Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bindle

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2008
Notification:
tweetjj.png

bindle

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2008
Slid down from the top - doesn't roll and 'alter' the top of the active app like previous. Just slides down then up

----------

Nice, but I feel that the black bar is too big compared to the content. What do you think?

Yeah did seem a bit big. Hopefully it's just a beta 1 thing.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Slid down from the top - doesn't roll and 'alter' the top of the active app like previous. Just slides down then up

----------

Yeah did seem a bit big. Hopefully it's just a beta 1 thing.

One more question...when you touch the notification banner...does it still do the "swap" animation thing. What about after touching a notification in notification center?

dto

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
7 looks pretty terrible to me. To much of a kiddish look or something. I use several iphone 5s for my business and would like to see something more professional looking.

msephton

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom, Europe
Details:
Rain in Apple weather app is gyro sensitive (ie move the phone and the origin of the droplets changes)

Stability:
I've had Springboard restart/crash a couple of time since installing.
Some apps have quirks due to the new opening animation (eg. Facebook, Fantastical)
and/or the new UI theme (eg. Echofon)

Last edited:

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
That's also my thought. I hope jony ran out of time and they are kinda placeholders.

Yeah? How's that work?

"Jony, we don't have time to create all new icons before the release"

"Ok, then create all new icons for now. When we have more time we'll create a whole NEW set of all new icons."

I can see some icons getting changed based on feedback (tweaked would probably be a better word). But anyone who thinks they're ALL getting updated again is most likely in for an unfortunate surprise. In my opinion of course.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
It's very un-iPhone like ... dare I say it, it's quite "Android-ish", but in a good way. It's very clean and modern, and iOS 6's interface looks incredibly bulky and dated in comparison now.

At the end of the day, the sensible ones among us all called this bang on. There are people here who bitched about Apple needing to change iOS drastically or they would lose their custom. Apple delivered, iOS is "polarizing", it is a drastic change from iOS releases of the past, yet these same people are now bitching about Safari's icon, etc.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Probably going to be a lot of app updates this year with icon changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.