Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phogro

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2015
Boston, MA
I’d say RC immediately after the event and public release on 5/9 ( day before likely iPad public availability)

I'd have expected the public availability to be the following week. Don't they need time to seed those review units? Maybe that doesn't happen with iPads though -- it's been so long since Apple's released one I've kind of forgotten how they do that.

Reactions: Kal Madda

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I'd have expected the public availability to be the following week. Don't they need time to seed those review units? Maybe that doesn't happen with iPads though -- it's been so long since Apple's released one I've kind of forgotten how they do that.

From all accounts, the iPads have been delayed by more than a month. I don’t think they’re going to wait any longer than they absolutely need to to get them on the market.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Thanks for dropping it Timmy IMG_9733.jpeg

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
From all accounts, the iPads have been delayed by more than a month. I don’t think they’re going to wait any longer than they absolutely need to to get them on the market.
Wouldn't surprise me if they were just stockpiling them until they got enough ready for launch, they probably ship with some version of 17.4.1 which was insinuated by Gurman.

Abthevolfan92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2022
And what does he know that no one else does? Please stop putting so much faith in what he says. He knows nothing, along with the rest of us.

If it was up to me, all further mentions of him and other YouTubers would be banned in this thread
He seemed very confident and he has connections. Sometimes I don't trust him but he seemed to be sure this time

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
He seemed very confident and he has connections. Sometimes I don't trust him but he seemed to be sure this time

He may have connections, but I wouldn’t bet on them being deep rooted behind the scenes at Apple. He makes educated guesses like many of us on here do. He is using history and data from prior releases to make videos that have educated guesses. It would be like me putting out a video saying that 17.5 RC is coming after the May 7th event. Do I have knowledge, absolutely not, none what so ever. But I can make an educated guess based on what Apple has done in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.