Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
RAM seems to have taken a slight step backwards on my 11pm coming from 13.2.2... previously I would have about 15-20 safari tabs open, messages, airmail (email) Tweetbot, amazon and YouTube/Netflix/Prime Video. 13.2.3 and I can only manage to keep open 1/3-1/2 or the tabs, messages, and one other app, and even still the other app (Amazon in particular) will constantly close in the background. Also battery drain seems a slight bit worse on 13.2.3. 13.2.2 was by far the best battery I’ve had since 13.1.1
It would be interesting to see other people chime in on these two variables, battery and ram. If your experience is consistent with others than I’ll be staying on 13.2.2. I have an 11PM as well and battery ? is pretty damn good right now

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
RAM seems to have taken a slight step backwards on my 11pm coming from 13.2.2... previously I would have about 15-20 safari tabs open, messages, airmail (email) Tweetbot, amazon and YouTube/Netflix/Prime Video. 13.2.3 and I can only manage to keep open 1/3-1/2 or the tabs, messages, and one other app, and even still the other app (Amazon in particular) will constantly close in the background. Also battery drain seems a slight bit worse on 13.2.3. 13.2.2 was by far the best battery I’ve had since 13.1.1
Weird. I was feeling the opposite on my regular 7. I’m noticing more apps and tabs staying in memory after this update! Whenever you open a heavy ram app like say Pokémon go or the camera things get flushed out like they should but if I haven’t opened the camera or Pokémon go for a long time and have opened a bunch of other apps like say YouTube, Instagram, Tweetbot, safari, mail, messages, overcast, the list goes on safari.... they all stay in memory for a long time. I’d say it’s working as intended and very similar to 12.4.1 for me on my 7. And battery has been solid. Same as iOS 12.
[automerge]1574188780[/automerge]
I still miss my iPhone 5 on iOS 6 though. At the time it’s ram and processor was so overpowered for the software and it kept like all the apps and safari tabs in memory all the time!! Those were the days. Maybe we do need 6GB of ram in the newer devices to get back to that kind of awesome ram management.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I’m on iOS 12 on iPhone 7+ is it worth updating? Or is it still buggy
Unless there’s a compelling reason to update I would wait till 13.3 to be released. It’s not bug free but so much better than 13.0 that it really should have been the first general release. Although currently on my 11 Pro Max the current 13.2.2/.3 is pretty good. But the processor in that phone is pretty far ahead of your 7, your experience could be very different. We’re talking maybe a couple of weeks, I’d wait.

CCX

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2019
USA
It would be interesting to see other people chime in on these two variables, battery and ram. If your experience is consistent with others than I’ll be staying on 13.2.2. I have an 11PM as well and battery ? is pretty damn good right now
Depending on how it performs over the next few days, I may DFU back to 13.2.2. There’s really nothing I can do aside from watch how things go at this point. Anytime I update, I do so through Finder on my MacBook and I always reset all my device settings and start fresh just in case. Paint in the a** but the slight hassle is worth it in terms of overall performance thereafter

punkdthrice

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2017
Pinch to zoom out to activate the Wide angle camera does not work for me in this version. I pinch and it goes to 1.0x not 0.5x.

Last I remembered the feature was still in 13.1.3.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
Since upgrading I’m not getting any sounds when receiving new mail on my iPhone . I checked that the sound is still set correctly. I did get sounds on my iPad.

Not only that, but mail fetching stopped on my iPhone for around 6 hours today. It started again when I opened the Mail app. It’s also not checking when I restart my iPad or iPhone until I open the app. iOS 13.2.3 was supposed to fix mail issues, but it actually caused them for me.

Edit: not sure why, but the mail notification sound came back.

Last edited:

kamikazeeMC

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Since the beginning of iOS 13, sometimes my iPhone X runs uncomfortably hot (currently notice this when using the Reddit app). The first I noticed it happening with the original release of 13 when I was setting up a Memoji display pic. Does anyone else get this, should I factory reset my phone and setup from a backup?

Last night when it was heating up while scrolling reddit (usually I just close all apps and put the phone to sleep till it cools down), I just kept scrolling to see how bad it would get. Was like holding a hot cup of coffee and scrolling got extremely choppy as it throttled.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Mail still not working correctly. Sometime it pushes mail, sometimes it doesn't. Other times I'll see that I have mail waiting but no notifcation shows up for it until I'm actually reading the message.

I can't believe they could screw up the mail app this bad to the point where it doesn't seem like its fixable.

Reactions: thewhitehart

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
What I’ve notice is that the mail is downloaded but the mail app doesn’t display it until I do a pull. Then it shows up right away. So it may just need a UI update.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
People with the deleted items returning to inbox on the Mail app- delete the account and then reinstate it.

it worked for me and at long last Mail is now working as it should.

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
I’m on iOS 12 on iPhone 7+ is it worth updating? Or is it still buggy

It decimated the battery life on my Xs. I would revert to iOS 12 if I could as the new features are not worth it for me.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
It decimated the battery life on my Xs. I would revert to iOS 12 if I could as the new features are not worth it for me.

Interesting/not surprising, given how variable 13 seems to be. I was going to say that I believe battery runtime has gone up for me on the 11 PM from 13.2.2 to 13.2.3. (In other words, 13.2.3 is running longer than 13.2.2.)

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
13.3.3 seems to use about the same battery life as 13.3.1 which I am okay with. It's not as good as 12.4 but it's good enough. I leave my phone in my coat pocket for about 12 hours and it drops from 100% to 96%. It helps that I cleaned out a lot of old emails (as in 8,000). The main feature that I like in 13 is Dark Mode. But I think that I would have just stayed on 12.4 if I had known what a headache 13 turned out to be. This is on an iPhone 7+. I also have a 6 and that's staying on 12.4.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Depending on how it performs over the next few days, I may DFU back to 13.2.2. There’s really nothing I can do aside from watch how things go at this point. Anytime I update, I do so through Finder on my MacBook and I always reset all my device settings and start fresh just in case. Paint in the a** but the slight hassle is worth it in terms of overall performance thereafter
It's hard to read stuff like this. People bouncing around between releases and taking completely unnecessary steps like setting up as new after minor updates looking for a 100% bug free experience while I'm over here updating over the air on a setup I've carried since my iPhone 6 days (maybe even earlier) and having a stellar experience.

Aiko

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
What I’ve notice is that the mail is downloaded but the mail app doesn’t display it until I do a pull. Then it shows up right away. So it may just need a UI update.
I'm seeing the same behavior on my iPhone XS

CCX

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2019
USA
Currently restoring to 13.2.2. Even after only a couple days the battery life difference is so dramatic I'm jumping ship

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
Cellular signal bug with it not updating while phone is connected to CarPlay or Bluetooth on an in-car audio system has returned.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
So far, battery life on 13.2.3 is a little worse than the other 13.2s. Battery was 92% this morning. Other versions were 96% and 94%. I will give it a few more days of testing though. I will eventually go back to leaving it on the charger overnight.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
CarPlay, iOS 13.2.3, iPhone 11 Pro 256GB, wired connection.

Typically usage while driving - music/streaming news and map applications (Waze mainly).

Has anyone noticed their phone is really hot after say a 30 minute drive? I have had the phone about a week.

I thought it was my cord, so I did try a new one, but it is hot again. I don't remember that with the XS I had prior.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
I have the same issue with email not always displaying until I pull down or force close the app at times. I decided to completely remove the exchange account and re add it and it did not fix it. This is clearly a bug in how it displays. I proved this several times by putting it in airplane mode when I got several email notifications and force closing the app. When I opened it all the messages are there. I don't know why Apple cannot fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.