Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I can not even believe that people have so different experiences with battery on 13.2 b1. Interesting :)

Save for the new phones, most likely all are at different levels of battery capacities, affecting their overall battery lives. Not to mention their own usage and selection of apps (how well optimised for the new OS the apps are).

And then there is Apple itself with the OS.

thenakedshades

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
My last backup was done on a 13.2 beta. Just exchanged a new iPhone 11 Pro, am I able to restore on 13.1.2 or do I have to go to 13.2 in order to restore?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I wonder what underlying changes they've made to break the native Mail app so spectacularly, and why they've not been able to fix it over the last 4 months. Unbelievable.
This is the million dollar question when it comes to iOS 13. There's a plethora of more feature-rich third party apps that can deliver mail just fine. Why is this so hard for them? Do they not realize email is a pretty important part of the business world?

Reactions: tspear8183

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
People who are having zero issues with iOS 13.2, how did you update? Over-the-air or via iTunes?
Because I absolutely HATE iOS 13.1.2 on my iPhone XS. Side note, I restored my iPhone using iTunes when iOS 13.1 was out and set it up as new. And then updated to iOS 13.1.2 using Wi-Fi and it's still a giant mess.
Messages are not responsive, cropped screenshots are saved as uncropped, sometimes they do not save at all, Photos app in Messages sometimes appears to be blank, the default wallpaper becomes washed-out for whatever reason. Ugh

I updated via OTA always, more convenient for me.

After the update is finished installing and the phone is on the lock screen. I let the OS “settle” for 2-5mins without opening any apps, sometimes just unlocking it.

After that I reboot the device and give it a extra 30 secs. Then use it like a regular device.

I’m on the XS Max. My only issue is with Bluetooth audio stuttering and speeding up randomly after a charge. But I discovered I wasn’t seeing my Powerbeats Pro icon in the volume bar when connected. So I re pair them and it’s smooth since. Announcement with Siri started working right away too, just not menu option.

sergekills

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2017
Moscow, Russia
I updated via OTA always, more convenient for me.

After the update is finished installing and the phone is on the lock screen. I let the OS “settle” for 2-5mins without opening any apps, sometimes just unlocking it.

After that I reboot the device and give it a extra 30 secs. Then use it like a regular device.

I’m on the XS Max. My only issue is with Bluetooth audio stuttering and speeding up randomly after a charge. But I discovered I wasn’t seeing my Powerbeats Pro icon in the volume bar when connected. So I re pair them and it’s smooth since. Announcement with Siri started working right away too, just not menu option.
How is your battery life and what is your battery health?
96% here on XS.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
What feels like 100 betas later and I still cannot delete all attached images on messages. The delete button does nothing and the image stays. However it doesn’t happen with all images it’s weird. Other pictures I also have to delete twice for them to actually disappear

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
My last backup was done on a 13.2 beta. Just exchanged a new iPhone 11 Pro, am I able to restore on 13.1.2 or do I have to go to 13.2 in order to restore?

As stated above you can only restore to 13.2 beta. However after restoring by using iTunes or iMazing you may be able to “update” your 11 Pro back to 13.1.2. That will depend on how similar the two OS’s are internally. Since you have a new device you will lose nothing by trying.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I’m having some major issues with notifications. When my Pro Max is switched to vibrate and my Apple Watch is set to silent, I’m getting calls ringing thru and text sound notifications on both the iPhone and the Watch. This is happening with email, too. I’m hearing that I’ve got email, and the badge shows I’ve got a few new emails. But then the All Inboxes isn’t showing anything new. Just updating. I have to go to each individual folder for the new emails to be reflected there. And then the All Inboxes folder shows correctly...

I’m also seeing pretty much the same behavior in the Find My app. When I tap my friend in the app, it just hangs on loading... I have to cancel out of it to get to the main Friends tab and THEN it updates. Similar behavior to the mail app. Same difference?

I’d like to add that hard reboots of both devices haven’t corrected this. I was looking for a tweet I remember seeing where I think Craig F replied to someone saying they’ve got a major fix for 13.2b2. Can’t find it.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
How is your battery life and what is your battery health?
96% here on XS.

So far it’s much better on this beta. Along with performance. Stand by battery life seem more stable as well. Today. Mostly use it lightly for gps and getting a Uber. Then was at work and used it on and off to check a few texts. Phone also had notifications coming in from multiple apps and my Apple Watch and beats remained connected. At 73% now. And watch and beats at 65%.

Battery health at 94%.

b0615562dbad2f38a14e0c47bc16e438.jpg
dea53a38da748f8987ea7cef75fafac2.jpg
0fad41bf135dfa3bab3ac5e3095d2b11.jpg

So battery life to me is good. But not great. I do notice the phone randomly gets warm on some days.

kingcarlos

macrumors member
May 26, 2018
the one issue i have is that the lockscreen/homescreen wallpaper can randomly turn into black wall when i restart the phone.

daio

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2011
Germany
Just noticed this and it still is the case after restarting both devices. I have about ten different alarms set on my HomePod and some of the alarms I can switch on and they stay on and most of them switch back off after turning them on. If I try to edit the alarm using the home app, it crashes. Reporting. The only way I can turn on the alarms that keep turning off is to use the "hey Siri" command on the HomePod.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
How is LTE performance on this beta? (in comparison to 13.1.2)

On my iPhone 8 with 13.1.2 I am facing exceptionally slow connectivity. Modem firmware is 5.00.01. I am trying to figure if someone has seen better speeds with 13.2 as against 13.1.2.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I am still experiencing Wi-Fi drops when on FaceTime. Is anyone else?
Yep. But only when on calls with people who have a bad connection. It's as if my phone drops wifi in an attempt to have a bad connection too, in sympathy with the person I'm calling.

I have a feedback open for weeks but, like most of them, it's being ignored.

Reactions: ram130

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
How is LTE performance on this beta? (in comparison to 13.1.2)

On my iPhone 8 with 13.1.2 I am facing exceptionally slow connectivity. Modem firmware is 5.00.01. I am trying to figure if someone has seen better speeds with 13.2 as against 13.1.2.
A slow connection on 13.1.2 is better ?? than the drops experienced on 13.2.

Reactions: macintoshmac

aknedude

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2019
i have mayor issues with ring tones and notificatios on 13.2.1 Can i go back to 13.1.2 i have aniPhone 11

Reactions: gank41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.