Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Theirs not much I would ask for tbh. It will be tweaks such as. Being able to download/keep certain videos/albums on your device from iCloud Photo Library.
Redesigned music/messages app
Deeper integration of Siri shortcuts

Reactions: gwhizkids

wicker21

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
- UI Change (home screen options)
- Volume HUD
- Dark Mode
- Change Default Apps
- Customize lock screen camera and flashlight buttons to allow different items
- Option to change camera options without having to go into settings

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Isnt that just because the lower volume button can be used to take a photo instead of the on screen button and has been an option for quite a while....quite a useful option at that!!

They’re talking about screenshot, I think.

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
Edit: Also, fix your god awful text selection and auto correct please Apple. I had to use my Pixel phone just to carry on typing and editing this comment because it is so awful to do so on yours.

This! I have lots of issues with iOS because I am long time Android user. I just started using iOS 3 months ago (2018 iPad user) and I don't find it intuitive so lots of frustrations on my part. However the thing that annoys me the most is typing, text selection and editing. It's a mission impossible on iOS. It's slow, inefficient, cumbersome, imprecise.

I mean Apple claims that iPad is a great device for emailing. Um no it's not because I can't type more than one sentence without getting affected by this problem.

PetterPan

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2019
iOS 12 finally brought grouped notifications back so that was nice.

- change default apps (maps for example)
- Messages hub (1 app for you to respond to all your messaging platforms: iMessage, text, fb messenger, whatsapp and whatever else is out there these days, rather than going into each app to respond to messages)
- dark mode option
- change the damn volume HUD :mad:

what else do you guys wanna see?

Easy:
  • File organizer with the possibility to connect external harddrive
  • Be able to connect a mouse

jakeuten

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2016
Minnesota
Auto pairing for AirPods. Everytime I switch between my iPad Pro and iPhone XS, I have to go into settings to repair them to the device I want.

Marrakas

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2012
- Some form of Always on Display for the OLED iPhones.
- Night mode for the camera.
- Ability to disable swipe from lock screen to get to camera. I am sick and tired of trying to swipe away notifications only to enter the camera app.

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
I really want a system-wide dark mode and some kind of API from Apple that developers can use to easily implement and support dark mode in their apps. Some kind of handy solution from Apple in order to automatically convert websites from being white with black text into black with white text would also be great, but I doubt we will see anything like that.

For the iPad Pro we really need to have some kind of mouse input. Support for bluetooth mice seems to obvious at this point it would be really stupid to not add it. As I mostly work through Remote Desktop the iPad Pro 12,9 suits me really well, but the lack of mouse input so I have to use my fingers for all the inputs is holding it back.

EDIT:

I feel it's time to get support for multiple users/profiles on the iPad. I'm not a heavy iPad user, but it has replaced the MacBook 12-inch as my wife's primary devices. But I use it every now and then and the fact that there is no sensible way for me to use it with my own users account so I'm forced into using her Apple account in Safari, her YouTube-account on YouTube etc.. Feels really backwards, especially considering for how long Apple has been selling and developing iPad's and iOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: boston04and07

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
What I'd love to see but won't happen is a release that wouldn't lead to 10,000 comments about how the update ruined my device or battery or ?? We could start the threads now with 95% accurate wording

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

*88Keys

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2017
Portland, OR
As an iPad only user (I have no mac) I would like:

- A Central Files App as default for the system (and kill the app specific views of the file system i.e. Pages, Numbers, etc) In other words, let the app specific files be represented by app folders in just one Files App view....no changing color as it is now. Must be so confusing for less tech savvy users.

- Since full version of Photoshop is coming, why not full versions of Pages, Numbers, Keynote? Really miss the ability to make my own templates among other things.

- Ability to share playlists between my iDevices (remember I don’t have a mac so iTunes syncing is not an option)

- Probably a hardware issue, but want to use external mic with FaceTime and other video chat apps like Skype, Zoom, etc. while I found an expensive work-around when iPad Pro had headphone jack...this is no longer possible with new iPad Pro 2018...unless I purchase the USBC hub. But then I MUST USE HEADPHONES...and that can be limiting. Distance learning with music could be significantly enhanced with this option. Would like to mic my Piano while the iPad is about 4 to 5 feet away filming me demo something to a student in another country...and don’t want to have to use headphones.

- Independent audio in/out for the video chat apps (FaceTime, Skype, Zoom) so I can choose to use headphones to listen and still have my mic be the source of my audio.

- Complete separation of Siri/shortcuts...and search. I want to be able to search my iPad and have it find anything I want...without having to turn on the shortcuts part where Siri is learning from my behavior...and also want to be able to turn off the shortcuts stuff I have not interest in easily without having to change it on EVERY SINGLE APP! Annoying.

