Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Battery seems a lot worse on this release. I'm at 2 hrs of use, 8 standby and I'm at 60% on my iPhone 6.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Facebook It's still not working for me either it takes forever to load. I wanna just downgrade to 8.1.2 but I tried it already and I lost everything and I can't restore from beta 4 update. Is there any other way to downgrade without losing anything at all?

Should be able to shift+update and browse to the 8.1.2 ipsw file. That will "update" not restore. Also FB is a POS app, always has been. Maybe try Paper as it works better anyway. Or use FB mobile (in the browser) still better than the app.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
Should be able to shift+update and browse to the 8.1.2 ipsw file. That will "update" not restore. Also FB is a POS app, always has been. Maybe try Paper as it works better anyway. Or use FB mobile (in the browser) still better than the app.

Don't think this would work...

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Don't think this would work...

Sure it does. Done it many times before. Granted have not done it specifically from 8.2 b to 8.1.2 but last time I used this process did from 8.1.1 back to 8.1 and it worked just fine.

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2014
It does work but I lossed all my apps and messages when I did it. I didn't want that to happen

buckeyeflig

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2015
I tried this to downgrade and had all manner of interesting problems. I ended up having to restore to the last backup I did with 8.1.2 to get my phone back to normal.

So yeah, this doesn't always work. Oh and by the way, you don't have to capitalize every word in a sentence. Just the first one is sufficient. :)

Easy fix if you're still having problems... do the "update" to 8.1.2 from 8.2 beta x. Once the update is complete, do a new backup. After the backup is complete, do a restore on the iPhone to factory default 8.1.2 and then reload the backup you just created. Everything will run the way it should from that point.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
For those who are considering doing shift and update to revert back to 8.1.2, I did it last night. It did work, however some apps disappeared and couldn't be found, messages were deleted and my other memory doubled to almost 5gb. I was forced to do a fresh install to fix everything. So my suggestion is to not bother with reverting back to 8.1.2 without doing a fresh install, it messes too much up.

sbreezy

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
iOS 8.2 Beta 4 Bug Fixes And Changes

For those who are considering doing shift and update to revert back to 8.1.2, I did it last night. It did work, however some apps disappeared and couldn't be found, messages were deleted and my other memory doubled to almost 5gb. I was forced to do a fresh install to fix everything. So my suggestion is to not bother with reverting back to 8.1.2 without doing a fresh install, it messes too much up.

Is there a way to get the apps and messages back once going back to 8.1.2? Because I want to go back to 8.1.2 but I don't wanna lose my apps and messages again because I tried it a few days ago and lost a lot of stuff.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Is there a way to get the apps and messages back once going back to 8.1.2? Because I want to go back to 8.1.2 but I don't wanna lose my apps and messages again because I tried it a few days ago and lost a lot of stuff.

I tried to redo load the apps again, but they wouldn't appear on the phone. Also the phone was very sluggish and locking up. I wouldn't do it without doing a fresh install.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Finally Teamviewer app got updated on AppStore and now works on beta 4.

Now I can jump on beta cycle.

kushari

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
Anyone having issues with Push notifications using exchange or exchange activesync issues in general?

Last edited:

gregsapphire

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2014
Were you able to do this without losing data like messages? I've been stuck on 8.2 for a couple months cause I can't figure out how to restore my 8.2 backup to 8.1.x.

I tried down grading to 8.1.3 from 8.2 and lost all my messages history. It still showed that my messages were taking up a lot of space on my device but everything was erased from the messages app. After trying many things and having lost of problems with trying to fix the issue I am back to 8.2 and all the issues I have with it. Really hope beta 5 comes out soon because each day I'm noticing more issues.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
I tried down grading to 8.1.3 from 8.2 and lost all my messages history. It still showed that my messages were taking up a lot of space on my device but everything was erased from the messages app. After trying many things and having lost of problems with trying to fix the issue I am back to 8.2 and all the issues I have with it. Really hope beta 5 comes out soon because each day I'm noticing more issues.
This was my experience as well. Here's to hoping Beta 5 is a lot better.

Rollingsalmon

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2015
Facebook probs

Since downloading 8.2 YESTERDAY, I can't check notifications or use the back arrow.....top left with Facebook. Anyone else? Any solutions?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Since downloading 8.2 YESTERDAY, I can't check notifications or use the back arrow.....top left with Facebook. Anyone else? Any solutions?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? Perhaps restating the phone also?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.