Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kal Madda

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2022
He knows absolutely nothing along with the rest of us. That is all there is to it.

Whilst I understand you can post pretty much whatever you like here, personally I would prefer if you didn’t mention him again.
While Gurman and other sources like Zollo have been very unreliable of late, I believe other forum members are perfectly free to cite them, even if I don’t think they’re accurate.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Just because someone cites a source to bolster their speculative opinion doesn’t mean they’re doing so “blindly”.

Not jumping in on this fight…but just here to say…I have found the educated guesses by some of the forum members here that track past releases/updates to be as accurate if not more than the folks being quoted.

I would surmise then that the comments posting these “guesses” by people who do this for a living are no better than the ones done in here by forum members just passionate about iOS.

Anyway…I will agree that posting rumors by those paid to do it for a living isn’t the worst thing for context sake…but I also agree it doesn’t help.

Great job to those that do track and post…and are correct! I’m too busy with work/life to do it on a regular basis.

jpdunn13

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2022
I'd like to take an informal poll. How many on this forum are running 17.5ß3 and actively developing an iOS app? I'm trying to get started, but with work and life haven't yet found the time.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Great job to those that do track and post…and are correct! I’m too busy with work/life to do it on a regular basis.
Same, I wholeheartedly appreciate @dk001 and other forum members that objectively and critically inform us about betas and report the bugs to Apple.

I personally don’t like to update my devices regularly and prefer to stay in stable and efficient releases for months until a new one is worth the risk. That’s why their feedback is so valuable for me.

Reactions: Kal Madda

Kal Madda

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2022
any hope for RC on April 30th?
I think it’s possible, the 3rd beta that I’m running is very stable for me, I don’t think there’s much else for them to fix or improve for this update. But of course I don’t know, and it’s quite possible they may release another beta and release the RC after a beta 4.

Reactions: JFLECHUGA

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
any hope for RC on April 30th?
Seems unlikely. Assuming the iPads that are most probably going to be announced on May 7th are not available for immediate purchase, it seems more likely that the RC would be released on May 7th (to avoid revealing any hardware "secrets") and then the public release would be the day before public availability of the new iPads. If we get the RC on 4/30, then we'll have a pretty good idea that the iPads will be available for immediate purchase after the event.

Kal Madda

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2022
Seems unlikely. Assuming the iPads that are most probably going to be announced on May 7th are not available for immediate purchase, it seems more likely that the RC would be released on May 7th (to avoid revealing any hardware "secrets") and then the public release would be the day before public availability of the new iPads. If we get the RC on 4/30, then we'll have a pretty good idea that the iPads will be available for immediate purchase after the event.
That’s a good point. Personally, I’m not sure I buy the reports that the iPad’s were delayed, that seems more like an excuse for inaccurate “leaks”. Gurman seems to be just throwing out guesses at this point, and then when his guess turns out to be wrong, seems like he chalks it up to a “delay”, rather than his prediction being inaccurate. That’s at least my thoughts on that. But yeah, if the iPad’s were delayed, then I guess it may be more likely, but if they weren’t delayed (which I suspect to be the case), then your timeframe seems probable. 👍🏻

Reactions: JFLECHUGA

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
I am looking forward to confirmation of this beta cycle to be predictable with a beta 4. The received calls now only shows edit, and from there you can select and delete immediately. Occasionally in the recent past it sometimes didn't provide select and you need to reboot for it update so you could do that. Progress it seems.

iLuddite

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2023
Well?!

1714497311391.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.