Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Outside the EU there isn't much if anything.
Inside the EU there's downloading apps direct from some websites - if you're crazy enough

I am yet to find those websites and developers matching all of Apple’s conditions. Apple really do not want it to be easy for people to implement or use.

• Haha
Reactions: iOS Geek

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
I am yet to find those websites and developers matching all of Apple’s conditions. Apple really do not want it to be easy for people to implement or use.
The bureaucracy involved for devs to qualify for website downloading matches nicely with the gobbledygook in EU directives.
I want Apple to win this crazy standoff.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
The bureaucracy involved for devs to qualify for website downloading matches nicely with the gobbledygook in EU directives.
I want Apple to win this crazy standoff.

And I would very much like Apple to make iOS and iPadOS work as macOS does, as far as it concerns installation of the apps. This will resolve all of the EC demands and complaints (else they would be going after macOS as well) and keep most users happy.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA

Attachments

• IMG_1189.png
    IMG_1189.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1190.png
    IMG_1190.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 64

Artesia

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2024
Did Apple tweak the weather widget? Not sure if Im going crazy or what but the temperature (1) looks smaller in font. I swear it was bigger in font.

IMG_0081.jpeg

Reactions: HuNay

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
15 ProMax and iPad Pro11

When swiping from the left to “go back” for apps that allow it, the swipe now executes in slow motion. :oops:

Badges on apps are still out of whack - big ones for me are Mail, Teams, and Telegram.

Battery seems okay - nothing eye catching at the moment.

Most Notifications have stopped working with my AWU (not on beta) and calls are not showing on the AWU.

Reactions: ShaneSparkyYYZ

AxelFoley

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2015
The Fitness app when started from the iPhone will NOT connect to the Apple Watch (I have Ultra 2) when an activity is started. The Fitness app when started on an iPad or an Apple TV, WILL connect to the Apple Watch.
Can someone confirm?

Axel F

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
The Fitness app when started from the iPhone will NOT connect to the Apple Watch (I have Ultra 2) when an activity is started. The Fitness app when started on an iPad or an Apple TV, WILL connect to the Apple Watch.
Can someone confirm?

Axel F
Works ok for me on Apple Watch 8 using Apple fitness on iPhone running iOS 17.5 beta 1.

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Face ID and Unlock with Apple Watch no longer works with 17.5.1 beta. I've reset the iPhone but no luck.

• Wow
Reactions: roncron

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Reported to Apple Feedback.

Hopefully it will get fixed next week.

Edited...
Tried to erase Face ID and set it up again, but cannot set up Face ID at all.

jazzzyJeff

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
Yup! Apple TV can’t load home page. App Store down as well.

Edit: Can’t play my purchases as well. Entire Apple TV inaccessible. Not just ATV+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.