Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Is anyone having problems with CarPlay??? First days of PB2 and PB3 it was fine, and really cool the new views, but since today it does not even start. My car’s display just says “there is no usb devices“ and nothing connects. I tried remove my car from my phone and connect it again, but nothing.
Any idea???

Edit: I slept in this morning, and see that @gwhizkids beat me to the punch...

If you have BOLD text enabled, turn it off.. seems to solve the "won't connect" or "won't display" issues.

HylianKnight

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2017
Is anyone having problems with CarPlay??? First days of PB2 and PB3 it was fine, and really cool the new views, but since today it does not even start. My car’s display just says “there is no usb devices“ and nothing connects. I tried remove my car from my phone and connect it again, but nothing.
Any idea???
Probably unrelated, but my Ford Sync system occasionally does this. Has done it on iOS 11 and ios12. It’s rare, but when it happens I have to disconnect the phone, turn my car off, open the door and close it, wait 10-15 seconds, and then try again. I’m confident for me at least that the problem is on Fords end because on one occasion that this happened I was able to try several different iPhones and none would connect until after I restarted my car.

Last edited:
Reactions: decypher44

Ubes96

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2019
Any idea???
Turn off bold text and it should work.

dom_a2345

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
London
Is anyone having issues with apps not opening on iPadOS. The only thing that seems to fix it is a reboot of the device. Also the developer forums seem to be down on apples website?

Fazoman

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2015
Haven't read this elsewhere but somehow I lost the Memoji sticker section in the emoji keyboard (it’s still there but just an empty grey space) - tried changing keyboards etc. but no dice - any idea to get this back or is this a general issue/behavior?

dom_a2345

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
London
Haven't read this elsewhere but somehow I lost the Memoji sticker section in the emoji keyboard (it’s still there but just an empty grey space) - tried changing keyboards etc. but no dice - any idea to get this back or is this a general issue/behavior?

It’s really strange the apps are there it’s just the icons are non responsive. I can use gestures to open the app if it was already open but otherwise I can’t open the app

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England

Have you restarted your device?

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
On my iPad Pro 10.5" (2017), using the Lightning to USB 3 lightning adapter, in iPadOS 13 Public Beta 2 I can no longer see my wired Apple nipple mouse, nor any of my USB devices I've tried. Worked in PB1.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
On my iPad Pro 10.5" (2017), using the Lightning to USB 3 lightning adapter, in iPadOS 13 Public Beta 2 I can no longer see my wired Apple nipple mouse, nor any of my USB devices I've tried. Worked in PB1.

On my 10.5" iPP running PB2, I've tried a USB thumb drive with the USB camera connector and it wasn't recognized. I have the older USB2 camera connector and thought maybe the drive needs more power than the iPad is willing to provide. So I bought the newer (or, less old) USB3 camera connector and it, too, does not work--even when external power is provided.

There are several videos (for example by Macrumors and 9to5Mac) that demo how to use a USB drive with an iPad running iPadOS. But the ones I've seen always use a 2018 iPad Pro which has a USB-C port. The fact is that most iPad owners have iPads with lightning ports. I'd like to see confirmation that iPads with lightning ports will support USB drives (with the appropriate dongle) in iPadOS.

Since it was working for you in PB1, maybe the functionality somehow got disabled in DB3/PB2 and will be turned on again in DB4/PB3 or a future beta. I certainly hope so. The ability to work with an external drive and the new files app is a game-changer that will bring iPads much, much closer to being Macbook replacements (or at least, make them much more useful).

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
On my 10.5" iPP running PB2, I've tried a USB thumb drive with the USB camera connector and it wasn't recognized. I have the older USB2 camera connector and thought maybe the drive needs more power than the iPad is willing to provide. So I bought the newer (or, less old) USB3 camera connector and it, too, does not work--even when external power is provided.

There are several videos (for example by Macrumors and 9to5Mac) that demo how to use a USB drive with an iPad running iPadOS. But the ones I've seen always use a 2018 iPad Pro which has a USB-C port. The fact is that most iPad owners have iPads with lightning ports. I'd like to see confirmation that iPads with lightning ports will support USB drives (with the appropriate dongle) in iPadOS.

Since it was working for you in PB1, maybe the functionality somehow got disabled in DB3/PB2 and will be turned on again in DB4/PB3 or a future beta. I certainly hope so. The ability to work with an external drive and the new files app is a game-changer that will bring iPads much, much closer to being Macbook replacements (or at least, make them much more useful).
Note that reading from external USB devices also worked in iOS 12, so it’s not as if it only worked in PB1. PB1 expanded the support that already existed in iOS 12 (and earlier), and then PB2 killed it, at least on my iPad Pro 10.5”.

I’ll have to try my iOS 13 iPhone SE next.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
Note that reading from external USB devices also worked in iOS 12, so it’s not as if it only worked in PB1. PB1 expanded the support that already existed in iOS 12 (and earlier), and then PB2 killed it, at least on my iPad Pro 10.5”.

