Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Nothing changed…

Still all the issues remain…

You tried doing a reset of network settings?

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
Is it really that good? Does it improve battery life and everything works fine (or better than before)?
It’s not life altering. Battery is probably a little better.

What I was trying to say is all the features are running fine now & I am not in the market anymore to test any new features that I don’t need. Also, I will be waiting until at least this time next year for iOS 18 installation, if at all, because I am almost positive it will negatively impact my 13 mini, which I want to keep for a long time due to it’s size.

bobtkd

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2017
Albania
I m still on 17.3 on my 15 pro last build i think with better battery and somehow performance . Or should i update?
It never goes lower than 25% batt

Attachments

• IMG_8224.png
    IMG_8224.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: spartan1967

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
It’s not life altering. Battery is probably a little better.

What I was trying to say is all the features are running fine now & I am not in the market anymore to test any new features that I don’t need. Also, I will be waiting until at least this time next year for iOS 18 installation, if at all, because I am almost positive it will negatively impact my 13 mini, which I want to keep for a long time due to it’s size.
You know what? Maybe I should do the same because I value my SE3 a lot.

Reactions: spartan1967

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
I m still on 17.3 on my 15 pro last build i think with better battery and somehow performance . Or should i update?
It never goes lower than 25% batt
That's really solid daily battery life & I would question if I should update as well. Also, thanks for sharing what apps you were on & iPhone you have. Gives us a thorough look. 👍

Anaxarxes

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Where are you located? Could it be related to what type of network tech/frequencies being used?
Nope - Reddit is full of the same issues everywhere in the globe - Australia, US, UK, Germany everywhere. Also in 13/14/15 Pro users.

It's not network provider related - something completely messed up the way of handling the modem on the iPhone.

This is really unacceptable. iOS and macOS both breaking the core fabric of the usability for significant users is just not what is expected of Apple.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Nope - Reddit is full of the same issues everywhere in the globe - Australia, US, UK, Germany everywhere. Also in 13/14/15 Pro users.

It's not network provider related - something completely messed up the way of handling the modem on the iPhone.

This is really unacceptable. iOS and macOS both breaking the core fabric of the usability for significant users is just not what is expected of Apple.
As it isn't happening to everyone it could be related to what LTE bands being used (guessing now). I would report this to Apple so that they can collect data and hopefully solve the issue.
I'm using a 13 pro and a regular 14 as my daily driver (private and company) and don't have these issues.

Not sure if any of the security updates released with 17.4 are relates to the modem, the ones listed don't mention it. But Apple doesn't always seem to list all the security fixes in a release.

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
This update so far is really smooth and doesn't make me hate my XS anymore. Hopefully it stays this way but great update so far. I entered the gym yesterday with 100% battery and left with 100% battery after a 2.5 hour session. I can't recall the last time my XS has done that so consider me impressed so far...

Reactions: srbNYC

cigz

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2016
This has started for me in 17.4 as well. Was hoping fixed w this beta. :(
Same with me, tap to wake and raise to wake are not working as on 17.3 and before. It's weird because I haven't noticed that on 17.4 RC, it started with the one that got released to the public.

I'm also still having that 1-2s pause in the Face ID animation when I use it in safari and other apps that let me log in using it, even in the photos app.

Reactions: COBRASVT

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
After updating Find My is draining my battery. I'm losing percentage even while my phone is on charge.

Attachments

• IMG_3427.png
    IMG_3427.png
    264 KB · Views: 62
  • Wow
Reactions: COBRASVT
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.