Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
- Apple Watch Bluetooth support.

Bugs:

- weather app lag is back when expanding a city.
- email ignores the default account and sends your mail from an accounts of it's own choosing
- music playback from iTunes in the Cloud does not work in this beta
- pixelated spotlight is back
- TeamViewer app does not log in.
- Bluetooth pairing fails when paired through third party apps (e.g. Pebble, GoPro Hero4)
- Dynamic wallpapers occasionally and unexpectedly reset when switching apps.

Last edited:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
What you mean blanking out ? Like just a black screen or something ?

Yeah, like in Spotlight.

But uh oh, this bug came back! :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0299.png
    IMG_0299.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 287

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Spotlight is still acting stupid, sadly. Sometimes search results don't appear, then appear the next time you search, or vanish while you are typing.

Sigh. This is a HUGE usability bug; why isn't Apple squashing it? I've reported it twice already.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Bluetooth controllers still don't work.

It shows as connected but the controller doesn't respond in games.

Work fine in 8.1.2.

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
Facebook app broken. Can't refresh, can't load pics.

*EDIT* nevermind, still loading slow, but seems to be working better now. Must have been a fluke.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
I really wish some of these common bugs would get squished.

Some of them actually got fixed in earlier builds, but then came back.

Seeing that messed-up/black/pixelated Spotlight screen is is terrible.

Even iOS 8.1.2 still has so many bugs that were present back in the iOS 8.0 betas. Orientation issues, copy&paste pasting the wrong thing, WiFi issues, etc.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Sometimes I feel that they are releasing same code over and over again and slapping "General bugfixes and performance improvements" under changelog. Lol.

Last edited:

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Hasn't the Weather app always lagged when collapsing or was that fixed in a previous beta?

I have an old 4s that I test ios betas and in beta 3 everything was smooth but now in beta 4 it is laggy again.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
I have an old 4s that I test ios betas and in beta 3 everything was smooth but now in beta 4 it is laggy again.

I think collapsing was smooth. But expanding a city by tapping on it was always 5 fps laggy animation. I mean how hard is it to fix that simple issue? The same animation was 60 fps on iOS 7.1.2.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I think collapsing was smooth. But expanding a city by tapping on it was always 5 fps laggy animation. I mean how hard is it to fix that simple issue? The same animation was 60 fps on iOS 7.1.2.

YES, you're right. Expanding a city is laggy again. My bad.

Last edited:

Daiphoneboss

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2015
I think 8.2 when it comes out though will be fairly polished and stable, letting Apple retail employees test iOS versions now is gonna help out a ton

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
Can't play music that's in iTunes match. Seriously, how the hel do you screw that up???

Basically, my music collection is completely broken now.

kring

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Connecticut
Restore Failed, first try through itunes, basically after the restore is done and the phone reboots. itunes crashes. unable to ever connect it again to itunes. Had to do phone reset and icloud restore. failed first time, no apps would download, all just kept sitting there waiting, worked 2nd.

it stinks after a restore you loose all your ApplePay cards and settings.

And these bafoons still haven't fixed the absurd bug where Apple takes all of your new calendar entries from other providers and changes the time and time zone on them. complete idiots over there in iOS team to let a bug like this make it out in the wild, let alone take months to still not fix it. this should be an emergency all hands on deck, stop the production line, we screwed up royally and we need to fix it immediately type issue.

The 3rd party keyboards are still screwy on the apple side. why is it so hard to switch keyboards and make it still work?

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Can't play music that's in iTunes match. Seriously, how the hel do you screw that up???

Basically, my music collection is completely broken now.

This is a known issue that was documented in the release notes. Still agree with you in how the heck they screw it up!

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
This is a known issue that was documented in the release notes. Still agree with you in how the heck they screw it up!

I admit, I installed before I read the notes. But, seriously.. How do you regress a feature like that and still release the beta?!?

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I admit, I installed before I read the notes. But, seriously.. How do you regress a feature like that and still release the beta?!?

The good news is that you can downgrade back to beta 3 without restoring if you have the .ipsw file by using the ALT-Check for Update option in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.