Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TheByteSmasher

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Atlantis
Has anyone else noticed that (especially at night) with this and the last update that colors look washed out? I bought an OLED screen for three vibrancy and now it's gone☹️ iPhone Xs

Darkhorse1

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2019
U got to luv Apple for this, yes IOS 13 was very buggy and they pushed it out to the public way to early but u have to give them credit for all the updates since squashing bugs per each release, it's still far from perfect but if this was Android they would still be on IOS 13, very slow interms of fixing bugs like Apple doesz

CHA05 R31GN5

Suspended
Oct 31, 2019
United States
U got to luv Apple for this, yes IOS 13 was very buggy and they pushed it out to the public way to early but u have to give them credit for all the updates since squashing bugs per each release, it's still far from perfect but if this was Android they would still be on IOS 13, very slow interms of fixing bugs like Apple doesz
This is untrue about Android. Perhaps, particular manufacturer's support and their implementation for Android. But the Android project receives plenty of bug fixes daily with releases nightly for devs. Apple's doesn't match the Android dev releases and number of pushes for fixes. So, if you have someone to blame, then it should be the manufacturer's use and support. Which is why, I always suggest a Google Pixel. Monthly updates and mandatory 3-year support for software releases. However, the original Pixel still received Android 10, even though this was past its support cycle.

Reactions: Never mind

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
I’m not even getting email notifications on the lock screen. They work one minute and not the next. Is that the same for everyone?

Darkhorse1

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2019
This is untrue about Android. Perhaps, particular manufacturer's support and their implementation for Android. But the Android project receives plenty of bug fixes daily with releases nightly for devs. Apple's doesn't match the Android dev releases and number of pushes for fixes. So, if you have someone to blame, then it should be the manufacturer's use and support. Which is why, I always suggest a Google Pixel. Monthly updates and mandatory 3-year support for software releases. However, the original Pixel still received Android 10, even though this was past its support cycle.
That's what I mean when I say Android update, usually it's the google phones that get the updates first and then if u use a Samsung phone u have to wait a week or two if not more to receive the update, I noticed they have a list of handset brands that get the updates quicker than others.
[automerge]1574159718[/automerge]
As I said IOS 13 is still far from being perfect but Apple is showing its doing the right thing by releasing these updates one after the other, I have to say though, with IOS 13 it is very odd the number of issues that were in the GM version considering they based IOS 12 mainly about getting the software bug free than adding new features, who knows maybe it was a new team that developed IOS 13, but clearly it was below Apple standards, but also maybe because Apple did change alot of the infrastructure of IOS 13 compared to IOS 12, that's why we are seeing so many issues, but once Apple gets on top of it, we will be happy with the end result, alot of stuff is beening held back feature wise by Apple in IOS 13 until they iron out the bugs, we just have to be patient I suppose, but I still prefer IOS any day over Android

Last edited:

jschnee21

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Has anyone else noticed that (especially at night) with this and the last update that colors look washed out? I bought an OLED screen for three vibrancy and now it's gone iPhone Xs

In general I’m very underwhelmed with the OLED on my XSM in comparison to all prior LCDs.

Yes, I agree when the OLED is set to low brightness there seems to be much less contrast between bright and dark areas. I’ve seen this since getting my XSM on launch day. I drive a lot at night and am sensitive to bright lights. I find the XSM much harder to read/see fine detail (despite the much larger screen) with the backlight reduced — despite being as bright or brighter (annoying) than my prior 6s.

This coupled with only a marginally brighter display in full sun and the PWM associated eyestrain and periodic headaches make Apple OLED a huge fail in my mind

• Haha
Reactions: Kram Sacul

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Do you mean Outlook.com? Microsoft's web mail? If you look *there*, is the mail in the Trash? Is it in the Inbox? Is it in both places? How long does it take to migrate back?

Honestly curious. I'm still on iOS 12 and haven't seen any reason to allow the upgrade, for me Mail *has* to work.
I have now deleted and reinstated my Outlook account and the rogue emails have gone.

lets see if this poxy Mail app works properly now

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
So if this update does not fix male issues and does not fix photos reappearing in the detail section of an iMessage thread what exactly is the purpose of this update? Has anyone noticed any other bug fixes or new features whatsoever? I’m just really disappointed that Apple specifically mentions that they fix something and the release notes however nobody on this board is saying that the issue is fixed with Mail and iMessage thread photos in the details section

TheByteSmasher

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Atlantis
In general I’m very underwhelmed with the OLED on my XSM in comparison to all prior LCDs.

Yes, I agree when the OLED is set to low brightness there seems to be much less contrast between bright and dark areas. I’ve seen this since getting my XSM on launch day. I drive a lot at night and am sensitive to bright lights. I find the XSM much harder to read/see fine detail (despite the much larger screen) with the backlight reduced — despite being as bright or brighter (annoying) than my prior 6s.

