Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
No matter which account on my phone, Outlook or Exchange, no changes are reflected on the actual servers themselves. I had deleted and archived a dozen or so emails on my phone this morning - Log onto my computer, open the Outlook 2019 app to find all the emails are still there. This was about two hours ago

ok. More testing... I deleted my exchange account on my iPhone, re-created the account on the iPhone and surprisingly the messages I deleted were deleted. I checked via web browser and were in fact deleted off exchange server. :eek: Obviously something was corrupted on the iPhone with mail.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
ok. More testing... I deleted my exchange account on my iPhone, re-created the account on the iPhone and surprisingly the messages I deleted were deleted. I checked via web browser and were in fact deleted off exchange server. :eek: Obviously something was corrupted on the iPhone with mail.

Might try that tomorrow. Won’t find out if my emails have synced correctly till I fire up the PC. At least it’s not much hassle to re-add accounts.

Edit: forgot I have the outlook app installed. So I removed the exchange account and re-added it... no difference...still doesn’t make changes to the server. Reported. Just when I thought Apple couldn’t **** up the Mail app more than they already had

Last edited:

dereknas

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2014
I've set using Shortcut Automation to use the location detection to trigger Cellular and Wifi off and on when entering my house and also leaving my house. It works sometimes but inconsistent and sometimes will be delayed.

Is there anyway to fine-tune the sensitivity to trigger immediately without any delays?

Reactions: adrianlondon

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I've set using Shortcut Automation to use the location detection to trigger Cellular and Wifi off and on when entering my house and also leaving my house. It works sometimes but inconsistent and sometimes will be delayed.

Is there anyway to fine-tune the sensitivity to trigger immediately without any delays?

Not yet, no. Report the issue though. It’s early days with these automations and they likely need as much real world data about issues s as they can get.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
When I’m on a phone call in the menu it shows that I can transfer my call to my Apple TV. I tried it with no result. I have latest beta on my Apple TV box.
Is it possible to remove Apple TV box from the transfer list menu?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England

Removed and re-added both accounts. This worked for a few hours, now it’s stopped again, certainly for my exchange account. Oh well.

Packer2058

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2009
So I had to downgrade back to 13.1.2 because of this weird issue where my physical sim and e-sim line would both lose network/data connection. I would have to hard restart each time to get them to work, and other times would experience painfully slow data connection.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Anyone else noticing issues with Apple Watch syncing? I notice that there is a lag on calls (it comes through on my watch for a ring or two before it shows on my phone) also texting syncing, after reading texts on my phone it’ll still show as unread on my watch.

varadh

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2019
I'm possibly the only one experiencing this issue but Face ID (??) stopped working for me on the beta.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
so far so good for me. Hopefully a new beta next week.

It’s so completely useless for me that I’ve gone back to using the Outlook app for both accounts. The watch app for it isn’t too bad either these days. So it’s a good compromise for me.

Funnily enough, sent items always synchronise. Oh well, the joys of being a beta tester.

Reactions: MCKLMT

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Anyone have an issue with robocall blockers like Verizon or Robokiller? They don't seem to work at all.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Anyone having issues with Gmail accounts in the native mail app not syncing to the server (by this I mean the read/unread email count not matching to my email in a web browser)? Seems to have started yesterday or today, so maybe isn't specific to this iOS build

yeahtyeaht

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Germany
Anyone having issues with Gmail accounts in the native mail app not syncing to the server (by this I mean the read/unread email count not matching to my email in a web browser)? Seems to have started yesterday or today, so maybe isn't specific to this iOS build
I´m on 13.1.2 and I have the same problem

Eksoccer99

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2018

This all goes with that the iOS Native Mail app is borked for some. Since, iOS 13 beta's started and throughout this whole experience for us/some.
[automerge]1570468861[/automerge]
Anyone have an issue with robocall blockers like Verizon or Robokiller? They don't seem to work at all.

Getting to wonder as well. I use Hiya (free) and Wide Protect (paid), and I'm having some slept through or the database is stuck on updating.

lucasrant

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
Not yet, no. Report the issue though. It’s early days with these automations and they likely need as much real world data about issues s as they can get.
Well, the device uses wifi to better understand where it's located. Disabling wifi will make it work slower and less accurately.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
This all goes with that the iOS Native Mail app is borked for some. Since, iOS 13 beta's started and throughout this whole experience for us/some.
[automerge]1570468861[/automerge]

Getting to wonder as well. I use Hiya (free) and Wide Protect (paid), and I'm having some slept through or the database is stuck on updating.

Exactly this. I had to uninstall them all due to battery drain. Robokiller had something like 50% of my battery usage, and I had it disabled for background data.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Battery life on my 11 Pro Max is crazy in this build. I was getting some good battery life on the previous builds of 13.1, but with 13.2 I end the day with 60%+ remaining. My previous XS Max would usually be between 20 and 30% at that time.

Reactions: smartmiller
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.