Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
My iPhone still completely locks up on the control center and I need to force restart my iPhone when I connect my AirPods from the control center.

Previous received emails remain in my inbox even after I deactivate the email account

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
iPhone 8.

Recorded a slo mo video. Played it. Plays like a normal video.

Beta joys or could it be something else? I don’t use my phone camera that much, especially not the slo mo camera.

thebartonfox

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
UK
iPhone 8.

Recorded a slo mo video. Played it. Plays like a normal video.

Beta joys or could it be something else? I don’t use my phone camera that much, especially not the slo mo camera.
I have the same with my iPhone X. It does record at 240fps though, and I can play it back and edit it as slo mo on my Mac so I guess it’s just a bug.

Reactions: macintoshmac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I have the same with my iPhone X. It does record at 240fps though, and I can play it back and edit it as slo mo on my Mac so I guess it’s just a bug.

Thank you for that quick fix. I checked on my Mac, it registers as slow motion and plays as slow motion. Just a beta bug. Reported. :p

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
I have an issue on iOS 13 where Wi-Fi drops to LTE during FaceTime. Be it FaceTime audio or video. It is infuriating.

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
Woke up today to find my iPhone X turned off completely and not responding to anything. Was very hot as well. Managed to fix it 35 minutes later, anyone else having the same issue?

Dean0mc

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2016
I think beta 4 dev is out, sorry wrong one of my devices hadn’t been updated!!

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I had my first overheat (or near-overheat) in about 4 years this past Monday.

I was wirelessly charging in the car, was running Maps, listening to music via the Lighting port, and attempted to open Strutt. My phone got instantly laggy and at that point I noticed how warm it was.

To be fair, I had Maps running with the screen on and it was 90+; under PB1 Maps would often just die if you were to use the snazzy lock-the-phone option where it only powers the screen up when there's a new upcoming direction. (I had forgotten I was on PB2 and needed to test that.)

I didn't get the full thermal shutdown sequence (though it probably should have occurred), but I shut her off turned the AC on.

This may seem unrelated to the betas, but for me it was notable since it hasn't occurred since I'd owned a 5S and was driving for about 8 hours in the sun. It also didn't happen on PB1.

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I had my first overheat (or near-overheat) in about 4 years this past Monday.

I was wirelessly charging in the car, was running Maps, listening to music via the Lighting port, and attempted to open Strutt. My phone got instantly laggy and at that point I noticed how warm it was.

To be fair, I had Maps running with the screen on and it was 90+; under PB1 Maps would often just die if you were to use the snazzy lock-the-phone option where it only powers the screen up when there's a new upcoming direction. (I had forgotten I was on PB2 and needed to test that.)

I didn't get the full thermal shutdown sequence (though it probably should have occurred), but I shut her off turned the AC on.

This may seem unrelated to the betas, but for me it was notable since it hasn't occurred since I'd owned a 5S and was driving for about 8 hours in the sun. It also didn't happen on PB1.

I keep my phone mounted with an AC vent blowing on it for just this very reason. It gets hotter than hades down here in the summer and it’ll absolutely overheat in the car in the sunlight.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I keep my phone mounted with an AC vent blowing on it for just this very reason. It gets hotter than hades down here in the summer and it’ll absolutely overheat in the car in the sunlight.

Me too...one of my favorite parts about having a magnetic case and this vent mount option (and I carry an extra vent mount in my bag...works with every rental car I have had!)

Rokform Magnet Vent Mount

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA

Me too...one of my favorite parts about having a magnetic case and this vent mount option (and I carry an extra vent mount in my bag...works with every rental car I have had!)

Rokform Magnet Vent Mount

I have a Jeep Wrangler, so my vents are these round, spins a full 360 degrees jobs that I can't mount anything to. I recently just cobbled together a mount from parts by several manufacturers that keeps it out of the sun, within easy reach, and still in line of sight while I'm driving. I'll snap a pic or two.

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
I have an issue on iOS 13 where Wi-Fi drops to LTE during FaceTime. Be it FaceTime audio or video. It is infuriating.

Dope. Known issue.

Yeah. Very frustrating.

Have you guys checked if Wifi Assist is off?
3bbe4b14fef502a04f744941860b40ba.jpg

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
Wi-Fi Assist is turned on for me, I will turn it off for now to troubleshoot FaceTime.
[doublepost=1563376007][/doublepost]
Funny thing is. I think it’s still using WiFi regardless of the drop. I need to try it with cellular data disable and see if the call stops.
The reason I'm even aware of the issue is because I have 1 bar of LTE here, and when it drops from Wi-Fi to LTE the call drops.

Reactions: ram130

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I have a Jeep Wrangler, so my vents are these round, spins a full 360 degrees jobs that I can't mount anything to. I recently just cobbled together a mount from parts by several manufacturers that keeps it out of the sun, within easy reach, and still in line of sight while I'm driving. I'll snap a pic or two.
Man, you were taxing the heck out of the thing: charging wirelessly and routing out data through the lightning port and running Maps? All on a pretty memory intensive beta (judging by the many resprings I get). You're lucky your phone didn't slag and melt its way through the charging pad! :D

I've had a lot of heat ups too. Usually using weird things (like Words with Friends [don't judge me ... at least those of you who haven't already!])

Reactions: JMacIV
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.