Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rivanov

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
I thought you always have to restore from betas.
No, you can use ALT + Check for Update to downgrade to a lower iOS version without losing data.
I'm doing this right now with my 11 Pro.

/edit: Again, this method still worked. Downgraded from 13.2 DB to official 13.1.2 via IPSW and ALT + Check for Update without losing data.

Last edited:
Reactions: MCKLMT

sergekills

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2017
Moscow, Russia
No, you can use ALT + Check for Update to downgrade to a lower iOS version without losing data.

/edit: Again, this method still worked. Downgraded from 13.2 DB to official 13.1.2 via IPSW and ALT + Check for Update without losing data.
Good to know, thank you!

VIP Tom

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2017

Will I have to restore from a backup once the 13.1.2 is installed back onto my phone? I'm just worried that it might brick my phone if I downgrade from 13.2

Rivanov

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
Will I have to restore from a backup once the 13.1.2 is installed back onto my phone? I'm just worried that it might brick my phone if I downgrade from 13.2
No. Just download the IPSW from 13.1.2
Open iTunes > ALT + Check for Updates. Select IPSW.

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
Here are my problems right now, after updating to 13.2 and updating all my apps.

1. battery drains like crazy (expected. With beta1)
2. I can’t share content to Facebook when I click share FB icon is missing you know, like go to you tube you want to share a video and there is no shirt cut to share to FB, but. It was there before 1 zero upgrade.
3. I phone takes longer to reboot then before that’s for sure.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I’ve just reported it and used some choice words for how much of a cluster-f&&£ the mail app is. 3 separate reports for different issues. Pathetic.

seems to be working now. I didn’t change anything, so if I delete a message on iPhone it gets deleted on iPad and gets deleted on exchange as I checked via web browser. Wonder if that issue was Microsoft and not Apple.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
It’s probably better to wait a couple days before making any determinations about battery drain. After updating, there’s a lot of indexing that happens in the background that sometimes takes many many hours.. I find that the Photos app is the worst with that, too. When I updated to 13.1.2 on that Monday just days after updating to 13.1.1, I had ZERO photos listed, and then they slowly started populating. In the morning it looked like it had finished, I did a hard reboot and it started again but had a notice at the bottom saying it would continue in the background while charging.. I plugged it back in and let it sit for a few hours again and it finished.. seems like there’s always something like this, photos or messages or something that takes forever to re-index again. Check the background usage in Battery settings for apps at the top of the list while the screen is locked. And then check again the next day after normal usage.. maybe you’ll find your answer there.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Yup, really annoying how the native Mail app continues to have huge issues. I gave up last evening and ended up restoring my IP11Pro to 13.1.2. Native Mail app is better on this release version - still not working as it should, but certainly usable (as opposed to 13.2 b1 mail being totally borked.) Right now, it is working for one Exchange account, and one iCloud account. Badge count seems to be working, as do notifications. There are times when the iCloud account stays on "Checking for Mail...." at the bottom of the Inbox/All Inboxes pages. When that happens, I have to force close the app, wait more than 10 seconds, and then reopen for it to connect again - for around an hour or so, then since and repeat.
I know, use Outlook, Spark, or [insert email app here], I just like the native app better.... :)
[automerge]1570209938[/automerge]

Unfortunately a lot more than that needs fixing..... :(. Yes, all reported to the big A.

i did more testing, seems if I delete a email message on my iPhone running iOS 13.2 beta 1 the email message seems to be deleted. If I go on the iPad (running iPadOS 13.1 beta 1) the Message is still there. login To exchange via web and its still there. If I delete the message on the iPad, it gets deleted from exchange, as again I went onto exchange via web and it’s deleted there. Not sure if deleting the message twice, once on iPhone and once on iPad actually deletes it off of exchange. More testing needs to be done.

in any event this is really annoying thou!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
seems to be working now. I didn’t change anything, so if I delete a message on iPhone it gets deleted on iPad and gets deleted on exchange as I checked via web browser. Wonder if that issue was Microsoft and not Apple.

No matter which account on my phone, Outlook or Exchange, no changes are reflected on the actual servers themselves. I had deleted and archived a dozen or so emails on my phone this morning - Log onto my computer, open the Outlook 2019 app to find all the emails are still there. This was about two hours ago

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
No matter which account on my phone, Outlook or Exchange, no changes are reflected on the actual servers themselves. I had deleted and archived a dozen or so emails on my phone this morning - Log onto my computer, open the Outlook 2019 app to find all the emails are still there. This was about two hours ago

if you have an iPad try deleting or archiving and see what happens. I will try later today.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Anyone tried playing a large (> 4.3GB) mp4 video on external storage with the Files app in this beta? I was wondering if the fails-to-play problem is fixed.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
People who are having zero issues with iOS 13.2, how did you update? Over-the-air or via iTunes?
Because I absolutely HATE iOS 13.1.2 on my iPhone XS. Side note, I restored my iPhone using iTunes when iOS 13.1 was out and set it up as new. And then updated to iOS 13.1.2 using Wi-Fi and it's still a giant mess.
Messages are not responsive, cropped screenshots are saved as uncropped, sometimes they do not save at all, Photos app in Messages sometimes appears to be blank, the default wallpaper becomes washed-out for whatever reason. Ugh

Except for “Preserve Settings” in camera not working correctly (and that’s an old issue) I have no issues with 13.2 beta on my 11PM. Installed OTA PB as soon as it was released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.