I’ll have to try my iOS 13 iPhone SE next.

Brilliant idea, why didn't I think of that??

My iPhone XS Max has iOS13 PB2. When I plug my USB thumb drive in using the USB3 camera connector, the Files app recognizes it and I can move files back and forth to it, open files from the thumb drive in other apps, etc. But only when there is power connected. It doesn't work if I unplug the power, or if I use the older USB2 camera connector.

Also: I experimented with another USB accessory: the Dragonfly Red DAC. On iOS12 and earlier, I could plug it into my iPhone using the older USB2 connector (with no external power), and plug in headphones to listen to hi-res music. I can do this on my iPhone running iOS13 PB2 but my iPP running iPadOS PB2 does not recognize the Dragonfly, and plays music out of the iPP's internal speakers.

So it seems that iPadOS PB2 has disabled the use of the lightning to USB camera connectors to connect thumb drives or other USB accessories.

Reactions: EugW

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
This is bugging the heck outta me. When I open up my calendar, it always defaults to annual view. It used to open up to monthly view, with the current day selected. I can’t seem to get it to open to monthly by default. Always have to select from the annual view. Anyone??

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
This is bugging the heck outta me. When I open up my calendar, it always defaults to annual view. It used to open up to monthly view, with the current day selected. I can’t seem to get it to open to monthly by default. Always have to select from the annual view. Anyone??

I tried everything too. I’m hoping beta 4 fixes this. Hopefully it comes this week.

Reactions: decypher44

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
For me, opening the calendar only defaults to annual view the first time I open it (e.g., after going into the task switcher and swiping up to close it). Otherwise, it opens in monthly view. (iPhone XS Max running PB2)

Reactions: simba4

desh.iit

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
India
These two issues are bothering most
— Sometime screen scroll up automatically
- there is a border in almost every text input area ? Is there any setting for this ? I looked into accessibility setting could not found

Reactions: VolceOntra

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Brilliant idea, why didn't I think of that??

My iPhone XS Max has iOS13 PB2. When I plug my USB thumb drive in using the USB3 camera connector, the Files app recognizes it and I can move files back and forth to it, open files from the thumb drive in other apps, etc. But only when there is power connected. It doesn't work if I unplug the power, or if I use the older USB2 camera connector.

Also: I experimented with another USB accessory: the Dragonfly Red DAC. On iOS12 and earlier, I could plug it into my iPhone using the older USB2 connector (with no external power), and plug in headphones to listen to hi-res music. I can do this on my iPhone running iOS13 PB2 but my iPP running iPadOS PB2 does not recognize the Dragonfly, and plays music out of the iPP's internal speakers.

So it seems that iPadOS PB2 has disabled the use of the lightning to USB camera connectors to connect thumb drives or other USB accessories.
Works fine on my iPhone SE, with both my USB flash drive and my Apple nipple mouse, via the Lightning to USB 3 adapter.

It's just my iPad Pro 10.5" that is the problem.

Reactions: roncron

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Mail doesn’t tell me I have a messages anymore. Swiping is a little wonky but I’ll take that for the smoothness in switching apps, the mail app, etc.

The gapless track changes on music is also back on continuous albums such as a trance album. Thank God. That 1 second stutter sucked

Much improved over PB1 in my opinion.
The options for threads and favourited folders are no longer there in Settings > Notifications > Mail.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Anybody found a way to fix the connection issue from lighting port of 12.9" IPP to projector? It worked in Beta 1 but after update on last Monday, it fails to work.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
Anybody found a way to fix the connection issue from lighting port of 12.9" IPP to projector? It worked in Beta 1 but after update on last Monday, it fails to work.
This might be related. After I installed PB2 on my 10.5 inch iPad Pro, peripherals like my DAC and usb drive when connected via dongle to lightning port stopped working. The same peripherals work when connected to my iPhone running PB2. Hopefully the next beta restores this functionality to lightning port iPads.

Reactions: hajime

VolceOntra

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2007
These two issues are bothering most
— Sometime screen scroll up automatically
- there is a border in almost every text input area ? Is there any setting for this ? I looked into accessibility setting could not found

I'm having these issues too. Also, some apps (mail, facebook, and a few others) become invert their colors randomly when clicking on link.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
This might be related. After I installed PB2 on my 10.5 inch iPad Pro, peripherals like my DAC and usb drive when connected via dongle to lightning port stopped working. The same peripherals work when connected to my iPhone running PB2. Hopefully the next beta restores this functionality to lightning port iPads.

Perhaps. I also plugged my iPhone 6s+ with iOS 12 to the lightning-HDMI adapter and then to the projector. It worked fine.

Justins567

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2018
Colorado, USA
Looks like the next couple betas will start solving some of our major issues. These reports started showing up in my feedback app recently. 7017B2FA-CF8C-4942-9C32-6F2FBDF80CA8.jpeg 06E128FF-EFD3-4B5F-B8DF-815A2D6105AE.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.