Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Heymily

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2023
Europe
Really annoying aint it
Been like that since 17.4 for me
since 17.2 or 17.3 for me, and it fixed itself I don't know how... I hope it will be the same here. there is my backup in the settings, a little over 2 GB, but not in the iCloud storage bar, so I really hope that my backup is still taken into account...

Reactions: cableguy84

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
since 17.2 or 17.3 for me, and it fixed itself I don't know how... I hope it will be the same here. there is my backup in the settings, a little over 2 GB, but not in the iCloud storage bar, so I really hope that my backup is still taken into account...

Why exactly is this a critical issue?

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
Yes, ALL my sounds stopped. (including notifications) Thought I had DND or silent switch turned on but didn't. A reboot resolved it.

Oops guess they broke the battery meter on this one. 2.5 hours usage and still@ 100% ? nah 😅

Should’ve clarified that it was unused during that time. I was playing basketball and it was sitting in my bag, where normally I would come out with at least 5-10% gone. I did receive notifications as well so it seemed pretty impressive, could’ve definitely been a fluke lol.

Reactions: sbailey4

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Should’ve clarified that it was unused during that time. I was playing basketball and it was sitting in my bag, where normally I would come out with at least 5-10% gone. I did receive notifications as well so it seemed pretty impressive, could’ve definitely been a fluke lol.
Oh yeah that should be the way it is. There is always something going on in background but 5-10% while sitting is not good. Seems this is more normal now. Hopefully it will continue!

Reactions: jrdatrackstar1223

- rob -

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
On 15 pro, when syncing a big backlog of raw photos (60+) and then trying to select a few normal Live Photos and Share -> Messages the app gets stuck at an empty Preparing loading circle.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
17.4.1 on my private 13 pro, company 14 and Ipad Pro M1, no changes really.
Haven't been able to test if the Stage Manager bug that appeared in iPadOS 17.4 has been fixed.

Just updated my network infrastructure back home to 802.11ax, will see if that might improve battery life further.

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
I can confirm that the email reply to field bug Where it scrambles other email addresses in the wrong place and the only way to fix it is to re-launch the Mail app. Be very very careful when using reply all that it’s actually going to the right people and not to your bank or to your boss at work. What a hot mess o_O

SWaddi

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
17.4.1 killed my iPhone SE (latest one with 5G).
Had to do full restore via MacBook connection. Took about 45-mins including Apps update.
All okay now.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
I can confirm that the email reply to field bug Where it scrambles other email addresses in the wrong place and the only way to fix it is to re-launch the Mail app. Be very very careful when using reply all that it’s actually going to the right people and not to your bank or to your boss at work. What a hot mess o_O

It's the first time I hear about this. How common is this? How do you reproduce it?

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Anyone else have an issue where icloud storage isn’t showing icloud backup size

Either of you guys using the paid iCloud+? I have both the amount used in settings and the purple color bar in the graphic. assuming thats what you are referring to.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
no, i have free plan
hmm maybe thats the difference???? Perhaps Apple only shows you the graph as a "paid feature of iOS 17" if you pay them 99 cents a month. 😂

Seriously though could be a bug only in certain iPhones. (the newer ones)

Heymily

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2023
Europe
hmm maybe thats the difference???? Perhaps Apple only shows you the graph as a "paid feature of iOS 17" if you pay them 99 cents a month. 😂

Seriously though could be a bug only in certain iPhones. (the newer ones)
lol :')

(i've iPhone 14, and you?)

edit : oh, iPhone XR, i'm blind lmao

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
It's the first time I hear about this. How common is this? How do you reproduce it?
Happens at least once a day. I have several mailboxes configured. An IT guy contacted me when it happened to him when he hit reply all and it sent emails to wrong clients. Hard to reproduce on demand but when you’re not paying attention it happens.

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
My brother can no longer sync his iPhone 13 mini running iOS 17.4.1 with his iMac running High Sierra via usb cable, it says it needs to download the iTunes iphone update for the computer and it fails with a network error and I tested it with a clean install and it’s definitely a problem with Apple.
I even tried setting the clock back to when it used to work and it’s not an expired certificate problem, Apple has pulled all the updates for High Sierra. o_O

• Sad
Reactions: Populus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.