Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Anybody else lost the unlock and lock sound effect with this update? Mine is gone.
Yes, ALL my sounds stopped. (including notifications) Thought I had DND or silent switch turned on but didn't. A reboot resolved it.

This update so far is really smooth and doesn't make me hate my XS anymore. Hopefully it stays this way but great update so far. I entered the gym yesterday with 100% battery and left with 100% battery after a 2.5 hour session. I can't recall the last time my XS has done that so consider me impressed so far...
Oops guess they broke the battery meter on this one. 2.5 hours usage and still@ 100% ? nah 😅

Kobs

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2022
For me only IOS 17.3 had an excellent battery life, the versions before and after...

Spline

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
[...]
Not sure if any of the security updates released with 17.4 are relates to the modem, the ones listed don't mention it. But Apple doesn't always seem to list all the security fixes in a release.
17.4.1 has a modem update, according to Zollo. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss new connectivity issues ushered in by this update.

Reactions: Reverend Benny

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
Correction. Charging and disconnect from charging sounds gone. Startup sound gone. Shut down sound was good.

Edit: Went into shortcuts, ran each manually and now they are working normally.

Last edited:

ProQuiz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2009
After the update, my left AirPods Pro (second generation) is louder than the right. But only when the volume is near max. At 3/4 or lower volume levels, the balance is normal. However, this is also true now when using them on my Mac so I don't know if the iOS update caused it or something else.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2021
After the update, my left AirPods Pro (second generation) is louder than the right. But only when the volume is near max. At 3/4 or lower volume levels, the balance is normal. However, this is also true now when using them on my Mac so I don't know if the iOS update caused it or something else.
Not to be that guy but how do you listen to them over 50% volume? Holy cow

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Anyone else no longer able to use Google straight from a search via the address bar in Safari if Private Relay is activated? It either asks me for a CAPTCHA or blocks me all together.

If I go on Google.com first and then do a search, it works however.

Very annoying and made me turn off Private Relay in the meantime.

Reactions: phrekaru

killhippie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2016
UK
Nope - Reddit is full of the same issues everywhere in the globe - Australia, US, UK, Germany everywhere. Also in 13/14/15 Pro users.

It's not network provider related - something completely messed up the way of handling the modem on the iPhone.

This is really unacceptable. iOS and macOS both breaking the core fabric of the usability for significant users is just not what is expected of Apple.
Just because a bunch of people on Reddit says so does not make it true, though, people never say "hey its okay" on websites like this or Reddit but there may be issues but my 14 Pro is getting 208Mbps down 35 Mbps up which is what I usually get on 5G in the UK as we are sub 6Ghz here, calls not dropping in fact all seems as it was tbh on EE.

Anaxarxes

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
Amsterdam, Netherlands
they're slowly preparing you to spend money on a new 16 Pro later this year so you can have a fast phone once again 💋🫦 /s
I’m talking according to my own experience and you say it might not be true. This is like… surreal?

See below. 5G full bar, Speedtest say I’m connected to internet, but fails the test mid way because the connection speed AND connection reliability is now in question.

See also my eSIM is still with no service…

IMG_0002.png

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I’m talking according to my own experience and you say it might not be true. This is like… surreal?

See below. 5G full bar, Speedtest say I’m connected to internet, but fails the test mid way because the connection speed AND connection reliability is now in question.

See also my eSIM is still with no service…

View attachment 2361923

If I were you, I would reinstall 17.4.1 via the IPSW file (instructions can be found in the first post). If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you may have hardware problems.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Or maybe your hearing is out of wack now from listening to your airpods at near max… Perhaps a hearing exam is in your future..

Reactions: ypnos

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
After a hard reset, my battery went from 80% to 83% without charging.
Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 9.21.39 AM.jpeg

I'm assuming it has recalibrated the battery charge.

Reactions: Heymily
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.