Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benhinc

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017
I seem to be having a bigger issue than most here. It's not that my iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.1.2 doesn't work when connected to my 2013 Dodge Dart, it won't reconnect between sessions and most of the time won't even be discovered by the car.

I have started from scratch with the car several times by deleting all Bluetooth devices and re-pairing. Typically when I start he pairing process on the car's Uconnect system, it never even shows up on my phone. I was able to get to show up once after trying the "turn bluetooth off, hard reset iPhone, turn bluetooth back on" trick. After that pairing was complete, the phone was able to play back audio but it was choppy and speeding up and slowing down randomly. When I turned the car off and back on, while Uconnect remained as an available device on the phone and the phone remained in the car's system, the car reported that the phone was out of range when I tried to connect them despite being inches from the radio.

After this, I deleted the phone from the car and the car from the phone and tried the same hard reset trick to re-pair it. It didn't work. I decided to try to pair an old iPad I have running iOS 12 and guess what — it worked perfectly. Also, after pairing the iPad, the iPhone once again showed up when I started the pairing process. It worked better this time but yet again, turning the car off and back on made them unable to find each other.

Since the iPad worked fine, I have to believe it's iOS 13-related. Oddly, the issue is limited to my 2013 Dodge Dart with the Uconnect system. My 2015 Mazda CX-5 works flawlessly with the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

TheCraftDes

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
A couple of friends tell me they have many problems also with non Apple headphones and speakers.

smiles813

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
Add my iphone 11 pro to the list. Multiple bluetooth devices randomly drop and the only way to pair is to enter pair mode again and again.

TheCraftDes

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
This appears on an Italian Mac Blog a couple of days ago:

“The reasons for this is in the fact that Apple in IOS 13 has made profound changes to the operation of Bluetooth in iOS 13.

For example, now applications and sites that previously used Bluetooth to track the user's location must request authorization.

In addition to this, today there is also the possibility of connecting two different devices, not to mention the innovations that have been applied to the connectivity of the "in-house" earphones: AirPods and Beats”

sorry for the rough translation.

following they suggest a series of “solutions” like “un-pair/re-pair” or “set again network preferences“ and “soft reset” or “hard reset” at the end suggest to set up the phone from scratch like a “new phone”.

?

Miki4G

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2017
Italy
This appears on an Italian Mac Blog a couple of days ago:

“The reasons for this is in the fact that Apple in IOS 13 has made profound changes to the operation of Bluetooth in iOS 13.

For example, now applications and sites that previously used Bluetooth to track the user's location must request authorization.

In addition to this, today there is also the possibility of connecting two different devices, not to mention the innovations that have been applied to the connectivity of the "in-house" earphones: AirPods and Beats”

sorry for the rough translation.

following they suggest a series of “solutions” like “un-pair/re-pair” or “set again network preferences“ and “soft reset” or “hard reset” at the end suggest to set up the phone from scratch like a “new phone”.

?

Hi, I tried all of the solutions above but without success... unfortunately none of them worked for me. My iPhone 11 Pro keeps connecting and disconnecting form my Opel Mokka MY 2013. No way how to fix it. At the moment I don't use car Bluetooth. So disappointed. Cheers.

Mystic Eddy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
I’m having issues with a 17.5MY Ford Focus. I’ve applied the latest Sync 3 update from Ford but the voice control/long press for Siri button now causes her to say she’s having issues with the connection and to try again later. Using Hey Siri works flawlessly. Only happened since updating to iOS 13.

shaun3000

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2006
My wife and I both have the 11 Pro on the latest OS. I have had no issues in my 2014 Toyota Camry, but she has constant disconnects in her 2016 4Runner. Audio and text messaging work fine but phone calls cause constant disconnects.

dotdesign

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2019
My car Bluetooth keeps disconnecting every 1-2 minutes... iPhone pro and iOS 13.1. I have an Opel Mokka with Navi 600. Never had problems with iOS 12. Apple... what are you doing???

Same with me - My car Bluetooth keeps disconnecting every 1-2 minutes... iPhone pro and iOS 13.1.

TexasAggie013

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2016
I’ve had good luck turning off contact sync on two iPhone X’s (13.1.2). No issues with Bluetooth staying connected after disabling that feature.
Curious to see if that will work for anyone else.

Reactions: Silvestrus

Miki4G

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2017
Italy
Just an update... I tested my father's iPhone XS and it stays connected without issues... just put back my 11 Pro and bluetooth keeps disconnecting again... so I understood that the problem is the new iPhone ...

