the cars are not responsible this time... for sure the recent update of iOS make a mess.
I really hope the probelm will be solved.

Do you also use the "connected services"?
Uk model so no connected services. Just music and phone calls on a painfully slow interface.

Lughost30

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2019
I have the same problem in my 2017 megane. The only one solution to listen my music via spotify is to turn off bluetooth and plug in my xs max in usb as ipod...be quick apple !
[automerge]1570000845[/automerge]
I'm also having problems connecting to my car (Renault Megane IV 2016). It connects but then drops the connection after a few seconds over and over again. I can't even play music from my phone.
I removed my iPhone and forget the source both on my car and my phone and nothing works, disable the contact sync didn't worked for me.
And the problem happens in my iPhone 8, SE and my wife's 6s, with ios 13.1.2.
Just downgraded my 8 to 12.4.1 and everything works fine. Can't stay in 12.4.1 because i have a apple watch already in watchos 6.
Please Apple solve this ASAP.

I have the same problem in my 2017 megane. The only one solution to listen my music via spotify is to turn off bluetooth and plug in my xs max in usb as ipod...be quick apple !

sm9449

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2019
I have the same issue with my Toyota Fortuner 2017. Everything worked well with iOS 12. Now with iOS 13.1.2 I don’t see the play list, Contacts Sync hang at 42% progress. Song Name not displayed. Bluetooth calls received on Car are sketchy. All problems began with iOS13. I then connected my wife’s iPhone 8 iOS 12.4 to my car and it works perfectly. So clearly a iOS Bluetooth stack problem. Poor QA by Apple.

Nishant

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2010
PA
I have had a problem with my 16 BMW and wireless CarPlay. It used to auto connect and start car play as soon as I got in the car/started it. Now, I have to manually go in and connect it under "mobile connections." a few times, it wouldn't even connect doing that. its been quite annoying...

TheCraftDes

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
After several trial I can confirm in my Lexus IS300H 2017 everything work well but not the bluetooth connection to listen music or podcast from my iPhone X with 13.1.2

handsfree: ok
connected services: ok
contacts: ok

music: no
podcast: no

Hankh5

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019

• IS300H from2017

I have a 2019 lexus es 350deleted old phone iPhone 6s and down loaded iPhone 11 and contacts went in also no problem here with new phone

TheCraftDes

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
I have a 2019 lexus es 350deleted old phone iPhone 6s and down loaded iPhone 11 and contacts went in also no problem here with new phone

Thanks for your experience.

contacts are ok with iOs 13.1.2 I think Lexus has no problems.
But what about Bluetooth with music?

have you tried?

Diemenz

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
13.2 beta 1 actually made the issues in the Toyota Highlander worse, it now will disconnect and not reconnect without turning off the car. Yikes.

My Cadillac does not have those issues on 13.2 beta 1

edkotch

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
2009 porsche... iphone11 pro on 13.1.2...

car recognizes the phone and syncs contacts but bluetooth audio on calls doesn't work at all... and eventually the phone disconnects and car searches for it again endlessly.

So lame.

Reactions: jbachandouris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.