This coupled with only a marginally brighter display in full sun and the PWM associated eyestrain and periodic headaches make Apple OLED a huge fail in my mind

I agree with all that, but I didn't have as big of an issue until the last 2 updates. It changed big-time in 13.2 or 13.2.X

CHA05 R31GN5

Suspended
Oct 31, 2019
United States
That's what I mean when I say Android update, usually it's the google phones that get the updates first and then if u use a Samsung phone u have to wait a week or two if not more to receive the update, I noticed they have a list of handset brands that get the updates quicker than others.
Again, you're quite clueless about ANDROID. However, Google should have more stringent requirements for the licensing of their mobile services to ensure more uniform use and greater longevity of the underlying kernel for devices. I believe if Google had started off with requiring manufacturers to have standardized support of phones for 2-3 major OS versions to include their mobile services, then you would have consistent growth, instead of fluctuations. I give Apple credit for starting off with support of their iPhones to have at least 2-3 major OS updates for them. Of course, you can do that if you're the proprietor of the OS and hardware. Android user base was helped out when Google decided to release the Pixel. Phenomenal phone and I consider it not much different in the UI experience than any iPhone I've used.

I'm not going to be biased on which is better because iOS 13 and Android 10 both have practically the same UI experience and features. Lately, my displeasure with iOS is the the integration of continuity and handoff with my other devices has been intermittent lately since 10.15 and 13.x. Apple released 13.2 which bricked my HomePod and I've moved on from that speaker back to a naim QB. ***** handoff has broken with copy/paste between my devices, as well, that was fine before on 10.14 and iOS 12.x. Over time, as these other Apple products reach EOL for me, then they'll be replaced with alternative products. It's not reasonable for me to accept the quality of software releases lately for a product that costs much more than other devices, regardless of all the hoopla that some fanatics on here want to church up Apple itself. The majority wouldn't have a valid argument as to why one OS is "better" than another and they use retarded thought processes like, "it cost more money so it's got to be better."

Askinas

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2014
My Safari in Dark mode is still bug :(
Looks like I have to turn the phone to the side and the back again.

bebarhood

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2019
I've updated my iPhone Xs to iOS 13.2.3 and noticed that when I play my Podcast, via wire on my car, it disconnects the device after a few seconds. I have to turn the car audio back on to hit play.

Never had this issue with previous iOS releases.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Still having the same problem as you. Apps update but still show in App Store as needing to be updated.
Yeah, I've got 20 apps now that need to be updated and every time I try to update all or individual it won't and it'll show the update button again. I have no problem downloading new apps. This is one of the most annoying bugs, hopefully if there's a Beta today it solves this issue.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Installing on iPhone 7+ now. Downloading on iTunes for iPad Mini as well. I had trouble downloading OTA on the iPad Mini.
[automerge]1574177686[/automerge]
Installing via iTunes now. I didn't note the file size - something over 4GB, IIRC. It's impressive how long it takes even a very fast SoC like the A13.

I downloaded 4 GB in 4 minutes - so yes, impressive. Though smaller updates would be nicer.
[automerge]1574178362[/automerge]
Mail bodies are doing a better job loading now. I don't see blank emails now. Notes is still broken. Push from macOS is working. Push from iOS on my iPhone 7+ is still broken. My iPad Mini is still updating. The biggest issue for me is Notes updating. I just type stuff in again on macOS if it hasn't updated.

Update: changes get pushed from the iPad Mini. So the problem is just on the iPhone 7+. I may need to do one of the cleanup procedures mentioned earlier. For now, I guess I should just favor the iPad Mini for doing Notes Updates.

Last edited:

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
I'm not sure how long this has been a feature in iMessage but I just did a pinch to zoom (in or out) on a message and it quickly took me to the message selection menu.

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
Not sure if its from the 13.2.3 update but this morning while my iPhone X (non jailbroken) was charging I noticed my screen go black and then the Apple logo showed up for a few seconds and it went back to the lock screen. This happened as I was doing a manual backup. When I checked the crash logs I saw a "Panic Full" report. First time its happened to me since owning the phone from July 2018. Crossing fingers it's not a regular occurrence.

Last edited:

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Has anyone else noticed that (especially at night) with this and the last update that colors look washed out? I bought an OLED screen for three vibrancy and now it's gone☹ iPhone Xs

Exactly. I was wondering what was wrong with my phone. I have to keep the brightness really high at night. I hope this gets fixed.

CCX

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2019
USA
RAM seems to have taken a slight step backwards on my 11pm coming from 13.2.2... previously I would have about 15-20 safari tabs open, messages, airmail (email) Tweetbot, amazon and YouTube/Netflix/Prime Video. 13.2.3 and I can only manage to keep open 1/3-1/2 or the tabs, messages, and one other app, and even still the other app (Amazon in particular) will constantly close in the background. Also battery drain seems a slight bit worse on 13.2.3. 13.2.2 was by far the best battery I’ve had since 13.1.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.