Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

2Xtreme21

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
I’m struggling to find anything obviously different from 17.4.1. Modem firmware and carrier version higher but haven’t seen anything else. (14 Pro and in EU).

Reactions: garetc and P_Watt

Reeneman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2021
Hopefully it's finally going to fix the Locked Screen Notifications with square corners instead of rounded corners...
It's been nearly 2 years with this bug 🪳
Honestly I doubt it… hoping for iOS 18 and a fix.

Hans300

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2017
Happens every time because the 17.5 build was forked off 17.4 or 17.4.1 before it was final.
I dont understand why they dont take FINAL version of previous version and THEN begin to further updating it to a new version.

Reactions: roncron

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I dont understand why they dont take FINAL version of previous version and THEN begin to further updating it to a new version.
Because the new version is already being worked on when the final previous version is released. But I agree, they could move it up to the next level (beta 2 in reality) but call it beta 1 before sending it out to public. Beta 2 is usually when things like modem and carriers and such gets updated back to previous version levels.

Reactions: Hans300

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
I’m struggling to find anything obviously different from 17.4.1. Modem firmware and carrier version higher but haven’t seen anything else. (14 Pro and in EU).
Outside the EU there isn't much if anything.
Inside the EU there's downloading apps direct from some websites - if you're crazy enough

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
im going on limbo by upgrading to this betas, it’s not going to get any worst than my current battery drain and overheat issue 😭 and I just got my battery replace 2 weeks ago so this is relatively new battery

• Sad
Reactions: ahmede and iLuddite

evertjr

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2016
System feels weirdly snappier and more fluid on iPhone 15 (and on M1 MacBook Air)...a sign of things to come with iOS 18/macOS 15, let's hope :)
On my 14PM is a lot smoother too. I feel like there's something seriously wrong with the 17.4.x release, even my screen now feels like proper 120hz, lets hope the battery life is improved too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.