Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I'm asking that because I want to downgrade back to 8.1.2 but I can't restore from backup since I'm up 8.2 beta. And I have a lot of stuff I don't want to get deleted. Any ideas how to downgrade and still keep all my stuff on my phone ?

The question was already answered (shift/update) and that should work. However if you are going to play with betas in the future you really should get a backup BEFORE installing a beta and keep it in a safe place. If your stuff you don't want deleted is in fact important to keep.

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2014
No I Never Lost Anything But Do A iTunes Backup Just Incase Like I Did

Thank you it was it worked but all my apps disappeared and all my messages got deleted. I needed both of those so I went back to 8.2 beta 4 back

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
iOS 8 betas since 8.1.1 don't really interest to me, I haven't installed beta 3 or 4 (I believe) because I'm not developing for the Apple watch. There also doesn't seem to be any performance improvements or changes so I think we may have to wait for a different version of iOS for that. 8.2 is all about the watch.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Thank you it was it worked but all my apps disappeared and all my messages got deleted. I needed both of those so I went back to 8.2 beta 4 back

Strange, Are you sure you did shift/update not shift/restore? That should not have wiped your data. In the past it has worked flawlessly just like an update.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Anyone else lose service on Beta 4? I was on my way home from work and all of the sudden I lost service. I've tried resetting the network and restarting the phone again but no luck.

Again, I understand this is Beta for a reason but just thought I'd ask, I'm on AT&T btw.

Thanks!

**UPDATE**

Never mind, looks like an outage with AT&T!

Last edited:

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
iOS 8 betas since 8.1.1 don't really interest to me, I haven't installed beta 3 or 4 (I believe) because I'm not developing for the Apple watch. There also doesn't seem to be any performance improvements or changes so I think we may have to wait for a different version of iOS for that. 8.2 is all about the watch.

8.2 definitely has some performance improvement. My iPhone 5 feels much smoother.

----------

i've downgrade to 8.1.2 and facebook app is working flawless..

it's definitely beta 4 bug..

Actually my Facebook app is now playing up. If you restart the app it will work for a little while then play up again. I've just resorted to using Facebook on Safari.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
After almost 24 hours, the Facebook app is still horribly slow. Once everything loads, all is well, but if I get a notification and try to view it, nothing happens. I have to exit out of the app, and leave it sit for a few minutes before everything will appear.

Anyone else having similar issues?

confirmed as well

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Who tested gestures on Ipad Air? Working close app gesture?

I question weather that will be fixed by 8.2. I just got another call back from the tech I reported this to over a month ago. The engineers had confirmed the rotation/gesture failure issue weeks ago but at this time all I was updated this week with a call telling me that they are looking into it. So I'd say only a slight possibility it will be fixed by 8.2.

This new Apple seems a bit less polished if you ask me. These silly little things like gestures randomly not working seems very unfortunate.

Whats more unfortunate is that I really don't think they have enough engineers to just go through the system and clean up all these little BS glitches in iOS 8. Especially with the Apple Watch sprint to the launch day.

Hopefully they will take this year to SLOW THE F--- DOWN and make everything more stable.

MAKE IT A SNOW LEOPARD YEAR!

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Did anyone try beta 4 on A7 ipads?

Last edited:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Apple are too busy working on iOS9 and the stupid watch software. I expect that nobody at Apple HQ is running iOS8 on their hardware any more.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
This new Apple seems a bit less polished if you ask me. These silly little things like gestures randomly not working seems very unfortunate.

This is just it right here. One of the things that makes iOS attractive over Android has always been how stable and refined it is. It's STILL worlds ahead of Android in this category, but as of late has been slipping. It won't be long before people are simply deciding between a crappy experience and a crappy experience and choose the less expensive, more open crap.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Is the lock screen still stuck when swiping from the notification on the lock screen while on a 'long' or 'complicated' password (using keyboard not T9)? This is annoying me a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.