And I am wondering if the new chip (I think is called U1) for bluetooth tile can have something to do with this issue... maybe this is the cause for not having presented the new gadget that Apple has built...???

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I have bluetooth issues on my XS but no disconnecting. That does seem to be an XI problem.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
I have an iPhone 11 on iOS 13.1.2 and it has a nightmare of a time with the Parrot Bluetooth I have fitted to the works van.

It will connect and look like it’s working properly, but go to make a call and the thing starts beeping repeatedly meanwhile the phone has dialled and connected the call in your pocket.

I deleted and repaired the iPhone after 13.1.2 came out as that was the supposed fix for this issue, however it’s not fixed.

My Bluetooth headphones work fine though, I have not tested Bluetooth for that long in my car as that is normally connected via carplay.

My old XR on iOS13 never had this issue.

jamiem1987

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Contacts still don’t fully sync on the newly released 13.1.3 in my bmw, it’s all over the 5 series / 3 series forums now - absolutely amazed Apple or BMW haven’t sorted this by now!

Silvestrus

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2018
Contacts still don’t fully sync on the newly released 13.1.3 in my bmw, it’s all over the 5 series / 3 series forums now - absolutely amazed Apple or BMW haven’t sorted this by now!

It's not just BMW. Many other models are affected as well. Confirmed. Still having issues on 13.1.3. If I turn contact sync on and try to listen to Deezer over BT, connection drops frequently.

TheCraftDes

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
And in my opinion is not only 11.

I have an X with 13.1.2 as said, every work with my Lexus IS300H MY2017, but Audio Bluetooth, only for the music does not work: I see the cover on the screen of the multimedia system, I can change the song, but no music from the speaker.
I phone X with previous iOS work perfectly.

RichSJ

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2019
Brand new to the forum, so if my entry does not follow protocol, I apologize.

While it seems a bit like "piling on", I have had audio/music problems using my ancient iPhone 6S in my Lexus MY2015 GS350 after moving to 13.1.2. The first time I drive the car since the day before, all is fine. If I run to the store and return to the car in less than 30 minutes, the phone syncs, but when the music begins to play, it lasts approximately 1 second and then silence. If I depress the CD Play button, i.e. the one immediately adjacent on the right of the CD loading slot, the music starts and is fine until I stop the car.

It sounds stupid and is a bit difficult to explain, but I also think it is BlueTooth issue. I eagerly await a fix from Apple, as there is little I can do to even analyze the problem to give more data to Apple.

TheCraftDes

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
Brand new to the forum, so if my entry does not follow protocol, I apologize.

While it seems a bit like "piling on", I have had audio/music problems using my ancient iPhone 6S in my Lexus MY2015 GS350 after moving to 13.1.2. The first time I drive the car since the day before, all is fine. If I run to the store and return to the car in less than 30 minutes, the phone syncs, but when the music begins to play, it lasts approximately 1 second and then silence. If I depress the CD Play button, i.e. the one immediately adjacent on the right of the CD loading slot, the music starts and is fine until I stop the car.

It sounds stupid and is a bit difficult to explain, but I also think it is BlueTooth issue. I eagerly await a fix from Apple, as there is little I can do to even analyze the problem to give more data to Apple.

As I have a Lexus I have to say that in my IS300H all is working flawless ... but the only problem comes form Audio Bluetooth: no way to have the sound trying several tricks.

I have just update my X to 13.1.3, in about an hour I come home for the lunch, so I can try on car... I let you know if they solved the problem.

Miki4G

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2017
Italy
I have updated to 13.1.3 and for the moment is seems no more issue, for what I have tested now my 11 Pro stays connected; no more disconnections. If I wil notice something strange I'll post soon. Otherwise... thanks Apple, very appreciated. Ciao!

Jchristie

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2018

And for what it's worth, all the other iDrive interface issues are also still present, like not being able to scroll through and select a specific song in a playlist.

Miki4G

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2017
Italy
I have updated to 13.1.3 and for the moment is seems no more issue, for what I have tested now my 11 Pro stays connected; no more disconnections. If I wil notice something strange I'll post soon. Otherwise... thanks Apple, very appreciated. Ciao!
I have just made a more in depth test.. unfortunately my iPhone 11 pro still have the Bluetooth issue and keeps disconnecting from my Opel Mokka MY 2013. So 13.1.3 changed nothing... very bad!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.