- Default apps.

- A much better on-device keyboard (iPhone). So much wasted space on that thing...and auto correct has never learned to deal with my fat thumbs....so why not redesign the keyboard. QUERTY isn’t a requirement, maybe let us arrange the keyboard to our liking? Maybe push all the non-letters to the bottom row? and make the most common punctuation a single key that defaults to Period, then with long touch offers options?

- A double row dock option for those of us needing more than 13? Would work beautifully on iPad.
**See image for how I’m dealing with it now.** It’s pretty funny! But works for easy app switching and split-screening.

65EA7592-9ADB-4C12-8EAB-8550CAFB09EE.png

NOT A iOS 13 WISHLIST ITEM, BUT......

- Would love to have iPad Pro morph into a more powerful device by removing the camera altogether. Power users/Developers/Coders/Filmakers/etc....they are not dependent on the iPad for it’s camera, they have a phone or they have a professional camera...and iPad’s camera is not breaking any records for the Pro market anyway...no one wants to hold up a 12 inch device to take a picture or film that would be so easily done with the phone in their pocket. So why not use all the space to make the Pro a more powerful machine? For those that for some reason do not have a camera and desire an iPad with a camera.....leave the camera in the general consumer version and revamp the Pro.

- Stop allowing developers of iPad apps to create “portrait only” orientations.

- For the love of our aging eyes....can apple please create a back-lit external keyboard for iPad?
[doublepost=1548652208][/doublepost]
I just want to be able to move camera roll photos into specific folders. Yes, we can do that now, BUT the photo is STILL in the camera roll. I want that to just be a temporary folder until I can put things exactly where I want them.

I agree with jeremy. I want VIDEOS to be a folder on iPad right up top with all the other stuff....AND I want to be able to move them out of photos if need be.

Reactions: secretk

aly145

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2019
- Option to remove homebar

- Battery percentage in status bar

- Better audio quality in iMessage audio notes (currently it sounds like a 100 year old telephone)

- increased free iCloud space
[doublepost=1548666656][/doublepost]I fully support this.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
- Stop allowing developers of iPad apps to create “portrait only” orientations.

As I use my iPad in landscape mode like 99% of the time, I fully support this. Or at least give some kind of indication/warning in the appstore that an app is portrait only.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Eh, I don't really want that much. Just:
  • Multiple users
  • Real file system
  • Mouse support
  • Windowed Apps
  • Ability to dual boot full Mac OS X
  • Physical keyboard
  • Swappable battery
  • Disk drive
What, what are we talking about again?

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
I'm sure the animation speed for opening and closing apps is consistent over the models, but I'd love it if in iOS13 they sped them up to make my XR feel like this "amazing" A12 SoC is "amazing"

I know benchmarks aren't representative of real world usage, but (subjectively) my friends Pixel 3 felt just a zippy when transitioning around the UI/Apps as my XR, despite being "lesser" specced.

Of course I'm being subjective and not objective here :)

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
iOS 12 finally brought grouped notifications back so that was nice.

- change default apps (maps for example)
- Messages hub (1 app for you to respond to all your messaging platforms: iMessage, text, fb messenger, whatsapp and whatever else is out there these days, rather than going into each app to respond to messages)
- dark mode option
- change the damn volume HUD :mad:

what else do you guys wanna see?
1. Never gonna happen
2. Never gonna happen either. Microsoft and BlackBerry tried it, people don’t care enough about that. Plus that means Apple has to follow whatever data that Facebook eg al requires on their API, and I don’t think Apple want to deal with that.
3. Will probably happen considering Mojave.
4. Some UI interfaces have become signature of iOS. Doubt that Apple would do anything unless they’re doing major redesign,

TheFluffyDuck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2012
iOS on the iPad needs a serious rethink. Right now the hardware is being held back by the software. I don't think anything short of an iPad OS will fix it.
It needs a pointer for mouse input, a proper file system, windowed multi tasking, USB-Device input. and a host of other changes.
At the moment it's just a frustrating device to be productive on.

Reactions: PetterPan

Baldilocks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2012
Delaware, USA
iOS on the iPad needs a serious rethink. Right now the hardware is being held back by the software. I don't think anything short of an iPad OS will fix it.
It needs a pointer for mouse input, a proper file system, windowed multi tasking, USB-Device input. and a host of other changes.
At the moment it's just a frustrating device to be productive on.

Right now the iPad is just a supersize iPod. It's not a real computing platform.

Reactions: TheFluffyDuck

Tmiller728

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2019
Summerville SC
They need to make it so that you can change the size of icons and how many you can put to a screen(rows,columns)

Also would like to be able to put the icons in some kind of order on each screen. Like alphabetical

Have a number row on the keyboard all the time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.